It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly airborne fungus in Oregon set to spread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i live in oregon and its strange to me that this isnt mentioned on the local news at all... wonder why?
Yeah...I wondered the same thing. Wonder why the fear media hasn't warned on the local stations. You would think KOIN would at least say something.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
Of course it's airborne. Anyone seen any Chemtrails lately, and had a persistent cough to go with those persistent pollution trails?
Funny thing you mentioned it, but they have been spraying like crazy lately around the Portland/ Vancouver Washington Area. I made a mistake and took my kids to the park on one of those days.... and that same night they were complaining of plugged, runny noses and coughing. Some will say it's allerigies, but my kids have played out side before with out any problems. They don't have allergies. And No..it wasn't a head cold. It only lasted for 2 days and then they were feeling fine again.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Uh oh... I'm in Oregon, What should I do?

PS nice thread S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Allen.craftr

Here: some piece of mind...

Public health officials are on watch. Researchers say overall it's still a low threat, however as the number of cases increase, so will the interest.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Almost 1 year to the day since the FAKE SWINE FLU pandemic story broke......coincidence ??

More $Billion(z) in Bailout for Big Pharma.

Just another strange day on the sheeple farm. Nothing to see here....move along.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Another $Billionz Bailout for Big Pharma.

Huh? How so? Generally curious here. Given that only 21 cases (in OR) have been analyzed over the course of a few years, how is this even remotely considered a new pandemic (i.e. cash fund for big Pharma?) Doctors are simply being advised to watch for respiratory illness not responding to conventional therapy. That means, be aware that something else is around that is atypical, but still treatable.

It's a stretch (a very big, paranoid stretch) to consider this anything other than a natural mutation (amongst many out there) that we now need to be aware of until/unless other indicators point otherwise.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Lets hope thats all it is... But the "ruthless megalomaniacs that be" (RMTB) will always be looking for new ways to reduce the population by 50-90%.

It is written in stone on 16 ton slabs of granite in 8 different languages "maintain humanity under 500,000".....the Georgia Guide stones.

Dedicated on 3/22/1980 almost 33 years ago.
There's another couple of hints for you.

Edit: another hint the Georgia guide stones are along a ley line that goes along Philadelphia, DC & Stonehenge.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i am correct in saying that fungus spores can be used anywhere ie, sprayed.

imagine what that would do if they could let these spores off in public locations

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We will know in a few months if it is going to be a problem, but my first guess would be no. I also seriously doubt that the bad guys have anything to do with this, for one it would be too hard to control so it might turn on the handlers, for two its not as simple as taking a vaccine or some antidote; antifungals are not easy to make nor are they easy to administer, if it was to get into one of the bad guys thats 6 months minimum he has to worry about the fungus fighting him or the bad effects from the medication.

I think they will stick to something that wont wipe them out in the process, but that makes too much sense; lets see what the professionals have to say! ...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Related threads - cross references

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There are some dots to be connected perhaps... Here we have another illness that plagues the lungs. Add to the list with swine flu and a supposed die off of 2.5 million Americans with adverse reaction to GM corn. This was more a recent story from a Russian source/ agency. It's rather easy to lump in deaths... Even chalk them up to the flu. I'm searching out trends involving lung disease/ lung related deaths.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Determining the exact origin of the VGIIc strain has proven difficult. Investigations so far have failed to find it in Oregon soil, water or trees. It may have arrived from abroad or originated locally, researchers said.

Because this fungus had been confined to the tropics until now, researcher Wenjun Li at Duke University speculated that environmental changes might be responsible for the evolution and emergence of these new strains.

Hey,
The first thing that popped into my mind while reading this was...
Are you ready?...
CHEMTRAILS

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue_fish

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i live in oregon and its strange to me that this isnt mentioned on the local news at all... wonder why?
Yeah...I wondered the same thing. Wonder why the fear media hasn't warned on the local stations. You would think KOIN would at least say something.

Actually, National Public Radio aired a story this morning about the fungus. So NPR is picking up on this before local stations are? That's wierd because it's usually the other way around.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is indeed interesting, especially the developed change in the fungus. While it is no pandemic yet, and we have no hard and fast proof the the change is "engineered", I cant ignore the fact that we were warned decades ago about the damage that would come as GMO trees were put into production.

The UK research organization, The Corner House, notes that “trees genetically modified for resistance to disease are likely to cause fresh epidemics” by encouraging the survival of other diseases resistant to the genetic modification. They go on to assert that “fungicide production engineered into GM trees to help them counter such afflictions as leaf rust and leaf spot diseases may dangerously alter soil ecology, decay processes and the ability for the GM trees to efficiently take up nutrients…”.

Mycorrhizal fungus and other soil fungi are a critical part of forest ecology. Fungicides engineered into trees are likely to be exuded by the roots into the soil, killing beneficial soil fungi and damaging soil
ecology.

