It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis and shadow things

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have lurked ATS for about a year and this post made me sign up. I have been getting sleep paralysis for about 10 years. The first time it happened i was 15 years old and was watching TV on my couch after school. I fell asleep with my face facing up and began to dream. Next thing I know my eyes are open and i am looking at the ceiling. I try to move but nothing happens. This is where I begin to panic and start trying to kick and yell for help. I went as far as trying to pinch myself and bite my lip to wake up. I felt the pressure but no pain. After what felt like 15 minutes trying to wake up I gave up. I began to relax and closed my eyes again. I woke up a second time and jumped off the couch covered in sweat and in shock of what happened.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nachoo
I have lurked ATS for about a year and this post made me sign up. I have been getting sleep paralysis for about 10 years. The first time it happened i was 15 years old and was watching TV on my couch after school. I fell asleep with my face facing up and began to dream. Next thing I know my eyes are open and i am looking at the ceiling. I try to move but nothing happens. This is where I begin to panic and start trying to kick and yell for help. I went as far as trying to pinch myself and bite my lip to wake up. I felt the pressure but no pain. After what felt like 15 minutes trying to wake up I gave up. I began to relax and closed my eyes again. I woke up a second time and jumped off the couch covered in sweat and in shock of what happened.

well i have to say i have had some expieriences like that myself, but usualy i see shadowy things, i dissmiss it all as figments, of amy mind/dream

also welcome to ats, im happy to hear my thread got you started
on your own conspiracy adventures, it is very exciting to wake up every morning and check your threads, you will never know what you will find maybe make a friend! also there are these things called ats and bts points, the bts are negative, you get ats points from making posts i think, however you can visit the store and use your points to upgrade your avatar, i didnt understand it at first but its pretty simple once you get the hang of it

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I've had a few experiences like this. First as a kid, about 9 years old, I woke up for no reason in the middle of the night. About 2 feet from my face was a man's face, all gray, with the most evil smile I ever saw. It was as clear as real life. I was so terrified I couldn't move or scream. I told myself that it wasn't really there and closed my eyes thinking that it would be gone when I opened them about 10 seconds later. It wasn't. He was still staring at me with that evil smile. It started to sort of float back away from me, and the only way I can explain it is that it went beyond the bedroom wall, but not through it, until it was out of sight.

The second time it happened, I was helping my friend's older brother move a pile of wood from under their porch. I guess I was just about 10 or 11 at that time. We were seeing spiders all day, which you would expect in that situation. That night I woke up and saw, as clear as day, hundreds of spiders crawling all over my bed. There were all different kinds crawling all over me. I kept telling myself that I was seeing things, and it's not real, but it was so clear that I had a hard time believing it. Luckily, I'm not one of those people creeped out by spiders, and was able to eventually close my eyes and go back to sleep.

The next few experiences were as an adult, and involved the paralysis that you mentioned. I never saw "shadow creatures", but I would wake up completely paralyzed. I could only move my eyes, but I was laying on my side and could only see the wall. Once I tried to move just the tip of a finger, and couldn't. I felt a very strong presence and the terror described by other people who have had the same experience. I never felt terror like that before. Once, I heard the floor creaking as though someone was walking barefoot near the end of my bed. Each time I convinced myself that it was just a normal effect of sleep, and was able to eventually fall asleep again. I believe as someone else said, it's just a function of a partially-asleep brain.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by ashanu90

I have had very similar experiences myself, they can be very terrifying and enlightening at the same time. In my case the experiences certainly seemed ominous and of I'll intent. On the last two occasions that it happened I went out of body spontaneously, the second of these occasions there was a concerted effort to prevent me from doing so and/or to prevent me from knowing what was happening. I very clearly remember my last two experiences.

During the final occurance I demanded that the entity show itself and declare its intentions. It went away ind it's not happened since

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by Tamale_214

In a. Interesting coincidence, on my clock it was not 12:11 but 11:11 when I posted...coincidence or synchronicity.

Op, please u2u me if you would like to discuss in greater detail your experiences. I would be grateful for the opportunity.

Kind regards
tamale

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi. It must be terrible for you. I used to get the same 'attacks' when I was younger.(oops that gives me away as old fart) It started when I was about 13 with the episodes becoming a frequent experience till I was 17.

