It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Take Congress Back From the NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
With elections later this year, I suggest we start a movement that will help get trustworthy candidates elected. When any candidate appears at a town hall meeting or public debate and takes questions from the audience, ask them to publicly commit not to take any campaign donations of more than $1,000 from any individual and no contributions whatsoever from any corporation or lobby group before or after the election, PERIOD! AND that they will promise to drop out of an election or resign from office if it turns out that their campaign organizations have violated this commitment.

If they make this commitment, and then violate it, and refuse to drop out, then they'll have revealed their true colors.

If you like this idea, then please flag this thread and post a response to keep it active.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Never happen. If they aren't corrupted by money, they will have threats to their family held over them, or they will be manipulated by manufactured proof of crimes of the most vile sort. The time of the power of the vote is over.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I hope you're wrong. Ron Paul is one example of an honest man who says what he believes and believes what he says. We need to try to elect others like him.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If someone takes Congress, can we just ask them to not give them back?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
so how would this be done, who do you have in mind?

creating movement is even harder

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Like the old saying goes.

I don't want Congress.

I want Progress.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

It's like the man said, push all Congressional candidates in the next election to commit to limit accepting campaign contributions to not more than $1,000 and only from individuals, not corporations or lobby interests and that includes AFTER the election as well. They must also commit to drop out of the election or resign office if it's becomes clear that they violated their promise.

top topics

join