It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British family sparks race case: 'We don't want to be served by a black p

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Well they should have ben sent away. If they are racis scum then don't allow them to be a customer. Money over ethics is not the way forward.

In the UK, we call people like that CHAVS, Or simply Scum.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Well they should have ben sent away. If they are racis scum then don't allow them to be a customer. Money over ethics is not the way forward.

In the UK, we call people like that CHAVS, Or simply Scum.

No, I don't know any chavs that could afford to fly to America and stay in the Ritz. They spend all their money on tracky B's and fake bling. Not to mention the money they have to spend modifying their Vauxhall Novas. There's only so far their hard earned dole money can go.

And lest we not forget that the government have raised the tax on White Lightening now!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Does anyone know what colour these racist guests were or is everyone just presuming that because they were racist that they are automatically white?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I think the assumptions are based on what was said about thier preferences regards to waiters, and as such seem to be accurate .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I do still think those requests could still be made by someone who is not white though, Truebrit.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ask yourself this..
Why arent white people allowed in black areas in there own country?
Why is there a black police association?
Why can black people get away with being racist?

If it was a black person refusing to be served by a white waiter nobody would care.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The hotel should have asked these people to leave, they have a duty to their staff more than the $ of the customer, by not asking them to leave makes them as bad as the family, I have no tolerance for people who cant see past the colour of a persons skin.

Racism here in Liverpool is a growing thing more and more amongst the young, I do find it hypocritical and annoying when they start sprouting their racist crap because of the colour of their skin, then end the conversation with something like, now I am off to try and get myself a better tan.

My Brother is Black and I have heard some of the crap thrown at him, however he also served in the First Battalion Parachute Regiment, and has become very if not painful experience for those who continued with their racist BS.

There is a difference between the dislike of a person because of their Country of origin, and the colour of their skin, my Brother being born and bred right here, fought for his Country, yet the BNP seem to have no problem wanting him and others like him to be deported? to where exactly? we grew up with that nonsense coming at him from adults as much as kids, so it's more like water off a ducks back now a days, but it does prove one thing, the ignorance surrounding the intelligence of these people goes way beyond so called respectability.

It would be interesting to see how these people are met in their lives now this story is common knowledge, thankfully these arseholes are still very much in the minority, I hope they enjoyed their phlegm with their food, one thing I learnt over the years, never piss off the people who serve your food, I wonder just how many Phlegm dressings they have shared over the years?

Money cant buy you everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

The answer to those first three questions is this:
Because it has become nessacary for people to protect themselves from fascist agendas, carried OVERWHELMINGLY by WHITE people. Because for generations white people have ostracised, abused, enslaved, and maimed other cultures out of greed and a misplaced sense of superiority . Because (perfectly under-bloody-standably) quite frankly you can never tell when someone is a rascist until they are pulling out a gun and smiling sweetly while shooting a street full of people.
It is our western society that created the historical precedents for the current situation, our western society which creates ghettos, funneling certain demographics into certain geographies, not what you seem to suggest, some hidden agenda by the ethnic minorities, meant to intimidate you ... weak , really weak.
And NO its not fine or ok for a black person to insist that they are not served by a white person. Its just as bloody evil . The reason little gets done about it is (absolutely justified) racial guilt on the part of the white person concerned. Oh sure, they might never have been a part of white supremacy in the dark old days, but I can assure you only a really dead hearted bastard wouldnt feel some regret for the wrongs his countrymen have done in the past. I know I do .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

Racism here in Liverpool is a growing thing more and more amongst the young, I do find it hypocritical and annoying when they start sprouting their racist crap because of the colour of their skin, then end the conversation with something like, now I am off to try and get myself a better tan.

Don't just single out white people for it, Azzlin. I studied at a small place up the road from Upper Parliament St (yep, I'm from Liverpool too), I was one of only 3 white guys there out of a class of about 17 and let me tell you I experienced racism and saw it happen to the other two white lads much more than I had ever seen at any of my previous schools where black kids were a minority. I heard things like ''stupid white bastard'' e.c.t with my own ears. Also, I had to walk down Granby St a few times and got accosted by black fellas asking what a white boy was doing there more than once.

I was also at the Toxteth riots, watching, I think that was the only time black and white people were united in Liverpool, it was the people vs police. I'm well aware of what sparked that riot too, it was because of how the police at the time treated black people, they treated them like scum in the early 80's.

