It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Deny Ignorance, Well only when we feel like it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't mean to horde the thread, but i also wanted to add that i completely agree with the OP and his/her intentions here.

We are all (hopefully) seeking the same thing...the truth...

Release the ego from your posts... remember WHY you are posting... if it is NOT beneficial or constructive in ANY way... re-strategize

We shouldn't be here to 'prove eachother right or wrong' or toot our own informational horns... show off or put people down...

this means we shouldn't really be routing for stories to 'come true' or be proven false... no motives here, no more ego! no more bias... no more arguing over petty meaningless ideals for simple energy boost by lifting anothers'...

M

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Unless I missed something here,
where is the source that cites this assassination did not occur?

Funny thing is, most reporting IS opinion anymore, doesnt matter if it's blog, forum, msm, print, radio theyre all entertainment attached to agendas.
Real reporting passed away long ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
you forget that the MSM doesnt cover everything, if anything unless there is no way not to cover it. therefore you HAVE to look for alternative news sources wether they are blogs or whatever, that is what ATS is ALL about. its an alternative information site. where you WILL find information that you WONT find in the MSM. its the whole point of ATS. that is what denying ignorance is. accepting everything, denying nothing. and ***k the MSM...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

And does ATS cover everything? Nope...

I agree with you completely but ATS does not cover everything while it proudly boasts it's motto.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
1. Don't get me started on Sitchin!
2. The argument about left wing/right wing media is old and tired. The "right wing" owns AM radio. That's about it. The big networks that are spewing forth the daily lies are owned by CORPORATIONS. Not political parties.
3. The reason the author of the video doesn't come out is because he was planted there. He's "in" with the entire ordeal. He was meant to record it.

EDIT: Misspelled Sitchin.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Hivethink]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is a site dedicated to conspriacy and the line between conspiracy and paranoia is very thin. Thus it does not surprise me at all when logic gets thrown out the window and the world of belief comes into play. Additionally to many these conspiracies are like a game or puzzle and its not about if any given conspiracy is true or not, its about applying the logic of conspiracy to the scenario at hand.

Also it goes without saying that most of these forums would be ghost towns if critical thinking was applied 100% of the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
But this thread alone serves to remind ATS to deny ignorance. Vigilance for facts and evidence. Speaking out for it daily is a good thing. It that manner, ATS is above many other blogs and forums. So thanks for keeping the oath.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
double
second

[edit on 23-4-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm new to ATS and I'm not terribly informed as to the inner workings and politics of ATS and it's control over stories. But I have to admit that this story and the video shown is very compelling and it is hard to decipher what is true and what is not. There were countless posters alleging to speak Russian and/or Polish whose versions of the translation were completely opposing. There were also several posters asking for clarification and documentation that basically went unanswered, but was enough for me to reserve judgement. I still have many questions about what was happening in this film which, based on other footage I have seen in the MSM, seems it was actually what it was said to be, a film from a witness to the initial response.

The second thread announcing that the filmmaker was killed, while an initial shock, never seemed credible because of the lack of real information. But I still felt compelled to read the discussion and hopefully wait for confirming evidence in one way or the other. I agree with another poster on this thread that no proof has actually been given to show whether this man died or not, and until his identity and whereabouts are known and credibly documented, I don't think a definitive answer will have been given to clear this story up as to what really went down.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
So what is it ATS deny ignorance or only when we feel like it.

Any thoughts?

you can fool some of the people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. the wisdom of the crowd denies ignorance, any of us individually has almost no chance.

if we were all perfect all of the time then we wouldn't need to collaborate, would we?

[edit on 23/4/10 by pieman]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I completely agree with you! For a website that boasts "denying ignorance"...it seems that the opposite occurs. Nowadays I like to call this forum :
ATS= AboveTopSarcasm.com

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yes I too looked at that thread and couldn't believe the amount of flags it got when it was blatant that it was just a rumour. And there are other threads like this also with little to no sources to back up their claims. I suppose it's only a slight inconvenience of having to siv through the rubbish to find the excellent threads that are regularly posted on the best site on the internet

Still it doesn't excuse the fact that so many members on here just blindly follow any conspiracy they can without any kind of critical thinking which is just plain ignorant.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread is right on. It's not about the ignorance and more about the circles.
Dumb stuff turned dumber by constantly being deemed pertinant to the truth of world affairs. All this # is beyond any of your feeble minds to control. It has been coordinated to be indestructable. Your not going to do nothing but just run in circlesfrom one conspiracy to another and back around to the next. Ease focus on being happy in this world. Happiness and love is the only way we as humans can finally divulge the truths of life and our time as beings o this planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hivethink

hehe think so? Just AM radio huh? Who owns Clearchannel? What newspapers does the same guy own? What TV stations does he own? I'll let you do your own research but I bet most know who we are talking about. Yeah, really really left, he is.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

hehe think so? Just AM radio huh? Who owns Clearchannel? What newspapers does the same guy own? What TV stations does he own? I'll let you do your own research but I bet most know who we are talking about. Yeah, really really left, he is.

