It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis and shadow things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
hey ats i want to discuss this thing that happens to me once in a while
sometimes in the middle of the night(usualy after waking up from a nightmare) i find i cant move, i cant talk either(i can only make some gasping noises) i can breth ok though and move my eyes, but thats it.

and some times i see things
once when i was little i saw some shadow dogs with red eyes(a doberman figure and a #zu figure) come out of my closet and trot around my room, they looked me in the eyes and disapeared.

another time i woke up from a dream about the ghosts of a baby and an evil red clown, then i looked at the doorway in my room and saw the shadowy figures of some men on horseback, then the shadowy figure of a little girl walked thru the doorway and skipped around my room(silently) then stopped by my bed, i was so terrified that all i could think to say was "go away, i dont believe in you, go away!" which came out in a quiet rasp. the girl skipped away and vanished

and lateley i just keep my eyes closed because i can feel it when it happens
when the figures dissapear i can get up and move and talk

my question is, why does this happen? and why do i see shadowy animals and people?

also this is a bit unrelated but the night before the dog incedent i got up to get a drink of water and saw what looked like a big black shadowy jaguar i the dining room! it had red eyes as well, it looked into my eyes and vanished, needless to say i ran back to my room and under the covers fast like a pizza disapearing at a weight watchers convention
so also what was the shadowy jaguar? has any one had any similiar expieriances?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You might want to check out what Jung had to say about shadows:

Wikipedia - Shadow

I've also seen shadow in my dreams, and there was another thread going on by KiwiFoot about the same issue, might wanna check it out also:

ATS thread.

-v

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

ok thanks 4 the links

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Concious seep paralysis is as close to being dead as you can get, you must be terrified to sleep, the Jaguar is definetly a signal to you, and the cute Shidzu, the tibetan royal dog, this is significant.
You are being guarded perhaps, until you wake up from your sloth.
Perhaps you are destined to do great things.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Concious seep paralysis is as close to being dead as you can get, you must be terrified to sleep, the Jaguar is definetly a signal to you, and the cute Shidzu, the tibetan royal dog, this is significant.
You are being guarded perhaps, until you wake up from your sloth.
Perhaps you are destined to do great things.

well its actually a rare event for me but it does happen, it is hard to get back to sleep afterwards though
signs you say? where can i get these interpreted?
destined for greatness? ive heard people say taht to me before, but im just a regular joe

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
There will be plenty of sign readers and translators on this site, you should not underestimate yourself though, no one is a regular Joe.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I have had more experience with this in my 40 + years on this planet, than just about anything else on this site.
After much trial and error, I have learned that there is only one sure fire way to get these evil entities to leave me alone immediately when I am in this state.
I simply call out the name of "Jesus Christ".
Saying my prayers before bed seems to help a LOT too.

This is the scary part.
These things are real. They have been written about,under different names, in the history of almost every culture that has ever been.
Nowadays, in America, they dub it,"Sleep Paralysis".
It is terrifying, and it is real. What you are seeing are real. Demons.
I am not trying to scare you.

If you happen to think I am a delusional religious nut, than, just humor me. What do you have to lose?
Next time you have small dark figures dancing around your bed at night terrifying you, simply say HIS name. Jesus Christ. See what happens. It really is that easy brother.
I wish you well. In Jesus' name.
PEACE
-TURK182

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My brother is currently undergoing rehabiltation for a leg amputation in a facility that was built around the 1920's and originally used as a TB sanitorium, lots of people have died in the place as TB used to be hard to cure and since then it has been a nursing home/rehab center. On two separate occasions my brother has seen a totally black figure appear in his room, featureless but he feels that it is studying him. Are Shadow people attracted to death and or suffering?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When you sleep your body physiclly shuts off to keep you from hurting yourself in a dream. Sometimes your brain wakes up before your body turns back on. That is sleep paraylisis. The hallucinations are called hypnogogic hallucinations and are very common and very scary but they are just that, hallucinations.

Hypnogogic

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
My first ever post on ATS was of this exact subject. At the time I thought I was having OBEs or something supernatural was occurring. After reading the info presented about sleep paralysis - it made perfect sense.

