It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Baxter Geico Spokesman Fired for Negative Tea Party Voicemail: DC Douglas is Lance Baxter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This doofus called Freedom Works and left a very negative message on their answering device.

Why is it that the left is so afraid of the TPM and Sarah Palin? They can find no way to respond but to launch smear attacks. What a bunch of Sad Sack losers!

If you want to hear what this bozo said, visit the link below. There is a short video with the voicemail message he left.

One of Geico's top advertising voice-over spokesmen has reportedly been fired for verbally attacking Tea Partiers and Freedom Works. The allegations are that Lance Baxter, also known as D.C. Douglas (not the voice of the Gekko), called Freedom Works and left a voice that among other things asks:

"what percentage of people are mentally retarded?" (asks this twice)

"what are your going to do if someone starts killing somebody?"

(see a video below). New video added - hear Baxter's voicemail to Freedom Works.

maggiesnotebook.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You know what they are afraid. The loss of power and money will compel many things, some not so bright. The Dems and the Reps are both scared to death a new political party will rise, and destroy their long time power base and control over everything. for my money, it's about time someone took on these rich elite minions! I am beginning to see Sarah Palin in a different light.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Dick Armey and Freedom Works rocks!!!!

I love Dick Armey who lobbies for Iranian terrorists and fortune 500 companies to get TARP money.

He's my hero. Why be afraid of this true patriot?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Bashing the TEA Parties.........

So easy a caveman can do it.

What a jerk. I am glad GEICO fired this snarky, smug piece of dirt.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Dick Armey and Freedom Works rocks!!!!

I love Dick Armey who lobbies for Iranian terrorists and fortune 500 companies to get TARP money.

He's my hero. Why be afraid of this true patriot?

Nice job, David. Deflect from the topic, and in that way try to minimize what Lance Baxter did. Asked how many retards worked for the TPM.

You deflecting away from that shows that you condone what he did. You support that kind of talk and attitude.

Nice. Real nice. You gonna teach your little daughter to think that way too, David? Because whether you want to or not, she is going to see how you think and end up just like Daddy. That's how kids are.

So David9176 thinks it was OK for Lance Baxter to refer to TPM members as mental retards, because David9176 doesn't like Dick Armey.

Yeah, that makes lots of sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I now have an even better reason to renew my policy with them. Funny how all the neocons are salivating over his "firing" yet outraged when Advertisers were fleeing Beck. Double standard much?

By the way he is INDEPENDENT Voiceover/Announcer Talent. He didn't actually work for GEICO. He would have been hired by the Advertising Agency who produces their commercials. Big whoop.

This is somehow "Breaking News?" It is more like "Passing Gas."

[edit on 23-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

This is somehow "Breaking News?" It is more like "Passing Gas."

And as usual, you stumble into a thread only to stink it up.

I've never seen you add anything positive to a discussion. Why are you so negative?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I've never seen you add anything positive to a discussion. Why are you so negative?

Are you familiar with the mantra of this site? DENY IGNORANCE.

You seem to misconstrue a valid argument if it refutes your own.

Keep posting nonsense and I'll keep sowing up.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You seem to misconstrue a valid argument if it refutes your own.

What valid argument have you made in this thread? I haven't seen you make any.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

CAUTION: Requires reading and comprehension skills. Your thread title refers to him as a "Spokesman" which you lifted from some old broad's blog. Those aren't highway miles btw.

Rather he is simply the Voiceover talent. He doesn't appear "ON camera" as a "Spokesperson." If anything, the "Gecko" (Australian Lizard) is the On Camera Spokesreptile. Lance Baxter IS NOT some celebrity spokesman lending his endorsement or his value-added credibility to a product, good or service. He reads the tag line. This is an accurate depiction of his role.

If it wasn't for your right leaning bent and neocon blog fetish, you probably didn't know who he was to begin with.