Well, we're beginning to go off topic but you're assuming I fall for the phony 2 party system in this country (USA). I do not thus, the argument is moot as it doesn't matter who "owns" a station or network as, really, they are all RAN by the same information gatekeepers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hivethink
Well, we're beginning to go off topic but you're assuming I fall for the phony 2 party system in this country (USA). I do not thus, the argument is moot as it doesn't matter who "owns" a station or network as, really, they are all RAN by the same information gatekeepers.

And they play the sides against eachother, to keep the public fighting amongst themselves and chasing shadows.

I'd just like to add that like other people have mentioned, i don't think the story about the assassination is the best example of what's wrong. Stories develop in time, and you can't blame someone for believing what hasn't been shown to be a lie yet. I'd suggest maybe instead the proven lies Glenn Beck and other MSM manipulators speak being passed around routinely here without much opposition, while actual 'paranormal' topics are often derided so hard it's difficult for me to tolerate.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Maybe so I won't deny that however there are 2 different factions within that one group and one of them is way more corporate and elite minded, nontheless the media overall (with the exception of hollywood maybe) is right slanted.

I don't mean to go off topic it's just that I get so tired of hearing how the media are Obama lovers. The media does what makes them money first and that's generally what their owners want. What was the Geiko voice-over guy fired for again? Oh yeah, slamming the tea party.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
HERE HERE !! Star and flag my friend!

I went onto that forum thread mentioned in this OP and blasted these people for their lack of intelligence. While true, it was a tactic I'm not fond of using, it just seemed to me that not only were people getting duped into believing the ignorance, the hate that started to spew about Russians was absolutely incredible.

People needed to get a rude awakening - where water and jumping up and down screaming didn't work, a good stiff slap in the face is what I then had to opt using.

ATS is a society of intelligence, where ignorance is discussed so that our members can ride above it. I for one cannot stand ignorance, it hurts...

So I fight against it, to accomplish reality in the name of truth. Now while my reality may be different than others, I respect that. However, when opinion takes the shape of fact - I swiftly slap it back into perspective lol...

Especially when said opinion is defamatory towards another race, creed, culture, or belief system.

Ignorance rules this world unfortunately, and if I had my way it would have no place to exist within the noble species known as Human Beings.

Ignorance kills, and ignorance makes existance unbearable. Ignorance is what gives reality it's bite, and those are the reasons why I fight against it.

Ignorance? Not on my watch buddy!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You just did the same thing. You did not do your homework. The right control the radio, granted. The left however controls TV and Print almost exclusively.

Being an Independent, Moderate, I don't have the encumbrance of bias. I can see the truth easier.

Another misstatement common is that opinion is news. Two separate issues that are wrongly lumped together. Opinion is just exercising free speech while news is the reporting of only facts.

The differences between news reporting on most all TV and Cable news is almost indiscernible. Opinion shows however define.

Critical thinking is in fact lacking often. Critical thinkers don't say all media is right wing if only the radio is controlled by the right. Radio by the way has the smallest audience. Critical thinking is being open to all opinion, considering and verifying facts and then deciding a point of view. The I don't watch Faux News Left or the I don't watch MSNBC Right are not critical thinkers. You limit your information sources on purpose to your own detriment. There is truth on all sides. There are lies and distortions on all sides. That is truth. The rest is just Partisan Propaganda.

A majority of Americans are now Independents or Critical Thinkers. The Right AND the Left are Ideologues and the antithesis of Critical Thinkers. They allow themselves to be controlled. How else do you explain the Democrats not quitting the Party when it changed from its roots or the Republicans not quitting their Party when it abandoned Conservatism?

OP,

Your point is well taken. Rumors are truth killers. Propagandists are Society killers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

My thoughts are that the only thing MORE annoying than people citing inaccurate and unreliable sources, is people creating a thread to complain about it.

How is it that so many threads complaining about other members get so much action? In the past 3 months I've seen probably about 1 "top 4" story each week be about people who don't "deny ignorance".

Okay man, WE GET IT. We get that not everyone uses the best sources, we get that sometimes people get confused or maybe, just maybe, there are even new members on here who post and are unaware of what is considered a "good / reliable source" by the majority of ats. But you know what you complaining about it did? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

If YOU feel a source is not reliable or innacurate you have TONS of options.

1. Report it to a mod and let them know
2. CALMLY explain to the poster that they are getting their information from a source which cannot be credited as being accurate. Sometimes people just simply don't know if the source is reliable or not and flaming and bashing them isn't exactly the best way to get people to continue to contribute
3. IGNORE THE THREAD

Or you can keep making these ridiculous posts about how "ats doesn't deny ignorance". It's like beating the piss out of a dead horse at this point....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join