It usually happened just as I was about to fall alseep, irrespective whether it was day or night. It would happen during the niether here nor there slumber state. I would be aware of this thumping sound in my head with a strange sensation begining from my feet. Then a wave of fear and terror would envelop my entire being and I would begin to pray and struggle to wake up. All the while...I would be paralysed and have on three occasions had 'out of body' experiences, twice with a 'shadowy obolong head figure' near my bed and once...a 'dream within a dream'.

It used to get so bad (hilarious now on hindsight) that even my Dad would know that I had one of my 'dreams' when I would wake up in the wee hours of morning and seek shelther with my parents in their room....at 16.
The 'dreams' lessen after I left highschool and sort of stopped when I was in university. I've had it only once or twice as an adult.

As for me, it was later in life that I realized the 'attacks' occured when I reached puberty and gradually stopped when I became sexually active. I also realized that being extremely physically fatigue and mentally exhausted triggered the episodes.

Check out..wikipedia's defination of 'night terror'. It may help explain a thing or two.

Cheers and peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
These things that happen to you are the result of devils - shadow figures that have much power against us and against which we war, if we are in Christ. If not in Christ Jesus of Nazareth by faith in His blood, we have limited ability to 'fight' these creatures of darkness.

MARE is a devil that sends nightMARES. They can and do cause paralysis.

You want deliverance and protection from these creatures of Hell? Call upon the name of the Lord Jesus and thou shalt be saved. May this increase your faith and lead you to the Rock that is higher than us. Amen.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ashanu90
Thank you for replying to my post.
There have been many incidents, just as graphic and yet i am constantly told that it is all in the mind or that i need to get help with my sleep hygeine. I can't even get a psychiatrist or someone to talk to about it.
Similarly it was only a couple of years ago i found out that i was not alone and that others get the same or similar. All of a sudden there are all there experts on sleep conditions, who think that they know it all!
When i have time to myself to sit and reflect on it all, i can honestly say from the bottom of my heart that i really don't know what it is, but to me it is 100% real and certainly not a figment of my imagination. I know when i'm awake or not, that's for sure! The reason for any lack of sleep is because of this, though i have to say. In recent months though it has not been as bad.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

hello.
i have had many exsperiances with SP. i have learened that the entities in that dimension feed off of negative energy and fear. if you deny them your fear they will leave for better oppertunities elsewhere. you must remember you are actually more powerful then them.

one of my first threads was on SP. perhaps you may find it intresting:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

best of luck and remeber no fear.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminus

There, you have part of the answer. When we are in "sleep paralysis" state, it is a form of OBE. It just happens to be that, for some reason, we can't leave the body. And when we see, it's through our shut eyelids.
Aresh

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay. Lay off the counterstrike and put down the Stephan King, turn off Slayer and dont watch the military channel for a week. Read some good philosophy, stay sober, and eat organic food. Start a workout regimen and drink more water. Study naturopathic medicine. And stop buying those pink doughnuts with the sprinkles cus thats just wrong!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by apostledbm
These things that happen to you are the result of devils - shadow figures that have much power against us and against which we war, if we are in Christ. If not in Christ Jesus of Nazareth by faith in His blood, we have limited ability to 'fight' these creatures of darkness.

MARE is a devil that sends nightMARES. They can and do cause paralysis.

You want deliverance and protection from these creatures of Hell? Call upon the name of the Lord Jesus and thou shalt be saved. May this increase your faith and lead you to the Rock that is higher than us. Amen.

i gotta tell you my sleep paralysis never happens that much, or for that long, thouh frightening i understand it is part of a waking dream, no devils here, i have never once cried out the name of this "christ" person
they go away on their own or by my sheer will if i can muster enough that is
as i have said before if you call out christ and the shadows disapear its because you expect that to happen its all in the mind.
there is a such a thing as imagination, i understand you are a person of faith but you really shouldnt blame everything that is bad or goes wrong on demons and devils
there are many logical, down to earth explanations of these things
you are however entitled to your opinion

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hi,
I find this very fascinating and have had some encounters with it personally and from an investigative point of view!

