It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPIRALS, everywhere in the ancient world why ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I was reading a book. No relationship. HAARP no relationship.

The spiral was due to the failure of the third stage of a Russian ICBM. A failure the next day caused a similar less spectacular spiral. The year before a launch in China formed a spiral int he sky.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Snowi

I was reading a book. No relationship. HAARP no relationship.
The spiral was due to the failure of the third stage of a Russian ICBM. A failure the next day caused a similar less spectacular spiral. The year before a launch in China formed a spiral int he sky.

I think you need to get your fact straight as i'm pretty confident in Richard Hoagland's conclusion on the spiral.

www.enterprisemission.com...

The spiral might have shoot down the rocket. So if that is the case...what did make the blue spiral...???

It's a good read...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The spirals represents Time Space. Everything is a cycle. Round and round. That's why the pyramids have the number pi(3.14 used for solving mathematical problem pertaining to circles) incorporated into its structure. Our galaxy, our rotation around the sun, the moon around the earth and so on...everything is in a cycle or spiral and we are all connected.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I see you rely on Hoaglund the hoaxer for a source. That's kind of humorous.
1. The Russian had a failed launch
2. The Russains had a failed launch the next day
3. The Chinese showed a failed launch

All 3 launches formed spirals in the sky. It was a failed launch.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Hoaxer...can you prove that statement or are you just talking #...???

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else find this 'equinox' dial... where the sun shines through in the vicinity of a pictogram... a little shady ?(pun intended)

When i first heard OF this structure/tool I was admittedly excited; however when I actually saw what it was... quite dissatisfied and unimpressed. Isn't anyone else feeling this way? There isn't even pictograms representing the seasons there... nothing...just spirals that the sun happens to hit through possibly natural rock splitting...

I'd love to be enlightened to anything i might've missed that may lift my skirt.

I'm becoming agitated with the descriptions given for ancient antiquity designs and their use and function...when they're entirely SPECULATION.

I keep going for the ever abundant worms around here...but just keep getting hooked in the face.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by MavRck]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by MavRck]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Forestsight

Why do you think that there was this culture? Because of a doodle or two?

well thats one aspect of just many many world wide coincidences, spirals in astronomical observatories, pyramids which they are now finding everywhere in the world even under the ocean and the common use of megalithic stones that we would struggle with today, my theory is ... how can this be a coincidence when we find multiple trends across the globe ... im not claiming to be an expert but there is only so much research u can do on these kind of subjects before it basically becomes obvious.

Anyone who has done a thread like this knows that when your researching you stumble into new things all the time ... trends, patterns and strange coincidences ... im not claiming to be right ... but it definitely seems that way. Just my personal theories.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I probably should have read all of the posts to see if a similar opinion has been mentioned. I know how annoying it is for people not to do that and I do apologize....

However,.. Maybe, just maybe the spirals represent time, space, energy and all come from Atlantis before its destruction. Those that survived could have used their symbols to recognize each other in new surroundings. I think they possibly went to different areas (makes sense to me)...and used their symbols. Traders, sailors, etc would recognize the symbols in other areas and communicate that to those who shared the symbols. They then learned of each other, communicated, on and on.

I believe that there are descendants of Atlanteans to this day...and these people have an innate knowledge that they do not understand because as a culture we have been taught to sway from natural, instinctual reasoning. Leaving us with residual genetic memory.

Just my opinions.

I also looked at all of them to see which attracted me the most (the only reason I clicked on this link was because I LOVE spirals).

Malta, Scotland, Ireland appealed to me the most. My ancestors lived in Scotland, Ireland, Norway, and Croatia.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

1. The Russian had a failed launch
2. The Russains had a failed launch the next day
3. The Chinese showed a failed launch

All 3 launches formed spirals in the sky. It was a failed launch.

The odds of multiple failed launches forming anything are astronomical. A rocket would have to achieve very specific movements and conditions to display anything even remotely similar towhat was seen in any of those events. It's just not possible.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

time could be compared to a (many many level) fractal entity based on a spiral (spirals of spirals - we could represent in 3d imagery as a spiral evolving on the surface of a tube, tube itself evolving in spiral, always repeating itself, maybe on an infinite structure (infinite level). In our time scale we just visualize linear time (a tiny bit on a tube) the way you see earth flat when you looking from the sea. (and that bit we see linear is actually also going spiral on a tiny tube that we don't perceive either cause it's too small - let say the time-frame of insects to illustrate)

how i got to "realising" that, i can't fully explain; it is spiritual knowledge.

fibonaci numbers could i believe. this sacred geometry should help us theorize some kind of universal law linking time,life, the physical world and the hidden dimensions

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i reckon they're depictions of spiral galaxies left by visiting aliens.

alien graffiti

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'm leaning towards the ancients had a better understanding of time and the spirals represented knowledge concerning singulaties, and our relationship with them, perhaps. but, this assumption could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
www.world.photos.passion.pro...

The spiral seems to link to a path or direction to water, but as shown above it could also be a snake coiled. Snakes may have represented rebirth, as they shed skins and live again. Another idea could be that the spiral is a warning sign of snakes in the area.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

You are referring to the same Hoaglund as moon landing w@acko aren't you?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Snowi

You are referring to the same Hoaglund as moon landing w@acko aren't you?

Yet again...no proof of hoaxing...you are talking bull#...again...and again...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Where are they finding pyramids under the ocean? Can you direct us to such a find?

I've been 2 many pyramid sites in Central America and to the ones in Egypt. The pyramids do not look the same. The construction is different. Even as a novice observer I could see that.We happen to use the same word.

AS we look around we might think that two similar things might be related, but it is often a coincidence. People are good at looking for patterns. We can see patterns where none exist.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blasphemy

A test of your statement would be the time that these spirals and other symbols were written. Many of the petroglyhs of the US Southwest appear to be about 1500 years old. Some of the very oldest may be around 5000 years old. There are very few old ones. The most recent about 650 years old.

Petroglyph National Monument

Most of the petroglyphs were created between A.D. 1300 and 1650

Would that fit in with your notion?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I'm not the one that used a disreputable source. Please use better sources.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

The odds look pretty good to create one of these spirals with a failed launch since it has happened so many times in the last year. Your argument of incredulity fails. Just because you do not understand why 3 tracked missiles formed these spirals means nothing.

What was the Norway spiral

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Where are they finding pyramids under the ocean? Can you direct us to such a find?

I've been 2 many pyramid sites in Central America and to the ones in Egypt. The pyramids do not look the same. The construction is different. Even as a novice observer I could see that.We happen to use the same word.

AS we look around we might think that two similar things might be related, but it is often a coincidence. People are good at looking for patterns. We can see patterns where none exist.

The pyramids don't have to look the same, the point is they are all pyramids, obviously culture and personal taste would have played a part in the building of them ... to say it didn't would be silly when obviously so much time and effort went into building them. How could cultures all around the world be building the same thing by accident, that doesn't seem plausible, not even a little bit plausible, there has to be an explanation.

They were found under the ocean between japan and Thailand, im pretty sure there is tonnes on the net if you look for it. They have also found pyramids in Bosnia twice the size of the Egyptian pyramids.

But thats an idea i have for another thread so i wont go to far into it.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by King Loki]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by King Loki]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join