Another significant concern is that the evolution of new, more pathogenic viruses may be accelerated by GE tree viral resistance traits. Ricarda Steinbrecher elaborates on the potential for genetically engineered viruses to recombine with other viruses to create new and more deadly viruses: “The potential of such newly recombined viruses to overcome the defenses of related wild plants, or even be able to infect new host plants, is a serious concern. In laboratory experiments infecting viruses have also swapped their protein coat for that of another virus that had been engineered into a plant...the new coat enabled a virus to travel between plants, carried by aphids.”

What will happen when insect-resistant GE trees contaminate wild forests?
www.cbd.int...

S&F

[edit on 24-4-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
World wide concern over Sars, Swine Flu, the West Nile Virus and now the Oregon Fungus! Viral mutations have caused death to people and animals have reached epic proportions. While scientists run back and forth trying to find antidote for this afflicting viruses and bacteria’s, people are dying or getting terribly sick. There is an answer that goes back thousands of years, Silver, not just any silver, Colloidal Silver atoms, 3000 PPM to be exact. Colloidal Silver Atoms are the smallest particles you can buy anywhere on the planet, they go straight to the heart of the infecting critters! Colloidal Silver atoms 3000 PPM are chemical free colloids NO chemicals or substances are used to make Colloidal Silver 3000 PPM. Just do a an internet search on Colloidal Silver 3000 PPM, Colloidal Silver Atoms and or Monatomic Silver, 3000 PPM and you can obtain the world’s best chemical free option with the most organic attributes anywhere. www.gold2live.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by precicio

burntheships made an excellent point... GM crops are starting to dominate our diet. Especially corn because it's heavily subsidized. For the most part corn has replaced sugar as well as feed for livestock. This is an attack on all sides... Your body would likely defend against half the stuff out there, but high fructose is processed entirely by our livers. The same organ that does most the work cleansing the blood stream. Another issue is bacteria in the meat we digest. Another attack on the liver and kidneys. It all adds up...

The best thing to do is re-think what you eat. Oh, and the not-so-new thing with silver is nano-sized bio-silver. The silver is attached straight to the water molecule, so it does its job then passes through the system faster.

I have a feeling this fungus wouldn't be so severe, if our bodies weren't so beat down. It is interesting though how far this fungus can affect the brain. Even if you’re able to throw it, I wonder how dramatic the consequences are for having it in the first place.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
New video out... MSNBC:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This was trending as number one issue on Yahoo last night.

This article was from five hours ago.

The fungus emits microscopic spores that are carried by the wind. They can be inhaled and immediately lodge in the lungs (similar to anthrax), and once they take root there's not much that can be done.

The British Columbia Center for Disease Control states that, "There are no particular precautions that can be taken to avoid Cryptococcosis; you can, however, be alert for long lasting or severe symptoms and consult a physician for early diagnosis and treatment."

Livestock and pets are also at risk.

According to the article, it's invaded the Pacific SW into Canada, and there are concerns that it will invade California.

This reminds me of those Civ III green bombs they would drive into cities and blow them up to create a new instant ecosystem while ridding of the pesky humans that created them

The PTB have always had their large-scale eco focas in place. I hate to see it this way, but what if eugenics is tied to a reclamation process for nature, and both are part of their master plan?

All thoughts of "nature striking back" for our mistakes do have a basis in truth, but then there is a certain force behind that which needs extreme ethical address. All the blanketing of the earth which geo-engineering provides is creating a much improved environment for fungal growth. Without the sun to burn off the moisture, they encourage the growth, and the introduction of new elements is streamlined.

I think the UBC Disease Control labs are telling us that the creation of this airbourne spread was harvested from Papua New Guinea, and that the "exotic" nature of the source "obviously" excuses it from tampering or understanding. It leads that they will say "it was bound to happen" in a world so well travelled, so don't blame anyone except ourselves. It's what we do see, that authorities don't mention, that makes me angry.

Doctors advise the public to be vigilant especially if walking or hiking in wooded areas where the fungi may have taken root on the bark of pines or forest debris. Veterinarians suggest people keep an eye on their pets for any signs of exposure.

In other words, don't enjoy the woodlands of the entire west coast because death is lurking, everywhere, anyware. It might get your pets too, and we won't even mention your children. What a mindjob.

www.helium.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Allen.craftr

Here: some piece of mind...]

Thanks for that article, it did kind of give me peace of mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've been studying herbal remedies a little lately and thought some people might be interested. There are a number of herbs that are anti-fungal such as tea tree oil, goldenseal, and garlic just to name a few. Some you can take internally and some are for putting on skin. This is a cool, very informative website that I like. Here's a link to the page where it talks about fungus treatments. www.mothernature.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join