It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Like I said earlier.
Park your Sour attitude elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So come one people...I want to hear from all of you that were praising this new proposed law...let's hear you defend this.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

Well first the bill has not passed, so they were not acting under a law. Of course if they demanded more proof based on his skin then yes they were wrong. They are also wrong if he showed ample proof and they wanted to see his birth cert (which BTW is about the easiest doc to forge)

The whole situation is weird since a truck driver with a valid license really doesn’t fit any kind of situation a illegal would be in.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
If there wasn't such a huge problem with illegals, this would have never had to happen.

It shouldn't have happened anyway. The man gave them his license and his SSN, he's an American citizen. No way in hell should he be taken in and have to wait for his wife to bring his birth certificate because they decided that his license and SSN weren't proof of his identity. Illegal immigration in no way excuses this.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
It shouldn't have happened anyway. The man gave them his license and his SSN, he's an American citizen. No way in hell should he be taken in and have to wait for his wife to bring his birth certificate because they decided that his license and SSN weren't proof of his identity. Illegal immigration in no way excuses this.

Exactly, there is no excuse. You cannot blame the actions of illegals how flawed this bill is or how wrong the police handled the affair. You cannot blame illegals for the actions of Arizonan representitives.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Like I said earlier.

Im not concerned about what you said, I will respond to ignorance in the manner I feel. Next time READ the article and the OP. It doesnt do good other than to derail for somebody to make an argument that does not address the OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I also said that having to have a birth certificate was extreme. No, this shouldn't have happened to him. I agree with that.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79e050e622ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Because you look like this...now you will be arrested..

Jackie says, “It doesn't feel like it's a good way of life, to live with FEAR,even though we are okay, we are legal…still have to carry documents around.”

FEAR..this man has to live in FEAR now

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Oh whaa whaa. Boo hoo.

Then he can go back to Mexico with the drug cartel and their war.

Thats fear.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Oh whaa whaa. Boo hoo.

Thats fear.

Wow, your response really shocked me! Are you for real?

I have a half America Indian
son, who has dark skin, black hair and almond eyes..he gets the same treatment..and if someone said to ME what you just said..well..being a girl or not..Id knock you flat!

Thats the problem with humans today, narcissism.

Dont look now..but it will happen to everyone..regardless of color!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Oh whaa whaa. Boo hoo.

Thats fear.

You have got to be kidding... The man was born here. He's an American who just happens to be Hispanic. Not a Mexican who snuck across the border.

Congratulations. You win the racist of the day award.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Oh whaa whaa. Boo hoo.

Thats fear.

You have got to be kidding... The man was born here. He's an American who just happens to be Hispanic. Not a Mexican who snuck across the border.

Congratulations. You win the racist of the day award.

The nerve ..I swear...and not an award to be proud of.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
quite funnie that the president dont have to prove anything about his background but the people have to , lol and lol again

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

and if someone said to ME what you just said..well..being a girl or not..Id knock you flat!

What a great way to get your point across but with violence...

However, I did not mean that in a racist way. Thats how YOU took it. If he WAS a Mexican immigrant, which his parents probably were, that statement wouldnt of appeared racist. But since you all love playing the race card here you twisted it into just that.

No, your treatment from people, government, or law enforcement shouldnt depend on color. But I seriously think you all are taking this waaaay to the extreme. I doubt i will be harrassed just cuz i have a dark tan. And besides, if i had to carry around my birth certificate in my car or person, to assist in getting rid of illegals, then so be it.

Get over yourselves or get back to watching American Idol.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Not exactly one I'd want to put up on my mantel either. Attitudes like that are what lead to situations where American's have to show their birth certificate because their ID and SSN aren't good enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Not exactly one I'd want to put up on my mantel either. Attitudes like that are what lead to situations where American's have to show their birth certificate because their ID and SSN aren't good enough.

You must be high.

I would MUCH rather show my birth certificate than my ssn.

Your ssn was never meant to be used as a way of identification as it can be fraudulently used elsewhere. It ties you to SEVERAL databases all over the country. The ssn is very easily hijacked and exploited.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You know what, I may have misread the article, which I already stated I did, TO THE OP, before you had to put in your 2 cents, but I guess you didnt see that I already retracted what I said, instead you keep on the path of attatching yourself to my sack of nuts. Please, get off em. We get it, ITS PROFILING. NOBODY said that WASNT the case, at least I didnt.
But its ok, just keep on reading things how you want.
I dont respond to immaturity. But in your case, I think I had to make an exception.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

If he WAS a Mexican immigrant, which his parents probably were, that statement wouldnt of appeared racist. But since you all love playing the race card here you twisted it into just that.

Yes, it would. Whether his family came from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Columbia, or where ever doesn't matter. He is an American. He was born here. He does not deserve to be detained just because he happens to be Hispanic.

I actually hate the race card but a racist comment is still a racist comment. Don't like being called out? Don't make racist comments.

I doubt i will be harrassed just cuz i have a dark tan. And besides, if i had to carry around my birth certificate in my car or person, to assist in getting rid of illegals, then so be it.

Maybe you won't. Does that excuse this guy getting harassed? Nope. Does that mean no one else will be? Nope.

I'm glad you don't mind giving up a bit of freedom and being forced to show your papers based on your physical appearance. I do. This isn't Nazi Germany. There's no excuse for this to happen, regardless of how little you value your freedom to move around the country without being harassed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

and if someone said to ME what you just said..well..being a girl or not..Id knock you flat!

What a great way to get your point across but with violence...

However, I did not mean that in a racist way. Thats how YOU took it. If he WAS a Mexican immigrant, which his parents probably were, that statement wouldnt of appeared racist. But since you all love playing the race card here you twisted it into just that.

No, your treatment from people, government, or law enforcement shouldnt depend on color. But I seriously think you all are taking this waaaay to the extreme. I doubt i will be harrassed just cuz i have a dark tan. And besides, if i had to carry around my birth certificate in my car or person, to assist in getting rid of illegals, then so be it.

Its your narcissistic attitude that makes me angry..yes..sometimes a good punch in the face helps! At least it would make ME feel better.

How can you even suggest his parents are immigrants..just because he LOOKS mexican? Thats such backwards thinking.

You also dont see the whole picture here..this will not be the last time this happens to someone..eventually it could happen to YOU..or someone you love..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

You know what, I may have misread the article, which I already stated I did, TO THE OP, before you had to put in your 2 cents, but I guess you didnt see that I already retracted what I said, instead you keep on the path of attatching yourself to my sack of nuts. Please, get off em. We get it, ITS PROFILING. NOBODY said that WASNT the case, at least I didnt.
But its ok, just keep on reading things how you want.
I dont respond to immaturity. But in your case, I think I had to make an exception.

HUH!!!

2nd line

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It is absurd, if he provided a SS card and the traffic patrol should answer for it.

Funny thing I like to think about sometimes. Everyone on here is whining about profiling. Get over it. Think long and hard, when a government picks you out from a crowd to hurt you, it is called profiling, yet day to day when they want to help us we let them say, "oh, you fit a demographic". We are humans and by nature we profile, hell I do it for fun. I will literally arrive to my wife's work thirty minutes early to have lunch and profile everyone walking around. Don't fight it, it is just the way things are. If you are against profiling then you definitely didn't fill out the census I am sure so at least you aren't a hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join