It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British family sparks race case: 'We don't want to be served by a black p

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Too bad no one went all Tyler Durden on them.

I had to create this, so I hope someone watches.

edit to add, language at the end so warning.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Seriously, cry me a river. I'm no racist, but people just need thicker skin. If anything, the Ritz should be in trouble for doing what they did instead just saying that an employee is an employee despite racial background and that they're free to find another hotel.

Racism will NEVER go away, even if we're all one color. (You'll still be from the west side and I from the east, and we all know you west siders are punks!)

So instead of whining about it, how about we just ignore it, shrug it off and move along with our lives?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

It is stories like this that make me sad to be English, not that i hold any real patriotism in my soul but it's still a bad thing to have such people being held up as representative of this country.

I used to think racism was dying out but actually it seems to be coming back, how else can we explain the rise of parties like the BNP into mainstream consciousness, a party gaining support. Granted it's only minor support but it would not have happened even 5 years ago. They were in the sidelines, barely heard from, relying on the vote of the typical small minded racists.

I'm not sure how we can reverse the problem.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
People that live in the USA or most of Europe have been brainwashed into hating themselves, and feeling that they, alone, have perpetrated the only cross-racial horrors in the history of our world.
It is totally false.
Anybody that has either traveled to continents beside North America and Europe, can tell you that our racism and racial prejudice is NOTHING compared to the rest of our world.
As a matter of fact, racial hatred is pretty much encouraged everywhere but here.
This is why "whites" are the jokes of our species. We are the only idiots that teach self hatred over things that are practically considered positive elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I see an awful lot of hate in this post.
Simply proving that "super-liberals" are not helping the problem at all. You are just suffering from a different kind of hate and prejudice.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
All you read on these types of threads is theis disclaimer;

"I'm not a racist but.............."

Truth is we are all a little racist whether you wan't to admit that or not.... Like me with those damn French!!! However behind that is not only a mutual distatse of each others food (snails!!!), but also a mutual respect, because to be honest I am not going to get a better cream bun anywhere than a little pâtisserie in La Province (how pretentious sounding is THAT!!)... And the fact they do life sooo very good there... And its beautiful.... However I would not even dream about NOT being served by a French person so I too can be ostentatious practising my French in the ordering whilst impressing my girl with my grip of the language...

However... Someones melanin content should NEVER be cause for being a dick... Except if they spoke french.... Which a lot of black Africans do, along with many other languages... I do not know any African who does not speak at least 4 languages... Highly inteligent, and wise..... Especially with kids!.. They taught mine a thing or two!!... The best education system is not in Cambridge or Oxford, its in Nigeria... I would advise anyone who has problem kids to send them there because they come back something to be very proud of!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

i think your scum if you think using that sad ass, middle class insult is acceptable but a racial label is not. where did you get your moral compass? its ok to degrade the poor but not if thay are a different color, get real

Counsel Housed And Violent is what chav means(for anyone who did not know)

as for the family i think its there right to be an ass as much as it is yours,
its up to the guy paying the bill what he wants not some liberal who thinks its ok to tell everyone how thay are allowed to think

[edit on 23/4/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

well that is sad, very sad, EVERY nation has racism most more than the white ones do and we should feel bad because we are the same color as people who built the biggest and best empire? i don`t think so. no guilt here just pride my ancestors stopped piracy, slavery(for a time) and built the free world. no need to thank us just keep telling us how evil we are.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

"I'm not a racist but.............."

i am not a racist , i am a meritocracist
i openly discriminate agains anyone i think is an idiot

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

How am i elitist?

When you are in a car in full of Americans and every single one of them is blaming America's ills on the 'Niggers' and 'Spics' you tend to come to the conclusion that the U.S. may, just may still have a problem with racism.

I am also aware of Black and Hispanic racism toward the American 'White' population.

The point i am making is that racism is not only an American problem, as these British nobs have shown.

Man, where did you go in America? I live in Florida and I haven't ever heard something like hat that I can remember. Also, screw the family, the hotel, and they workers that put that request in the computer. I would have put that they only wanna be served by Blacks and Foreigners.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So?

Some one got their feelings hurt (boo hoo) .. if someone wants to be a racist bigot, it's their right to be a racist bigot. He wasn't prevented from working, or serving other tables, or quitting if he was that big of a baby about it. The Brits, as ignorant as they are, were quit in their right to want to be served by whoever they damn well please. If I want to be served by an Asian midget wearing a sombrero that's my choice.

If you're upset about it.. grow up .. and move on, and quit worrying about the antics of racist bigots. they only bring you down.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
racism
hidden but never forgotten

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think people have the right to be racist. And if they dont want to be served by a black waiter, hell give them a white waiter. Whats the issue here? Like someone stated already he wasnt fired he just... well changed tables.

If someone doesnt like something I dont have the right to force it upon them if they dont like it or dont want it.

Why is everyone shocked? Why are tolerants intolerant with the intolerants? Shouldnt you tolerate intolerance? Isnt that what your bs hypocrisy tells you to say, to do, and how to behave? We're all equals and crap like that? Tolerate everything... dont say this, dont say that, dont point the guy's color, dont laugh because hes a freakin midget, dont point cause its ugly, swallow 2 guys kissing in the public park in front of your 7 year old son, etc etc?