To summarise, the racism happens from all colours, not just from the colour white.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What an awesome request!

For the record, before I relate my similar story: I am not racist, I have my ghetto pass and everything, I was also accompanied by a black friend of mine when I made this request at a WalMart store in Tallahassee. The manager on duty (who was black) looked very flabbergasted and distraught, but he did comply with my request!

The service at our local WalMart is horrible. The staff is 99% black. The community is about 45% black. EOE is working in overdrive or not working at all. Many of the cashiers barely grunt to you if you speak to them, they work slow, the lines back up for miles, etc., etc.

Also, when I first moved to town, I applied for a job there as a stocker, and I did not get an interview despite a stellar resume. My buddy and roommate who was fired from every job he ever had was interviewed on the spot and hired a week later. So, there is a significant racial problem in that particular store, and the problem is reverse-racism.

So, on one particular night, I was mad about the service I got back in sporting goods, I was in line at the front of the store with about 30 other people (all white) and there were several similar lines backing up. I got near the front of the line and I witnessed a very ghetto cashier being rude to the lady 2 up from me. I got out of line, walked to the "CSR" or manager on duty, and I asked for a white cashier. His look was priceless! He asked if I was serious, and I calmly said yes. I indicated that I didn't mind waiting, because I highly doubted that he could find one in the store, and I indicated that if he could not find one, that I was going to sue the store for its hiring practices! About 5 minutes later, he got a white lady from over in the jewelry section to ring me up. My buddy (the one who got a job there and subsequently quit a few months later) was cracking up! It is a story that we still tell our friends, and I still take every opportunity to be an a** when I go to that store. I know, I am the one being an a**, and I take full responsibility for my actions. I also take immense entertainment from them, but my wife won't go to WalMart with me anymore.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Big F'n deal. It's their prerogative. Their choice. Their money.
If they're paying for a service, and it's within their rights and abilities to ask for a white waiter, then so be it.
That's whats wrong with America today. Everyone gets so butt hurt over nothing. It wouldn't bother me or my friends and family one bit if it had been a black family requesting a black waiter.
Like i said, big F'n deal.

People are such pu$$ies these days.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Why arent white people allowed in black areas in there own country?

They are... but the people who think they are not are simply cowards with racist attitudes... I have lived in Hackney, East Ham and Catford... No problem!!!

Why is there a black police association?

Because for years there was endemic discrimination within the police force and a distinct lack of officers from ethnic backgrounds... Right or wrong, it was an attempt to address these problems.

Why can black people get away with being racist?

Bit of a strange question that... There have been instances where Black people have gotten away with being racist... But there have also been instances where white people get away with it.

I have got a criminal record for punching a man who called my wife a 'n-word'!!

He got nothing!!

Do not use one injustice to justify another!

If it was a black person refusing to be served by a white waiter nobody would care.

Yes they would... And to make a comment like that shows that you obviously do not know many Black people.

Half my family is black (on my wife’s side)... my kids are mixed race... My cousin is married to a black man... My best friend (who is Black) asked me to be Godparent to his Children... so as you can see i have some direct experience in this issue... If any of these people heard about a black person refusing to be served by white person they would go nuts!!!

I will agree that there is an unfortunate trend towards thinking that only white people can be racist... A ridiculous concept that goes against the very definition of the word... ANYONE can be a racist!

But do not use injustices against white people to justify injustices against black people... it makes no sense... we should ALL be fighting against injustice no matter what shape of form it appears in!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oh, and if this had been in Liberia, or Zimbabwe, or Kenya, and the tables were turned, do you think it would have been blown into a big story like it has here?
I think not.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

If they're paying for a service, and it's within their rights and abilities to ask for a white waiter, then so be it.
That's whats wrong with America today. Everyone gets so butt hurt over nothing. It wouldn't bother me or my friends and family one bit if it had been a black family requesting a black waiter.

How can you not understand this!! Maybe we should extend it one step further and simply not employ black people... maybe let them have their own restaurant where they could serve their own people?? Dam, why not just segregate the whole population...

Judging by your comments i guess this would make you happy?

How sad you cannot just see yourself as a member of the human race rather than making excuses, ladened with silly tough guy rhetoric, for bigoted racist behaviour!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I have got a criminal record for punching a man who called my wife a 'n-word'!!