The same exact symptoms you stated happen to me every once in a while (seems completely random). I open my eyes, see my room, my fan, hear my wife breathing, etc. I can't move no matter how hard I try and sometimes I see shadows. Only one time have I heard anything and it was what sounded like laughter but I dismissed it as just a part of the experience.

What I do now is just realize this is normal (for me) and close my eyes to go completely back to sleep. It seems to happen whenever it wants and I don't fight it any longer.

Good luck with yours

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Hi ashanu90-

I have had this happen to me as well a few times as well. Its usually always the same I snap awake completly, like I just has a shot of Caffeine or something except I can't move at all, not even my eyes and I can feel a presence in my room. I do fight it and am able to force my eyes open for a second lifting my eyelids about halfway up and see a shadow figure and my eyes slam shut. I usually try and move my arm and am able flop my arm from my side to my chest. After about 15 to 20 seconds I break free and able to move my body again and the shadow is gone.

It seems strange that almost everyone has the same type of thing, a shadow figure so I think that whatever it is, it must be real. I have also had a very strange thing happen to me when I was younger.

I was about 9 or 10 and in my room I had bunk beds and always slept with my bedroom door open. My bedroom and my parents room had a joining wall and my bunk beds were next to that wall. Our house had an open floorplan where there there was just stairs going to our rooms on the second floor and nothing else so you could see the living room from upstairs, we also had a fireplace in the living room.

I grew up at the base of a mountain in the woods. I loved living there as a kid because my friends and I would always explore the woods around our house.

Anyways one night I woke up to a noise. My father use to smoke a pipe and would sometimes hit his pipe on the fireplace and it would make a "tink" noise when it hit the metal. The noise I heard was a noise just like that, it went "tink, tink, tink..........tink,tink,tink" there was a pause between the first three and the last three and then it stopped. I then heard footsteps running very fast to the top of the stairs where my room was. It got to the top of the stairs and then started back over from the bottom racing back up to the top over and over and over. Each time the seemed to get a little faster and faster. I could move but was so scared I couldn't do anything I kept expecting whatever it was to come racing in my room.

I didn't know what to do so I started rocking my bed against the wall where my parents room was and finally started yelling I could still hear the footsteps running up and up and up untill finally my parents came racing out of there room and as soon as they opened there door the footsteps stopped. They came in asking if I was ok and what was going on. I told them what had happened but they never heard anything at all. That was the last time I slept with my door open. It never happened again after that day...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

That was interesting

I've thought in similar ways but never really read about it from outward sources. Thanks for posting. Made me feel that I am not out there alone.

I then have some issues about moving when dreaming, I used to sleep walk, but also to swing my limbs when sleeping; I suppose my sleep paralysis "machinery" is not working flawlesly. I also have difficulties to awaken consciously in dreams and I certainly never experienced sleep paralysis and I usually woke up before gaining consciousness in dream (except few times), and now I see that these two things may have something in common, in my physiology.

-v

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've probrobly posted this before, but to this day i still have flashbacks from a sleep paralysis event, which happened to me about 3 years ago.
To say i went into shock is an understatement.
I'll cut to the chase, but for security reasons, i will have to keep it brief.
Basically i had just got into bed. This was the first thing. I was wide awake when the sp kicked in! I refused to open my eyes and was dogmatic i the fact that i was just going to ride the storm, there was no bogy man and that it was all in my mind! Fat chance of that!!! Oh no, there was a loud click and my head began to judder back and forth in a machanical motion.
I was wide awake while all this was going on. Then as my teeth started to chatter. Still refusing to open my eyes, next thing i know i'm looking down at myself from the ceiling. What i saw will stay with me forever.
My face was gone as was the back of my head. There was a white fog emminating from both sides of my head. The side of my head i could see very clearly. I could see my head moving slowly back and forth and i could see my jaw and every tooth in my head. It was as if in an x ray.
There was a yellowy white beam of light shining down from my cupboard into my face and like a yellowy white spotlight shining down on my head as it rested on the pillow. This went on for 20 minutes, until i eventually blacked out. I'm no fantacist or attention seeker, but i know when i'm awake or not! I'm ordinary too.
That was one of the worst. I even rang the Samaritans, i was so shocked, not scared, but literally in shock for months afterwards.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
When you sleep your body physiclly shuts off to keep you from hurting yourself in a dream. Sometimes your brain wakes up before your body turns back on. That is sleep paraylisis. The hallucinations are called hypnogogic hallucinations and are very common and very scary but they are just that, hallucinations.