People CAN be racist. They can be homophobes, xenophobes, nazis, communists, taoists, marxists, atheists, christians, muslims, they can worship the holy white toilet seat or the holy cow, I dont care... its in their right to do so.

Theres a lot of things I dont tolerate... so what? You hate me because I'm different, I hate you because yer all the same. Soon with this "we're all equal" crap, the whole planet will be gray. Humanity's biggest asset its diversity.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wow, you leave to play a round of Golf and your thread really kicks off! Opps i revealed i play Golf, i must be an elitist.

Great debate being had. Seems to be split between people appalled at the request of the Morgan family and people who think its a big deal over nothing. Democracy at its best.

To be fair to the claimant and their lawyers, they are not seeking a ridiculous amount of money from the hotel.

The lawsuit seeks more than $75,000 (£49,000) in compensation for Tranchant, who was "humiliated, embarrassed, frightened, intimidated, subject to undeserved shame and suffered severe emotional distress". No date has been set for a hearing. The hotel has 20 days from when the lawsuit was filed on Tuesday to submit a formal response.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The Morgan family have also been banned from the Ritz-Carlton chain of hotels.

A British family has been banned from staying at a chain of luxury hotels after allegedly requesting not to be served by "people of colour" at a Florida resort.

Ibid.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I fail to see where the waiter was "humiliated, embarrassed, frightened, intimidated, subject to undeserved shame and suffered severe emotional distress"..

putting it that way seems like the family opened a can of public verbal woop ass on the black guy... where he was just instructed to "not serving at that table cause the family doesnt want to be served by a black guy" period. Some black people have to understand that although they are a loved minority they're not loved by every white guy or that every white guy is tolerant, same thing if I go to their country.

I've worked abroad... you deal with EVERY kind of person, either you adapt or you crawl back to the hole you came from. You're NOT going to be loved by EVERYONE. They'll hate you because yer a cocky brit or a up-tight frenchie or an ignorant american,... Or simply because you insist on praying to mecca in the middle of the freakin atlantic ocean... deal with it, adapt or get out.

Mr humiliated-embarrassed-frightened-intimidated-subject-to-undeserved-shame-and-suffered-severe-emotional-distress black waiter tranchant has to earn a bit more stomach... hell I had to adapt in 3 months, hes working for 15 years and he still hasnt learned?

I agree with the family because its in their right. They're paying for a luxury service they should get what they want as they damn well please.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by walsbg22

This was in New Hampshire. I am not saying all Americans are like that at all, it was just my experience. It was embarrassing.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Wow what a p*** .. seriously.. worth 75k? My God.. is this what we teach our children? Someone hurts your feelings, cry about it, call the media, then sue them.

I would actually be more appalled at the racist family if I didn't see the black guys actions more appalling. Kinda a whos worse. I hate people like that.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Pathetic.

The U.S. population is regularly accused of containing a fair few racists. Having visited several times, i think this is true to some extent.

But let us not forget you can find a racist anywhere. These British wankers also represent a growing minority in my country.

Hopefully as they were staying in the 5 Star Ritz they were just rich bastards and not a representation of the majority of the British people.

Apparently the staff or staff member logged the request on the computer system. Adding to this, 9 members of staff were aware of this request from the Morgan family.

www.mailonsunday.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

A few in this country? It seems to be getting worse by the day here. I thought racism was gone, but it was just swept under the rug. I swear if you look at the white collar jobs you get a lot of companies won't hire minorities.

I wish people would just be human and not worry about the color of skin. That is why people are a joke too me.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I think people have the right to be racist. And if they dont want to be served by a black waiter, hell give them a white waiter. Whats the issue here? Like someone stated already he wasnt fired he just... well changed tables.

If someone doesnt like something I dont have the right to force it upon them if they dont like it or dont want it.

Why is everyone shocked? Why are tolerants intolerant with the intolerants? Shouldnt you tolerate intolerance? Isnt that what your bs hypocrisy tells you to say, to do, and how to behave? We're all equals and crap like that? Tolerate everything... dont say this, dont say that, dont point the guy's color, dont laugh because hes a freakin midget, dont point cause its ugly, swallow 2 guys kissing in the public park in front of your 7 year old son, etc etc?

People CAN be racist. They can be homophobes, xenophobes, nazis, communists, taoists, marxists, atheists, christians, muslims, they can worship the holy white toilet seat or the holy cow, I dont care... its in their right to do so.

Theres a lot of things I dont tolerate... so what? You hate me because I'm different, I hate you because yer all the same. Soon with this "we're all equal" crap, the whole planet will be gray. Humanity's biggest asset its diversity.

But you live in America and we are Americans who need to stay together if we don't this nation will fall apart. But I love the new terminology of Racism is now called favoritism. It is really bad.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

well that is sad, very sad, EVERY nation has racism most more than the white ones do and we should feel bad because we are the same color as people who built the biggest and best empire? i don`t think so. no guilt here just pride my ancestors stopped piracy, slavery(for a time) and built the free world. no need to thank us just keep telling us how evil we are.

man you sure doing a real good job with piracy.

I sure as hell don't call this a free world any more. Our rights are dwindling by the year.

I think some whites are just still angry they were not the first race created. They are just an albino version of the first human created and they were reddish-brown. jUst read the sumerian tablets. Noah (ziusudra) was the first white male born.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join