It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Satan seem cool and God seem like a jerk?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

Your point of view.
I'm not divulging any more of my personal views up here.
I have nothing to prove to anyone.
Sometimes to do a lot of good, you have to do a little evil.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
thats a pile of crap and a cop out whatever good by Godbless

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It's no different than saying it's "god's will" or whatever else.
So, tell me then...just what do I have to prove to you?
Is this an Inquisition...?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
nope not an inquisition. i would just like to know

what are the reasons or the evidence for you to have such a belief? i gave evidence to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
nope not an inquisition. i would just like to know

what are the reasons or the evidence for you to have such a belief? i gave evidence to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Because ultimately, nothing matters.
We're born just to die, everything else in between is what we make of it.
In a million, a hundred thousand...hell...even a thousand years...nothing of you or me or anyone we know will be left and no one will even remember our names.
Life is fun, and exciting and wondrous and hurtful and chalk full of pleasure and pain, but only because we make it that way.
Nature doesn't care if we exist or what we do with our existence.
All the rest of it is our imagination.
It's what we tell ourselves so we can sleep at night and prevent us from gouging our own eyes out from madness when we accept the true lack of meaning in life.
Anything that matters, does so because we say it does, there are no cosmic rules saying one thing matters over something else.
We exist to feel emotion and to experience but have no fairytale cosmic destiny; that's the true secret of life.

There...how's that for an answer?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
its a very bad answer lol

how do you know for sure that our names wont be remembered for thousands of years? look at Jesus (HE IS A REAL PERSON) everyone knows his name.

we could do something really Good or really evil for people to remember us by.

Good or evil.

your an Evilutionist as your name says......with your philosophy you shouldn't even have a concept of what evil is?

you need to take a god look at life. there is AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH! on what is Good and what is Evil. right and wrong. AND NOTHING evil can be for the greater good

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I should this...
I should that...
All you're doing is dictating what I should be like.
You have very black/white views AEB your posting.
I don't have to adhere to your view of what I should be.
And there's still no definitive proof that your jesus guy was anything like the way he is portrayed.
And yes, I believe that to save the planet, I would absolutely destroy humanity.
This thread is getting derailed, so let's focus on something other than me.
Clearly you haven't read my earlier posts, which, really, is your loss.

My answer is "bad"?
So, you are judging me...
I mean, honestly, my answer is MY answer, it is what I believe.
You're telling me, essentially, that my beliefs are "no good".
In all fairness, I don't care what you think of my answers, or my beliefs because, once again, I have nothing to prove to you.
I don't cower before you, your ilk, or your "god"...so you can just bugger off.
Go pick a fight with someone who might just care what you think.
People like you just irritate me, not because you attack and/or challenge me, but because you're so blindly egotistical and wholly incapable of seeing another point of view.
It's sad.

[edit on 4/26/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
im not telling you to believe anything believe what you want im just telling me that your Logic is wrong. its impossible that there is no absolute moral law.

ok back to topic. satan seems cool because our society today has made him seem cool.

God on the other hand hasnt. hes lame. keeps you under lock and key. doesnt let you do anything you really want too.

i believe that God is the one that free'd me from myself. its not a bunch of rules you have to follow or you wont get into heaven.

the covenent of the law isnt around we are in the cavenent of Grace. Jesus dies for all our sins.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Any pretense you are putting across about absolute good and evil is naive and quite frankly, destructive.

You say you are not judging, and yet you keep trying to tell Matthew that he is wrong. Who are you to tell him he is wrong? You're just another person with an opinion.

All human beings practice moral relativism. You are doing it right now, in fact.

You say you are in a period of grace - that Jesus had to die so you could be washed clean in his sacrificed blood. And yet, you claim absolute good and absolute evil? So murdering Jesus to pay a blood tax on the sins of the world is OK? It's your logic that is flawed. Also, Matthew 5:17-19 would seem to indicate that the covenant of the law is still in effect.
So, as I said earlier, you'd better make sure you're cleaning up your own house before you go around judging others' logic. And be sure to keep the sabbath and perform the animal sacrifices. Your own beliefs are queueing up to batter you down.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ok mathew 5:17 19

The Fulfillment of the Law

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

what do you think he means by untill everything is acomplished?

im not judging anyone im trying to get answers? your not giving me evidence to support your claims that there are no absolute truths?

im not saying your going to hell!

the bible does not say that christians arn't to judge!

it tells us to take a look in the mirror and sort out ourselves before we do!

im not perfect so im not in a position to judge

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
and im not saying relative moralism doesnt exist. i think chocolate ice cream is the best. someone else may think differently

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
and im not saying relative moralism doesnt exist. i think chocolate ice cream is the best. someone else may think differently

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Oh, but everything has not been accomplished. Not yet. And until then, you, as a believer in the bible, should be following the covenant of the law. Unless you think the murder of Jesus absolves you of this? And I thought murder was wrong...

Your preference for ice cream flavors could hardly be classified as a moral dilemna.

I gave you plenty of evidence for moral relativism. The fact that you and I are having this conversation at all is proof of that. Not to mention the aforementioned hypocritical treatment of murder (which is absolute evil unless god is doing it, and then it is perfect and just, right?). Or perhaps abortion is wrong, but the slaughtering of the newborns in Egypt was a perfect and just act of god?

Your beliefs don't add up, that's what I think. Because it's all relative to the observer. Even you.

Please make no mistake, I don't care what you believe, but when you try to tell someone like Matthew that they're wrong as if you are stating fact, then I do care.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
oh my gosh daisy.

straight up to you believe in good or evil yes or no?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Why do you care so much, if she believes in good or evil?
If you're doing your thing, which you believe mimics your god, then what difference does it make what people like her and I think?
Are you making it your business to "save" people like us?
What if we don't need saving?
What if we don't want what you'd consider salvation?
Your salvation is our bondage, don't you get it?

Oh, and it's super cute that you chose me as your "foe".
Designating someone as an enemy is the height of judgment.
Enjoy your hypocrisy, my friend.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I will reiterate - going with Satan is the easy road here and now, and going with God is the tough road here and now.

But living with your conscience is a road we all go down, or most of us who are not totally insane.

If you can go with Satan and live with your conscience, do so, although I would say please don't.

If you can't, turn to God.

And remember, none of us knows the hereafter.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
God will never force himself onto you. its your choice matthew. i only pray one day you will see

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator
God will never force himself onto you. its your choice matthew. i only pray one day you will see

Why should he force himself on me, when he has people like you (and some of the others up here) to do it for him?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneExplorer
The more I read about the relentless attacks on God, the more I know we are closer to end times.

Satan is playing you and you think he is cool ?

PS read Revelation, they describe you in there. It might open your eyes.

Actually the more truth about the god in the bible, Qu'ran, Torah, etc., the more truth comes out with the Sumerian tablets that it is all created by the Anunnaki. There is one true creator for sure and quite frankly I don't think he really gives a damn.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join