It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis and shadow things

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
very good. i will do my best at keeping track. actually had a short bout last night. very quick and thru it as quick as it started, only the fear factor, nothing else to report. will keep track of date/time/place/experiences. maybe we all can learn a little here. good luck everyone.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i have SP since 1995 and never seen any shadow people but seen clearly people that shouldn't be in my room. My first one, i was actually taken away from my body by a friendly being to the sky and i was scared so he put me back down to my bed. Although they aren't fearfull or terrifying, i was basicly scared of the paralysis. Many times after the first one, i noticed that it started off with a heavy vibrations on my spine through my body and a high pitched ringing sound. Many of these beings are trying to communicate something to me that i don't understand what theyre saying. But they are friendly..., One time there was this nice lady wearing a red sari and she was chanting me a mantra and petting my leg...and she soon disappeard. but my concern is am i so scared??? most the time i would denied the experience and just want to wake up.
pardon my english....hehe

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by megamage

well part of your encounter sounds kind of angelic maybe and the last part with the chanting sounds maybe wiccan or some other kind of occult thing but i dont know
i dont believe in either so i would have tos say it was a figment of a dream
the fear is probably just a naturaul part of sleep paralysis i know when i have it i get really really scared but i dont always see things
but alot of times i do, lateley its just been fear though

now maybe i sound crazy but part of me wants to see these shadow things
and i believe that sp is really just a waking dream becuse remember that expierience i told you about in the OP about the men on horseback? i was on an age of empires (popular computer game) kick at the time that it happened

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by liquid twilight

allright sounds good let the learning begin

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apostledbm

MARE is a devil that sends nightMARES. They can and do cause paralysis.

im afraid you are incredibly misinformed
MARE is a female horse
the guy who coined the word nightmare
did so because he had a scary dream about a horse
yet again no devils here

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
just a quick bit of info regarding my sunday night episode. my wife was awake at the time of my sp and said it began with my body vibrating or shaking for approx. 5 secs. just thought that was interesting since the above poster talked about heavy vibrations thru the spine. more to come...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have brief memories as pretty much the same thing as a child. I would walke up in the night, See like the figures of people in my room and sometimes voices. I cant remember if i could move or anything but i remember It used to upset me a lot as a kid. I remember screaming for my rents to come and get me XD

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquid twilight
just a quick bit of info regarding my sunday night episode. my wife was awake at the time of my sp and said it began with my body vibrating or shaking for approx. 5 secs. just thought that was interesting since the above poster talked about heavy vibrations thru the spine. more to come...
so your SP only lasted 5 seconds? wow mine was never that quick
indeed interesting when other people are talking about that too

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
One time having just got into bed i could hear a thumping noise coming from deep inside the pillow. At first i never took any notice, but after a while it became a bit annoying. So i turned over (thinking it was something to do with my ear) but even when i turned over i could still hear it. Then bosh! there was the buzz in my head and the bright light we all seem to get! Another time i had just retired to bed: closed my eyes ( still very much awake) then all of a sudden i could hear an airraid siren. It was so loud i thought it would wake up my neighbour. Next thing i know i am in the paralysis. Sometimes there appears to be nothing there, other times i seem to go on some fantastic journey, or see things that can't possibly be real. However after one incident, involving my cat, he decided to leave me and my neighbour kept finding him hiding in obscure places around his home. When my cat did finally return he would sit in the places that i had seen him when in the sp. It did spook me for a while, i must say.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

wow that is an incredible story
i donr get the light though when i get sp i wake up from a nightmare and find i cant move, and i havent once felt any vibrations like people talk about, i guess its different for everyon

perhaps the vibrations are a warning sign sent to the brain so people know sp is upon them, just like people who have seizures can sometime tell when their about to succomb.....maybe sp is a wierd type of siezure?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't get any vibrations that i'm aware of.Usually i hear a loud click or it may feel like a sharp pencil has touched the back of my head or a slight sinking feeling. It varies. All true, i would swear on oath.x

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
I don't get any vibrations that i'm aware of.Usually i hear a loud click or it may feel like a sharp pencil has touched the back of my head or a slight sinking feeling. It varies. All true, i would swear on oath.x

sounds nuerological to me
thats what i think sleep paralysis is

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I used to suffer from sleep paralysis almost every night from a very early age up until about a year ago. That was when somebody told me they had suffered from this but had learned how to stop it.

How you ask?

CHEESE!!!

That's right. I know it sounds crazy, but this person told me that he stopped eating cheese and it just went away. I laughed but was willing to try anything. It's now been about a year since I ate cheese, and a year since my last SP experience.

Thank god too cos they were the most horrible experiences I've ever had.

I should add though, when I experienced this, it was usually because I had woken myself up from a dream. It's weird but somehow I knew when I was dreaming and I could just say to myself in my dream "wake up" and I would. Unfortunately I would wake in a paralysed state and take half the dream with me. So if I was dreaming about sitting with my friends in a field, I would wake up and see them in my room, with the field and the sky almost projected on to my walls. When the paralysis went, so did my friends.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is a defense mechanism that prevents you from kicking the person in bed with you when you are running or dreaming of playing soccer. You could seriously hurt yourself otherwise. But that mechanism isn't foolproof. Just like how it sometimes turns off during sleepwalking, sometimes it stays on for a bit after you wake up.

