It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Leader-Reid- Makes Immigration Bill Bigger Priority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, trailing in polls in heavily Hispanic Nevada, wants to pursue legislation to provide legal status for many unlawful immigrants before the Senate tackles a climate change and energy bill and as Democrats defend their congressional majorities ahead of the November congressional elections. Reid broached the change of priorities during a meeting this week with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to two Democratic officials familiar with the developments.

In Nevada, 26 percent of the population is Hispanic, according to the census. Reid's decision to undertake immigration legislation first came as something of a surprise to the sponsors of the energy and climate change bill, the Democratic officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk openly about the developments.

Source:
newsmax.com...

This is Harry Reid making it all about Harry Reid. He needs to GO! I sure hope the the voters of NV know that and deliever his defeat. I got to her his main Republican challenger last week (Mark Levins show). I don't remember her name but she was a formet AG there. She sounded like a class act and has what it takes to things in Washington as a true Conservative.

All three, Obama, Reid and Pelosi must go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fac67bc76c31.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

join