It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea Seizes S.Korean Assets, Warns Of War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Putin and Hu maybe playing hard ball now... Lets assume that sinking SK ship was a False Flag made by Chinese - and North Korea really thinks South Korea has made that them selfs, or are already informed that China is playing this game and they are giving 100% safety quarantees to NK in every outcome of this gamble.

Western alliance will have few chances now...

A) Try to prevent war in Korea by threatening North Korea with nuclear strikes - outcome of this has no quarantees, possible disaster.

B) Gear up conventional forces and building defences around South Korea - accept possible conventional war and its impact to worlds economy, same time loosing possibilities to wage another war in Middle East.

C) Prevent the war by turning to China and ask their involvement in crisis. China/Russia can ease tensions after hard pressure, but they will have list of demands to West from this, like in Taiwan, Iran, Venezuela or Georgia.

Hmm....
I really see that China/Russia can truly benefit from this crisis, but both SK and NK wont, and also USA/EU/Israel will just loose.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Things to watch for.

1. Military build up - China / US / Britain naval movements diverted...

2. Thailand / Philippines us base activity - more frequest awacs take offs etc...

3. Taiwanese - requesting further advancement of thier defences from the US

4. Troops being withdrawn from non mission critical areas of the middle east.

5. Base movement in South Korea of US troops.

When we see these things happening then the fit is about the hit the shan in a way that has not been seen before in the region.

One point to make here, I was in Japan back in 2000 when NK fired a missile into the sea of Japan... The general feeling was not good. I can only wonder at how the Japanese must be feeling at this point and if the points above come to pass I would be glad not to be in Japan....

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Kim jong-il has made threats before, and specifically last year said he would wipe the US off the map. Since we know he can't do that, nobody took him too seriously. But when he makes threats he can carry out like this, the whole game changes.

Is Kim aware that the US has to take him seriously over this, or is it still all a game for him?

I suspect China's influence, and Kim's delusional behaviour makes it easier for the chinese use them as a pawn.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Didn't the N.Koreans just meet the Iranian's a few days ago???

Seems convenient that a crisis could occur in east asia, to distract from the middle east.

400 bunker busters stored on diego garcia.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Not being funny but if I was a leader (President of US, Priminister of UK etc.) then I would be on the phone to little Kimmy and ask him what the f*** he is playing at!

They must have a phone number for each countries leader and I would be curious to ask him the question.

What do you think his response would be ???

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

*Click* (hangs up)........................................................*KABOOOOOM* (Seoul residents awaken to a loud explosion)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yes North Korea and Iran made a ``technological and cultural deal`` for 2 years.

And IMO if war breaks out on the Korean peninsula and South Korea losses/China gets involved, it wouldn't surprise me that Japan develop nukes and will have them ready to launch 6 months after that.

Yeah the only way this ain't gonna go to war is CHINA. China is the key here... but unfortunately the US does not have good relations with them and they need them for financial support.

Now a few things that could change the area... China economy collapsing... Just look at Shangai, their real estate market dropped 10% in a week last week... the whole chinese economy is a big bubble.

Also, if South Korea/US can somehow scare China into thinking that if a war breaks out, millions of refugees will come in China causing lots of political trouble... maybe China could buy a new shiny leach for Kim...

So either SCARE THE HELL OUT OF CHINA of what would happen if a war breaks out... or DO A LOSING DEAL WITH THEM... or war breaks out.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

*Click* (hangs up)........................................................*KABOOOOOM* (Seoul residents awaken to a loud explosion)

LOLOL, good one but is he really that crazy?

I will chat to some HAM Radio Operators over that way later today when conditions allow and ask them what the general feeling is over there about this!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Its possible that Lee is not one to decide what he can - or can not do now. If North Korea really sunk their ship - did they ask Souths permission to do that? If North will act again, South needs to defend them selfs... Thats not what they can decide, they just have to react.

Maybe there is no time for any international cooperation, but just to see SK fighting for their lifes, or surrender to NK Forces. If it turns out that NK was seeking this outcome, why would they give any time for international cooperation or SK to build up their fences.

NK have had one month to update all their readiness and plans for attacks, if SK has wated their time to prepare for this - I think NK will soon give a hard lesson very soon.

Like I said - China is the only force witch can prevent this war, but will USA accept this and their other demands?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Its time for the NORTH K. PEOPLE TO BE FREED from his monkeyzasshighness lil kim anyway for his soul is being REQUESTED AS OF NOW ANYWAY time to make the flesh payment KIMMY.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

17:17 Clinton urges North Korea to avoid provocative actions (Reuters)

That's gonna save the whole situation!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I just hope that we get some assistance from other countries if an altercation does occur, I mean were the good guys on this one right? Western culture will be affected by an all out war seeing that a lot of tech and research does come out of SK, unlike the North.

I will be pretty upset if only SK/U.S./Japan are the ones holding back the NK Army. I understand the complexity with Iraq/Afghanistan, but this is totally different.