Good for you! I have done, and would still do the same thing, however, you deserve the criminal record and so do I. They used a word, we used our fist. I think it was an appropriate and well-deserved response, but you will never convince me that words hurt as much as fists, and you will never convince me that we should outlaw words.

If someone insulted my wife in any number of ways, regardless of the racial aspect of the PC words, I would still respond the same way. This is a basic respect thing, not a racial thing. The n-word empowers the person using it, if you respond to it in such a way. Therefore, the offended party is the problem, not the one using the word.

I know a "Christian" that can cuss you up one side and down the other and make you feel like dirt and make women and children blush without ever using a politically incorrect or curse word. It is very amusing, but also very rude and impolite, and if I were ever the subject of such a tirade, I would probably shut his mouth for him. Still, it is pretty funny to watch.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I worked for the Ritz and what has been said about them is true and common. We had Jewish weddings that the guest did not want any Muslims cooking or serving, we had guests checking in that would insist on only speaking to other Jewish employees really this policy or abiding by it is a huge conspiracy in itself.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

How can you not understand this!! Maybe we should extend it one step further and simply not employ black people... maybe let them have their own restaurant where they could serve their own people?? Dam, why not just segregate the whole population...

Judging by your comments i guess this would make you happy?

How sad you cannot just see yourself as a member of the human race rather than making excuses, ladened with silly tough guy rhetoric, for bigoted racist behaviour!

What i understand is that they wanted a white waiter....BIG DEAL.

If this had taken place at Chester's Chicken Shack down on East 12th Street, and it was a black family asking for a black waiter, it wouldn't have amounted to anything.....and i wouldn't have cared.

As a matter of fact, MOST ethnic groups feel more comfortable around their own kind, so feeling more comfortable with a waiter of their own race makes sense.

And how do we know that the family didn't have horrible experiences with black waiters in the past? And spending the kind of money they were, they wanted to make sure it didn't happen again?

Do doves hang with crows? Man, people need to face the facts. We are all the human race, but are DIFFERENT. There is nothing wrong with enjoying or wanting to be around your own race over another! It's not a big deal dude. Quit being such a baby and deal with the facts. Some (most) of people prefer their own race!
And there's nothing evil, wrong or bad about it! PC FTL!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh, and lest you find some sort of subtle symbolism in my doves and crows analogy...
crows are bada$$...i much prefer them over doves as far as piquing my interest.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It IS evil, and it IS a big f'in deal. No one with the screen name you have, has any business talking this way , its not a very christian thing to do .
Its absolutely abhorant that there are still people who think its perfectly normal to want to only spend time with, interact with , or be served by members of thier own race. We are human first, and everything else is irrelavent . Its not a choice as to wether you understand this or not. You do not have a choice. Either you , and people like you accept that YOU are blasted well wrong, or watch as the entire planet burns and comes ever closer to hell under the weight of your ignorance.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
Oh, and lest you find some sort of subtle symbolism in my doves and crows analogy...
crows are bada$$...i much prefer them over doves as far as piquing my interest.

Good Point. And to the other people stating white people are not welcome in black neighborhoods, you are probably correct....for you. I spent a lot of my young years in black neighborhoods, and once in a while I ran into problems, but they worked themselves out one way or another.

I also spent a lot of time aroung white folks in trailer parks, and I ran into a lot of problems. I also had a very nice car, and I was a skinny young preppy kid, so just driving around my town, I ran into problems.

This is not a racial thing like the MSM would love for you to believe. This is a territorial thing, and a class thing, and an income thing, and a crime thing. Criminals are everywhere, they are not just in ghettos or trailer parks. Bullies are everywhere, and anybody is a potential victim.

I have been the only white guy at a black club before, and I have gotten in a fight. Guess what......a thousand people did not jump on the white guy, instead the fight was broken up and we went back to drinking.

I have noticed one particular racial distinction. I went to a club on Friday night, "Stetson's" night (a country night), and the club had about 5 bouncers on duty and a normal cover charge. I went back to the exact same club, the following night for "The Moon" night (a black night), and there were about 40 bouncers, a metal detector set up, and the cover charge was tripled? I went back to my truck, put my gun and knife away, and went in and still had a good time, but WOW!?!? What a paranoid precaution? Is that really necessary? And, if it is necessary, then are the stereotypes really that far off?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join