O.K. first:
Hypnogogia is a disorder usually described as sleep paralysis, although this definition does not indicate all the possible symptoms experienced by sufferers. In the period of waking up or falling asleep sufferers of hypnogogia feel awake in the mind but paralyzed in the body. These are mild to severe episodes and those who have them can find them quite frightening. Studies performed in sleep labs show that while a patient with hynogogia is awake and aware of their surroundings, instruments measuring brain waves record their brain as asleep.

Not all episodes of hypnogogia are just a feeling or paralysis. Patients have reported a feeling of falling, auditory or visual disturbances and some report feeling joy. Usually the feeling is short. It is suspected that hypnogogia is a symptom of narcolepsy but there is still much research to be done and this is only one theory. Some make the distinction between hypnagogic hallucinations (which take place in the transition from wakefulness to sleep) and hypnopompic hallucinations (in the transistion between sleep and waking.

(I copied and pasted the above

O.K. with that pasted also see: cataplexy : When we are asleep our bodies enter this state to prevent any harm from occurring, it is also associated with Narcolepsy.

Anyway, when you look into these you can see that there maybe more to all of this!

From individuals that are researched who suffer from these conditions MOST of the reports are of:
Hearing mumbled voices, but they cannot seem to make out what they are saying
The FEELING of a presence and/ or of several things/people in the room, but VERY rarely is there a description related to these feelings.
Anxiety/Panic
Extreme fear
ETC..&

Basically, the reports are very vague

Now you get the people who:
Are interacting with "things", talking to them (usually telepathically)
Having very clear visuals of their environment and whatever "things" are around them

There have been MANY cases where a person has this type of episode and reports seeing an individual who may or may not communicate with them, only to find out later that that person lived there and died etc..,&
Meanwhile the person who had the experience did not have prior knowledge of this information.

So WHO is to say?

There is just so much we do not know!

Also, Electromagnetic Fields that are very high have also induced this type of phenomena with much the same results.

Night Terrors: Typically a person will awaken suddenly in a panic with a great amount of fear, but will have no recall a to why.

O.K. just my two cents

Thanks for the thread!
Amy

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i have only felt a presence in the room once and if that wasn't an alien, then i don't know what it was? That was over 20years ago. I can still see it now, in my minds eye now. It stood beside the bed emminating two beams of flourecent light towards me, without uttering a word. At the same time telling me in my head that it was sorry to scare me and that there was no need to fear them. (though i could only see one) because of being in the paralysis, i couldn't turn round or move.
I would like to add that i am not a sci fi buff, so i can't really blame anything like that for these so called hallucinations.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
hey everyone, been watching the forums for years now and finally joined forces. the topic of sleep paralysis has been an interesting issue for me over the past 19 years. as a regular sufferer of it, it is nice to know i am not alone. my first occurence happened after i read an article in a Time/Life magazine regarding inducing OBE's. after trying
(unsuccesfully) to induce one over the course of an afternoon, i had my first bout of s.p. that same night and boy was it rough. it's almost as if i opened a door for it. anyways, its been 19 years of up and downs with it. its a way of life now and i just roll with it. i have had some interesting nights that is for sure. thanks for listening.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amyaaallan

great reply, scientific and intelligent, yet open mnded truly deserving of a star

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by liquid twilight

would you consider sharing some expieriences with the thread?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
the first experience i had was very dark, very threatening. lots of whispering and the sense that something malevolent was close by. didn't sleep so well for a few nights. since then i have had a whole range of experiences, ranging from blissful to strange to terrifying, in which i hear voices, laughter, ringing of bells (weird), occasional figures and feel as if i am being watched or even attacked. not being able to move or speak doesn't help. every now and again my wife will notice me trying to move or speak and and will help calm me, but not often, gotta be at the right place at the right time i guess. She says i appear very stressed. Other times it is very soothing, relaxing even and i feel as if i am out of my body. i can feel my limbs, mainly arms and hands move and even look around the room, but i can never hold that floating sensation for long, try as i may. most of the time my experiences seem to be more negative than positve
i have sp pretty regularly and will try to keep a better record of my experiences.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by liquid twilight

thats quite a variety of sp yes if you do document them would you post them on this thread maybe we can learn more, and matbe you will feel better about it the more you share, and maybe you will be able to defeat it, or at least keep it positive what do you say?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
every one we should all document our sp expieriences here after they happen maybe we will learn from them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join