It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Cost will rise, Says new HHS Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law will increase the nation's health care tab instead of bringing costs down, government economic forecasters concluded Thursday in a sobering assessment of the sweeping legislation.

A report by economic experts at the Health and Human Services Department said the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding health insurance -- adding 34 million Americans to the coverage rolls.

But the analysis also found that the law falls short of the president's twin goal of controlling runaway costs, raising projected spending by about 1 percent over 10 years. That increase could get bigger, however, since the report also warned that Medicare cuts in the law may be unrealistic and unsustainable, forcing lawmakers to roll them back."

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Well what do you expect? The cost are going to continue to go up and up, even though choosen one and his idiot stooges said it will go down. And people wonder why people go crazy shoot at the Pentagon and flying planes into IRS buidlings... Keep it up DC, Keep freaking pushing.

And to keep a fair approach here is an article from MSNBC.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
As many have stated here, this had nothing to do with health care, this had nothing to do with keeping costs down, this had nothing to do with helping anyone.

This has to do about TAX and CONTROL

Someone post the video where the representative admitted to same, I am just so sick and tired of pointing out the obvious.

We have one of the ASSHATS admitting it right on video, yet we have ignorant people not believing their own ears. OR, are these people paid for what they are stating. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

When he signed the freedom of choice of Americans into the hands of predators like private insurance companies without any control or regulation of the predatory practices anybody with half a brain will understand what all this means.

The biggest bailout to another yet corporate entity at the expenses of personal freedoms.

This bailout is going to be even bigger than the one to the financial institutions because is for life. . .

From the time a child is born is bound to be owned by the private insurance companies.

To add more pain to the injury he signed to have Medicaid to become the biggest insurer to the poor and those that will not fall under the private insurance servitude at the expenses again of the tax payer.

Increasing Medicaid is going to add more debt to the deficit, again, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out either. . . as more people loses their jobs and incomes the reminding tax payer have to keep paying into medicaid.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have to say, the lied about unemployment rate of 10% will be the NEW standard whether or not our country is doing well.

Just look at other countries standard unemployment rates.

How dare we think the government should not cause this? We do not deserve to have any more jobs in our country than any other country. How dare we have a better standard of living? How dare we pay less in taxes than other countries?

How dare we?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

10,000 Stars. You know you beat me to the reply.

Without regulation to control prices and mandatory demand by compulsion of law, was there any doubt that this was nothing more than a blank check for insurance companies and revenue generation device for the government.

I do believe we can most effectively call this involuntary servitude. Welcome to the United Slaves of America.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am surprised the Liberal nuts haven't come in yet to punch holes in your thread yet.

This bill was predicted to cause costs to rise from the get-go. Republicans warned of it, Rush, Glenn, Sean, & the Citizens of the USA. In the rest of the article shows administration ignorance as they say "so what".

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I don't know about paying less taxes, my husband and I are not rich and we have not much to show for, but our taxes this year steadily increased to reach the over 20 thousand dollar mark.

And how dare the government to say that taxes are not been increasing, perhaps he forgot to tell the states . . .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

My taxes have risen and I'm floating right around the federal poverty level and dont own a home or anything.

I want to know whose taxes actually went down?

Obama said I should be thanking him. I look at that "withholding" and thanking him isnt the first thing that comes to mind.

For full disclosure I wont be thanking any politician until that withholding section disappears completely. If they're going to rob me be upfront about it. Dont sneak it away every week.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow...imagine that. I'm glad these guys get paid the big bucks.

Who would've thunk that adding 34 million people unable to currently pay for healthcare themselves to an automatic acceptance program would raise costs....

At least we now know why these guys are the "big-wigs" and we are just lowly citizens without a clue.... Thank God for the government!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yeah, I was being facetious.

One of the tricks of the fed gov is to mandate the States to do things and then not give them enough money to cover it. That sound familiar huh? Wonder how quick this is going to be a State thing?

Wonder how the States feel about having to finance the National Guards and when they are needed to protect the border, they have to request them from the feds?

Yes, how are the property tax evaluations going on now for the decrease in the value of homes? Wonder if ANY states have re evaluated the prices for property tax purposes?

I actually called my local gov and asked about that. It was kind of a funny conversation. In the neighborhood a house recently sold. The owner told me he took 20k less for it than he paid. Now when other houses were sold over the years and the price increased, the tax assessor would come out and reassess the values of the homes. I specifically asked when they were going to come out and downgrade the values of the homes in regards to this sale. Boy the bull# that came out of his mouth was PRICELESS.

I have heard that the local gov is talking about raising the percent up again though. Gotta love gov for their CONSISTENT acts of aggression though. At least you KNOW who the tyrants are.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I hear you, even my children that are also on poverty level when it comes to their income and still living at home had to pay taxes this year.

Then a friend of mind told me . . . remember the bailouts for the tax payer? in the last two years? well is time to pay back baby.

Then I got it, plus states are increasing taxes like crazy also.

Now what did Obama said about no taxes? yeah we most thank him alright.

What a joke.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I got another for you, the corrupted entity call BofA, that now is the holder or our mortgage played one on us this year, our property taxes increased this year so they decided to make sure we are not short for taxes next year so they are now holding 16% of our property taxes prediction over the taxes we paid a year.

Meaning we were short only 190 dollars but they are not to hold over 600 to make sure we are not short next year.

Now what in the hell is that, but they are holding 2% more for the shortage of last year.

Nothing but crocks.

The Wait when the Medicaid is cut in 2017 after the government promise to the states of funding 100% to agree with the HCR, the states will be forced to come out with the money to pay for all the newly Medicaid recipient that Obama signed now to be covered under Medicaid.

top topics

join