It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok creationists answer me this please

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Show the math that a frequency is a dimension.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by spy66

Show the math that a frequency is a dimension.

Frequency. Hertz = (cycles) x s ^-1

Basic dimensions:

- [time]^(-1)

Case closed actually.

Solving for frequency:

Frequency = velocity / wavelength

Velocity = frequency x wavelength

wavelength = velocity / frequency

The speed of the wave is the property of the medium. The wavelength of the wave is then determined by the frequency and speed: λ = v/f

If a frequency was not a dimension how would you observe and measure it ?

How would you know this equation: λ = v/f

A frequency are cycles measured in a medium. If you dont have a medium you don't have any frequencies.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
One word for ya.....

" Dinosaur "

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Good question OP! Let me give you a brand new theory. Not creationism, but manufacturism.

Ancient beings, known as the gods, but far from perfect and all powerful, used this place, earth as a laboratory. They made a being and then left for thousands of years, only to return every 36,000 years. Then they would bring or make a newer model creature. They are about to return again, in 2012 to update us once again! Eventually, they will unleash homo-perfectus. So I know you want to know, who made these gods. Well, it's obvious they evolved from us, they are perfectus creatures themselves, you see, time is not linear, when it ends, it really just goes back to the beginning and so on. Think of time as a big circle, that repeats itself once every revolution. See, like they say, history repeats itself.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I see so you give the basic definition for frequency. You show it to be a ratio. Then you ask:

If a frequency was not a dimension how would you observe and measure it?

It's not a dimension it is a ratio. It's events/unit time. You count events and divide by unit time. In the case of light you observe wave properties such as interference.

A frequency are cycles measured in a medium. If you dont have a medium you don't have any frequencies.

That is not true. Light does not travel on a medium. It was supposed that it did and the aether does not appear to exist.

I notice as well that you connect frequency to waves. Frequencies do not have to be associated with waves. Did you mean that?

Basic dimensions:

- [time]^(-1)

Case closed actually.

Quite wrong. Hertz is not a basic dimension. Time can be considered to be a dimension.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AABacon
reply to post by ashanu90

Good question OP! Let me give you a brand new theory. Not creationism, but manufacturism.

Ancient beings, known as the gods, but far from perfect and all powerful, used this place, earth as a laboratory. They made a being and then left for thousands of years, only to return every 36,000 years. Then they would bring or make a newer model creature. They are about to return again, in 2012 to update us once again! Eventually, they will unleash homo-perfectus. So I know you want to know, who made these gods. Well, it's obvious they evolved from us, they are perfectus creatures themselves, you see, time is not linear, when it ends, it really just goes back to the beginning and so on. Think of time as a big circle, that repeats itself once every revolution. See, like they say, history repeats itself.

now i find that idea interesting its alot better than the magical dooma and gloom a christianity.
and it does make sense, however imma stick with evolution star for you for thinking outside the box

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Here is how creationists could be right. That is that our mitochondria DNA is about 200,000 years old. So that is basically saying we were created out of the blue. We were evolved from homo erectus and basically changed from that over night. So evolutions are pretty much wrong here.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The evidence for a single source for mitochondrial DNA does not mean that there was a single woman at some point in the human race.

So that is basically saying we were created out of the blue.

This is a common misconception.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by dragnet53

The evidence for a single source for mitochondrial DNA does not mean that there was a single woman at some point in the human race.

So that is basically saying we were created out of the blue.

This is a common misconception.

okay we just got upgraded.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've always taken it to mean he created our souls in his image(existence). After all he is supposed to be formless, timeless and indestructible and of pure energy. If you believe that there are multiple dimensions then I don't see why it would be so absurd for an entity to create an existence in a lesser dimension. Just as we can illustrate a 3D, 2D and 1D image it would seem to me that he could do the same from his dimension. And it has long been believed that a being who lived in the 4th dimension would not experience the passing of time and would see everything in the 3rd dimension at any point along our timeline then why can't he know the beginning and end. There are plenty of people that believe aliens are inter-dimensional travelers, possibly even humans, but its absurd to believe there is a being in a higher dimension that could have the power to create a universe. Either science is right, in which case I think it will inevitably lead there being a 'god'(however you chose to believe in it), or science is wrong in which case you're back to "well, where did we come from if there wasn't a 'god' to create us?"

That's how I look at it. And I feel confident that there is a single unifying force that gives rise to all matter and energy in our existence and that is my god. It's what the LHC and other colliders and theoretical physicists are saying, that all matter and sub-matter and smaller is looking to be made of a similar ingredient and it's just a matter of how it is assembled that gives us what why perceive as matter. That its all just made up of energy, and that takes me right back to god being timeless, formless, indestructible and of pure energy.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join