Worse case scenario, China assists NK and they push down to SK coastlines. They may not stop if that were to happen which means Japan would be next then Alaska, etc...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If North Korea and South Korea wanna fight like kids and blow each other up, then let them.

But hey, they are the other side of the World and bugger all to do with the UK and USA!

So why are we all worried about "getting involved" in their silliness?

Get the few US troops outta South Korea and let them get on with it.

That way China can't get pi**ed at the US for helping out. There is also no reason for oil prices to climb either as it's not in the Middle East and we don't buy the stuff off them. In fact, what do we buy off South or North Korea? Maybe a few crappy plastic items for kids but that might be it?

Just leave em to get on with it whilst we sit and watch the fireworks! Oh, leave a few nukes behind in the South just in case the North get twitchy!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
If North Korea and South Korea wanna fight like kids and blow each other up, then let them.

But hey, they are the other side of the World and bugger all to do with the UK and USA!

So why are we all worried about "getting involved" in their silliness?

Get the few US troops outta South Korea and let them get on with it.

That way China can't get pi**ed at the US for helping out. There is also no reason for oil prices to climb either as it's not in the Middle East and we don't buy the stuff off them. In fact, what do we buy off South or North Korea? Maybe a few crappy plastic items for kids but that might be it?

Just leave em to get on with it whilst we sit and watch the fireworks! Oh, leave a few nukes behind in the South just in case the North get twitchy!

You see, because a lot of great things come out of SK such as telecommunications, medical research, high end technology etc. If SK were to be plundered or taken over by NK/China, western culture including Europe would lose a lot. Sitting back and letting SK fall to China/NK, would allow them to move on to Japan/U.S. if they wanted to.

You see, SK is not a cheap quality country like China, where cheap-lead filled kids toys come from. If all hell broke loose, and the U.S. started a draft to help the effort, I wouldn't complain about it if I got my notice.You know why? It's because I know the people there would want any assistance they could get to prevent a radical government taking over their freedom, lifestyle and quality of life just like us. Not only that, as I said before, Japan would be open for taking, along with the U.S. if they had the intent to do so.

If Russia were to invade EU, wouldn't they be asking for U.S. help? How would they feel if the U.S. said "Nah you guys deal with it, we helped you out before"?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just spoke to three friends I have in South Korea. I told them that there are some rumors in the west of war between NK and SK. They all told me that those are just rumors. The SK news doesn't report anything even hinting at it.
One of them said the SK government would like to avoid war with NK mainly for the nuclear threat.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Good to hear that, long live the internet - and borderless communication...

I really hope that only war we will have in there is just with words, but even if the bloody war doesnt start there - huge fights can still happen in negotiation tables. Hot war in politics doesnt always need army to fight its battles, you see.

Its really interesting to follow what role this going Korean crisis will take in world politics and in the great game.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Possible biological attack in South Korea happening now?

South Korea foot-and-mouth outbreak spreads to mainland

SEOUL: South Korea said Tuesday that an outbreak of foot-and-mouth had spread to its mainland from an island west of Seoul despite a mass cull aimed at containing the animal disease.

Cattle at a farm in Gimpo, 30 kilometres (19 miles) west of Seoul, have tested positive for the highly contagious disease in the first outbreak outside of the epicentre of Ganghwa Island, the agriculture ministry said.

Gimpo is a mainland region linked by a bridge to the island, where five infection cases have been reported since the deadly disease was first detected on April 9.

Authorities have culled some 30,000 animals at 227 farms on Ganghwa to limit the spread of foot-and-mouth, which affects animals such as cattle, pigs, deer, goats and sheep.

The virus can be spread between animals, through the air and on clothing. However, it is rarely transmitted to humans. South Korea ordered a halt to pork and beef exports in January when an outbreak of the disease was confirmed in Pocheon, northeast of Seoul.

Outbreaks in 2000 and 2002 cost South Korea an estimated 450 billion won (400 million dollars).

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I can't really say. Right now, I'm not sure who's actually pulling the string here. But personally, I don't think it's china.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'm not sure what his response would be. It might be, "dial 3 for Korean".

Seriously, I believe they should kick back and let things cool down.
If this war were to actually start, it would be disastrous for the entire
globe in one way or another. And if nukes start going off, the winds
will blow the fallout around the world. If you think ash from a volcano
is bad, wait till this happens.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

How can we know? In flash of cameras and Media - everybody are just shaking hands and giving those endless smiles, but behind the doors they all are ready to kill even their own peoples in masses to drive their agendas.

For seekers of truth only one question remains - who is making benefit?

I see that world is splitting to two now, and its doing it fast. USA will not last for long anymore and alliance to take its place in great game is growing day by day. I see how political poles are shifting.

But will USA/EU/Israel give their place away in peace? I think not, we have to see bottom before we can reach to skies again.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join