Now not being able to move is scary, and strong emotions have a powerful influence over dreams. When experiencing sleep paralysis, the mind is desperate to rationalize it and find a reason Unfortunately that panic and fear create negative scenarios to answer that burning question of why this is happening. I call this "Desperate Rationalization". First time it happened to me, I blamed aliens. A common desperate rationalization among women that I've read about quite frequently is that someone has drugged them and is coming to rape them.

That said, I do have suspicions that sleep paralysis accompanied by difficulty breathing may be more than just ordinary sleep paralysis. If there are attacks that take place, then those times when you have difficulty breathing are the most likely scenarios where something out of the ordinary might be occurring. Of course that doesn't apply to people who regularly experience sleep apnea.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amyaaallan

Amy you made a very good reply with your post. Everything i was going to point out about this very common disorder. Look it up on the internet OP. It is a very common disorder.
Mine started when i was 9 and it sorta freaked me out but the funny thing is it actually intrigued me more than anything. When iw as a child we lived in a house with no AC so we left the windows cracked at night to let air in and keep us cool. I remember how much i enjoyed waking up to a cool spring morning with the air blowing in on me and hearing the birds outside singing outside. Was one of my favorite memories of childhood. One morning just like this was when i had my first sleep paralysis event. I was awake. My mind was awake that is. I could hear the birds, feel the wind blowing in on my face, I could smell my mom cooking eggs in the kitchen. however i could not move or open my eyes. All my senses seemed heightened also, thats another thing i remember. I was a bit panicky at first then i just thought it was kinda neat. I decided that the only way this was going to go away was to just relax and go back to sleep. So i did. I awoke sometime later and iw as fine. I told my mom about it and she said i was crazy cause that cant happen.
When i hit my teen years it happened a few more times but only once with it being a nightmare. Everytime it happened to me it felt kinda good. Only the one time and i saw snakes everywhere. Why snakes? I guess because i had a huge fear of them ever since i was a child. I really think this also explains most if not all alien abduction stories and stories of incubus and succubus and demons people have reported over the centuries.
One thing for a fact is that this is not a new phenomena with man. The only thing relatively new is our understanding of brain chemistry and the way the brain functions including during sleep. SO its easy to see how cultures have created myths surrounding this very common yet strange phenomena of the mind.
I wouldnt worry to much about the episodes you have since you said they are rare in occurance however i would pay attention to the other symptoms if your having them such as extreme tiredness during the day as well as having trouble sleeping at night and extreme stress in your life etc etc. You can look all this up and educate yourself some on sleep disorders. There is no treatment for narcolepsy or sleep paralysis except lifestyle changes like less caffeine, exercise regularly, lower your stress levels etc etc.
Oh and btw, i get this from time to time now for some reason but when i am falling asleep. I will all of a sudden wake up and go "hey cool i am asleep". Its like i know i am alseep or my body is but my brain decided to pop up for a quick look around lol. I usually fall back off in a few minutes time. Its just such a weird feeling. I am just really thankful i dont have the negative symptoms like nightmares or hallucinations from this like others do.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

yes, the 5 sec. episode was fast. Usually, the sp episodes last around 30-45secs. as i said earlier, when they are peaceful i try to maintain it, otherwise i'm in for a fight. i've had occasions where i have mutiple episodes a night, what a wild time that is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
oh...and yes i do believe that the vibrations are a heads-up of an impending sp episode, i can say that 90% of the time i get the vibrations thru my body and then it hits.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hello all I am new here. So HI! I just wanted to say: after reading everyones post's. My shadow moves on its own. Sometimes after I make noticeable movements that my shadow will correspond with, it does it again! Same motions, but without me moving. I only notice this after I've woken up from a Sleep Paralyses episode. Doctors I've talked to said I may be sleep walking.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
had a nice, calm episode of sp last night. felt as if i was outta body this time and i rolled with it. lasted for about half a minute or so and had no vibrations at the onset, no fear, no noise or shadows....just peace.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lucidology 101: How To Trick Your Body Into Falling Asleep To Astral Project, Lucid Dream And Have Out Of Body Experiences

Waking Sleep Paralysis: The Holy Grail For New Lucid Dreamers & OBEers

The Stop Drop & Roll Sleep Command To Fall Asleep Fast

5 New Sleep Commands To Trick Your Body Into Falling Asleep
www.lucidology.com...

Fast Relaxation For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

How To Optimize Brain Chemistry For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

The Fastest Way To Have Lucid Dreams & OBEs Tonight - Timer Method

The 4 Easiest Movement-Free Reality Checks For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

Exit Blindness - 3 Fast Solutions

OBE Vibrations & 3 Ways To Tell How Close You Are To An OBE

Fast Exit Methods For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

top topics