Hypnogogic

thats what i figue as well
but i wonder if this could be interpereated like a dream as well, like you can do some psychology on the details of the entities and find out something about yourself

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

well now im sure it works for you, but i assume you believe in jesus so you expect something will happen, and as i am thinking these events are all in our minds, if a bhudist cried out bhuda, if a muslim cried aout mohamad or allah, if an ancient greek called out zues, or if a viking cried out odin or thor, i imagine they would get the same effect

maybe i will try your suggestion, but maybe ill try out a different name to see what happens,

part of me is scared to eath of these expieriances but part of me is enthralled by it and curious about it

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

very interesting post no doubt, but i believe that your expiereince is a magnfy sleep paralysis event, remember when you suffer sleep paralysis your half asleep and half awake, you could see yourself and your room clearly? well you know what you look like, and you know what your room looks like, x ray vision? ive had dreams in xray vision before, though very rare

hang in there dont let fear take you

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I lucid dream quite often and lately i've been having dreams of shadowy figures attacking me in my bed. I'm paralyzed for a few seconds until i manage to wake myself up. It's quite unsettling. I recently had some trouble obtaining a prescription i'm on so I attribute these strange instances to medication withdrawal. None the less these dreams are disturbing, but they are just dreams. The medication is cymbalta and is wonderful but hell to come off!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthCarolina
I lucid dream quite often and lately i've been having dreams of shadowy figures attacking me in my bed. I'm paralyzed for a few seconds until i manage to wake myself up. It's quite unsettling. I recently had some trouble obtaining a prescription i'm on so I attribute these strange instances to medication withdrawal. None the less these dreams are disturbing, but they are just dreams. The medication is cymbalta and is wonderful but hell to come off!

thats very sensible and rational star for not jumping to conclusions!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ive experinced sleep paralysis before a few times. The first time that it was vivid i saw various thing like my sister yelling at me with no sound but it was not scary almost comical.
Then being I guess which to me seemed to be evry colour all in one yet no distinctive one off colour walk into my room stand at the door fold its arms and stand there, that to did not scare me but left me feeling" well ill be aye".
Then my eyes moved to the wall where the hallway was and traced the wall leading to were the doorway is and a wave of pure terror engulfed me, to this day Ive never been that terrified, I forced myself to wake up before it reached my room.
I didnt sleep for 3 days after that I felt different.
Another time after that I could feel it happening and on the wall a image projected of a girl on a bar stool looking at the ground extremely sad, and alll I wanted to do was hug her with every ounce of me.
The last time I had a vivid experience I was staying with my sister and a all black being with big black punk like spikes on its head was at the end of her bed.I just layed there laughing at it saying how pathetic it was and mentally annihilated it. The next mornig my sister thanked me and said it had been bothering her for ages and that she was sleeping with rosery beads under her pillow, we never spoke of it again that was the last time I experinced anything other than being shaken awake when no ones there, bastards lol

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have lurked ATS for about a year and this post made me sign up. I have been getting sleep paralysis for about 10 years. The first time it happened i was 15 years old and was watching TV on my couch after school. I fell asleep with my face facing up and began to dream. Next thing I know my eyes are open and i am looking at the ceiling. I try to move but nothing happens. This is where I begin to panic and start trying to kick and yell for help. I went as far as trying to pinch myself and bite my lip to wake up. I felt the pressure but no pain. After what felt like 15 minutes trying to wake up I gave up. I began to relax and closed my eyes again. I woke up a second time and jumped off the couch covered in sweat and in shock of what happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join