So THAT my friend is the valid argument. Is duh a word?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by kinda kurious] ETA warmer, friendlier tone.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Rather he is simply the Voiceover talent. He doesn't appear "ON camera" as a "Spokesperson." If anything, the "Gecko" (Australian Lizard) is the On Camera Spokesreptile. Lance Baxter IS NOT some celebrity spokesman lending his endorsement or his value-added credibility to a product, good or service. He reads the tag line. This is an accurate depiction of his role.

Now those are some very irrelevant facts that make actually no difference in the thread. They do not provide justification or insight into his actions, which were despicable.

Once again, you teeter on the edge of self-exile because of your straw-grasping, antagonistic ways.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

On the contrary, the FACTS (thanks for acknowledging them as such) prove his opinions are his OWN PERSONAL views and DO NOT reflect on the company he happens to occasionally freelance for. Your Headline incorrectly disparages GEICO which played no part in his rant. Add to this FACT that they fired him as his views don't necessarily reflect theirs.

Nonetheless, it remains a FREE country and Mr. Baxter is entitled to his opinion. He made NO THREATS and BROKE NO LAW. You are simply outraged because he told it like it is to the misaligned group of Teabaggers you so obviously adore.

Perhaps his remarks were insensitive to those who likely rode the short yellow bus to school.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wish everyone would stop disparaging the mentally retarded. And, yes, in Californian that is a legal term.

Mr. Baxter was wrong to call those members of the TPM "mentally retarded". If I could voiceover MrB, I would substitute the words stupid or ignorant. But don't insult the retarded!!

And referring to any "short yellow bus" is also insulting the retarded. The bus for the Tea Party Express is a luxurious RV anyway!

As a disclaimer, I should add that in my lifetime I have come into contact with mentally retarded people, worked for Special Olympics and have acquaintances with mentally retarded children.

Stop using the term mentally retarded when referring to stupid, ignorant people!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Interview with the snarky Baxter with Geraldo tonight on FOX News.

Wonder if he apologizes?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert

And referring to any "short yellow bus" is also insulting the retarded. The bus for the Tea Party Express is a luxurious RV anyway!

You are correct and I was insensitive. It was meant in jest but I realize it was a poor choice of words and sense of humor failure. I sincerely apologize for that comment, no excuse. Thank you for pointing t out. It won't happen again.

Regards...kk

[edit on 25-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well, apparently some of your "facts" were actually not. Did you make them up, and hope we wouldn't check?

Voice-over man Lance Baxter fired by Geico

Lance Baxter, who is the featured voice in certain Geico TV spots was fired by the insurance company after leaving a voicemail for Tea Party group FreedomWorks . Douglas asked FreedomWorks in his voicemail what “the percentage of people that are mentally retarded who are working for FreedomWorks and who are following it,” or as he has since put it, he “inquired as to their intelligence level.” And no, Baxter is not the one who voices the adorable Geico gekko.

www.bostonherald.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I accept your apology, kk.
Perhaps posters here could repost using "stupid, ignorant" and refer to the bus as a luxury rv.
regards, d

[edit on 25-4-2010 by desert]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

OK so your one and only point is that I said that the Ad Agency fired him instead of the company itself. (GEICO) OK, I'll accept that. But, as I pointed out he was merely a paid VO announcer. And thanks for stoking me, I had alluded earlier on a hunch that the TPM was upset about GEICO pulling ads from Beck. It seems I was correct:

FreedomWorks Bullies GEICO To Axe Voice Over Actor

Mr. Douglas believes his connection to GEICO, a company already on FreedomWorks' boycott list for pulling their ads from Glenn Beck's show, is the main reason he was targeted so forcefully.

SOURCE: www.prweb.com...

It seems Freedom of Speech is guaranteed more for some than others. Regardless, this incident makes me realize how hypocritical the entire TPM has become. Thanks for your unintentional efforts to prove that.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You're trying to tell us that FW is so powerful and influential that it can dictate which shows that companies like Geico advertise on, and who they hire?

I think you've been sampling too much of your own seasoning.

top topics

join