It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea says it will seize 5 S. Korean assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea said Friday it will confiscate five South Korean-owned properties at a jointly-operated mountain resort in the isolated communist country, a development likely to worsen already-soured relations.

North Korea has been demanding that the South resume tours to the facility, which had been a key source of foreign currency earnings for the impoverished nation but which were suspended after a North Korean soldier shot a South Korean tourist to death in 2008.

South Korea has refused to restart tours until its demands for a joint investigation into the death are carried out.

Tensions between the two Koreas are already high after a South Korean navy ship sank last month amid suspicion that North Korea may have been responsible. North Korea has denied involvement.

news.yahoo.com...

This is getting deeper by the hour. Tensions are already running high after S Korea accused the North of torpedoing their ship. Look for this to get a lot worse soon I think.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
heard about this earlier.... no doubt the South will respond to the sinking of their ship by reducing trade with the north, and preemptively the north are taking the same steps to save face, and probably leading to a complete cut in the few & fragile ties that remain.

Lets hope this doesn't fuel more paranoia that escalates to war.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The South will do nothing they have the weakest leaders the world has ever seen. They disgrace themselves and the people they rule. I have seen jellyfish with more backbones then them.

It does prove one thing to me that TPTB dont want a world wide war. And they also dont want to make waves to high. Everyone thinks they want this but this proves that theory wrong. Or they would have used this for all it was worth.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It makes sense tho if you look at where Lil Kim is comin from. Lets say he is responsible for the torpedo... NOTHING HAPPEND...albeit soon...We all remember the bullies in grade school that took kids lunch money...It stopped once they fought back...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Many prayers have been going out for the end to the North Korean barbarism and their torture of innocents. The same power that brought down the soviet union will end the hermit kingdom.

I shudder to think of the final eternal fate of their sadistic leader, who used to amuse himself by crushing the skulls of christians with cement rollers.

It doesn't matter if the south korean leaders fear man more than god (and I know they fear north koreas large army). Mr. Jongs days are numbered.

www.nysun.com...

new topics

top topics

join