It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We All Closet Cannibals?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

I'm vegan too and if I was starving I'd rather take a cut of meat off an already dead human than go and kill an animal to eat.

I'd want it cooked, though.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hello! Good days to all

Cannibalism eh? Hmm, the idea, as I'm sure it does to all here, sickens me no end. I can say, without a doubt, that, if nothing were available, I would probably resort to it. I would be lying if I said otherwise, but the thing is, from my current perspective, I would rather starve than do it.

Anyway, animals do it, we're animals, so when the primitive, animalistic instincts take over, of course anyone would! And I can bet you who definately would: the Queen! And all the leaders and whatnot. Some people believe they do anyway, so who knows?

How wrong is cannibalism really? I mean it's immoral and that in modern society, but is it really wrong? Especially if, as someone has said, the people were dead in the first place. It just depends on how desperate people get for food.

Ramadwarf on cannibalism

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

If you were starving you would kill and eat an animal without much hesitation. The "Western Bubble" that shelters you is the only reason you can say such a thing and actually believe it....globalization,technology and civilization as a whole is the only reason you can be a vegan aswell. Any way, as i said...it's mostly tribes that perform cannibalism these days, i think it has cut down dramatically even there though.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

This is a question I've thought about very carefully over the years and I am confident that I have enough respect for the lives of others to not kill them for my own satisfaction.

Many times, at home, I could eat non-vegan food bought for someone else, just to save time or because I was running low on my own stuff. Who would know, after all?

Well, I'd know and I don't do it.

I live in a cosy (!) Western country where there is a lot of choice, but I've not always had the funds available to buy what's on offer. I know what it's like to go hungry and I've not resorted to stealing.

I don't think of human beings as any more or less valuable than other living creatures. A rabbit or a gnat has as much regard for its life as I have for mine. So I have regard for them, too.

Dying of hunger is an unpleasant way to go, but if it's my time, it's my time. I'm not so enamoured of my life that I'd expect someone else to give up theirs to enable me to carry on living.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Suppose you ate another human being to in order to eak out a few more years on this planet...would you regret having done it when you find yourself at deaths door from some other cause like illness or accident that is out of your control?

Everyone has to die someday and when my time comes I want to go with a clean conscience.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I like my beef raw. And quite like liver and lamb raw. Not sure if I could eat raw human though. Might have to cook you first

And in a decent curry or stew, would anyone know the difference?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibbon

That's how I'd feel about killing a small animal to eat if I was starving.

How many more days of life would eating a rabbit or a rat buy me? It would only delay the inevitable and prolong a nasty situation. I'd rather leave it hopping about eating whatever leaves or scraps it could find for itself.

I agree, dying with a clean conscience is important.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

smh, no
2nd

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Not even close; people are not food. When I say those things, I picture food, not people. EWW???

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Not even close; people are not food. When I say those things, I picture food, not people. EWW???

There was a top ten hit a few decades ago titled"I like Chinese, they are tasty and they come to your knees, that song was reportedly about cannibal intentions , a light hearted song no doubt, but it sold a lot of records.
I personally am a vegetarian but just find it curious the "doth protest too much" reply you posted.
Iam a hetrosexual man (me thinks anyway) and when someone says spicy meatballs I sometimes see manly testicles in tomato sauce ,but hey I do not want to eat them, its just interesting how words or phrases can plant images in our minds.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well as an Member of the Cannibal community i can say with confidence there are many closet cannibals.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Well as an Member of the Cannibal community i can say with confidence there are many closet cannibals.

As opposed to closeted cannibals victims?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

Iam a hetrosexual man (me thinks anyway) and when someone says spicy meatballs I sometimes see manly testicles in tomato sauce

As opposed to feminine testicles?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

Iam a hetrosexual man (me thinks anyway) and when someone says spicy meatballs I sometimes see manly testicles in tomato sauce

As opposed to feminine testicles?

Have no idea about female tesicles, I know She males excite some but they do not spring to mind when someone mentions spicy meatballs for dinner.....but I see your point.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well, as I DIDN'T do it, I think my will is strong enough that I would rather die first.
I think it comes down to how strong your will is over your primitive drive to survive. There are monks who barely eat anything at all as it is. I think this is because of their will and self control. Had I not had many years of meditation and cultivating my will, maybe it would have turned out differently.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visual_Death
Well, as I DIDN'T do it, I think my will is strong enough that I would rather die first.
I think it comes down to how strong your will is over your primitive drive to survive. There are monks who barely eat anything at all as it is. I think this is because of their will and self control. Had I not had many years of meditation and cultivating my will, maybe it would have turned out differently.

Can you expand your sharing of your experiences?

<< 1   >>

join