It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly airborne fungus in Oregon set to spread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by Unity_99

Not everything is a conspiracy, buddy.

Wow, what an impressive insight you have there, buddy.

Do you have any other golden nuggets of wisdom you'd like to share with the rest of the ATS crowd, or is it that all you have to offer are flippant one liner posts?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I'm starting to wonder why people press for the investigation of homicides, if a conspiracy holds no weight. Let's not chase facts in any case... Sh!t happens. Move on... There's nothing to see here.

That's more the mentality your "friend" there portrays.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by ANNED

This is where I get confused as well. Supposedly it hasn't been nearly as deadly then all the sudden this news. I think there's a reference above this recent post citing a couple of stories. Might want to check into it...

i will bet this new fungus is not near as deadly as they think.

i believe its like valley fever and 90+% that have the fungus never know they have it.

Valley Fever
About two thirds of the people who are infected never notice any symptoms, or experience mild symptoms and never even get treatment. Those who have sought treatment showed symptoms including fatigue, cough, chest pain, fever, rash, headache and joint aches. Sometimes people develop red bumps on their skin. In about 5% of the cases, nodules develop on the lungs which might look like lung cancer in a chest x-ray. A biopsy or surgery may be necessary to determine if the nodule is a result of Valley Fever. Another 5% of people develop what is referred to as a lung cavity. This is most common with older people, and more than half of the cavities disappear after a while without treatment.

Until they develop a skin test or other test for this Oregon fungus they will not know the numbers of people that have been exposed but there bodies have been able to fight off the fungus and are asymptomatic.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Of course it's airborne. Anyone seen any Chemtrails lately, and had a persistent cough to go with those persistent pollution trails?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This faintly reminds of ‘The Happening.’

I wonder why this isn’t known widely within the region.

It’s very disturbing that it’s all been hushed up, eh?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I guess there plan is working get the hole world worried about swine flu give people a vaccination then it turns out to be nothing, Then release the real thing when people think this is just like the swine flu scare.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Lets all hope its not the white death bible prophecy talks about. You know the one that kills 1 in 4 people on earth, strange coincidence? Or something more?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
Killer fungus seen in Pacific Northwest

The symptoms of infection include chest pain, a persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever, and weight loss. The fungus can also cause meningitis, or inflammation of the membranes lining the brain, but can be treated with antifungal drugs. C. gattii is found in soil and trees, but experts haven't yet determined how humans breathe it in.

www.cnn.com...

Chemtrails is the probable method of spreading this, though I imagine it can be dusted around people too, if they want to target someone.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
1 out of 4... I like my odds
I have a buddy who just moved to Oregon, I will see what he has heard. Good find though OP

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've replied to this in the OTHER thread...but i live on VANCOUVER island... 20 minutes outside of Victoria...and i've NEVER heard of this... not ONCE...

I'm not saying there are no cases...and/or that there was no warnings... but it seems it is a bigger deal here (ats), than here (victoria)...where it is supposed to be occurring.

Mav.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by MavRck]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Is it weird when the first thing I do upon reading this thread is think "manufactured"....

Our government has such a good reputation don't they?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This sounds like another funny monkey to look at, they don't say anything on our local news. Oregon is a place where some of the strangest stuff grows, like shrooms
I have 8 acres of trees and the ground is always wet, even in the summer. The stuff I find growing here is amazing, I'm from LA and nothing grows there even if you water the crap out of it.

We seam to have a lot of Dutch people up here, and that's OK I guess but they seam sick all the time, and hide from the sun just like the mushrooms
as a native Osage I think its funny to watch them when the temp gets above 72' they start bitching its hot.

By trade I'm HVAC&R and I've been in lots of homes here, and most of the locals keep there houses shut dark dirty with lots of dogs. most of the houses I've been in look like a breeding ground for diseases and infection, Lots of smelly hippies too
Sorry Orygun billys you got a bad rep!

I wonder what areas the people live in that got sick?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well Swine flu was weaponized and had components of the bird flu in it. I have a strong suspicion it was a test run to make the public apathetic and get some of them microchipped, oops I meant "immunized" along with expose them to other harmful substances.

So anything that is emerging at this time that is new, dagnerous and spreads rapidly, ie. this one has "airborn" capacities, is extremely suspect. It also could be used for martial law and fema camps.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Earth is tired of it's surface nuisance called mankind. Just in time for summer.Hmm time to stock up on sodium bicarbonate. Somehow I think this will die out once it reaches the plains.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by MavRck

I've replied to this in the OTHER thread...but i live on VANCOUVER island... 20 minutes outside of Victoria...and i've NEVER heard of this... not ONCE...

And that might be the conspiracy here. They've known about this for years, without taking much action to warn people about it. They've hushed it down, because they don't want to scare tourists away and lose money. And now that the fungus has become way more lethal and dangerous, they can't hide it much longer.

Here's a 3-year-old ATS thread about a Danish tourist who picked up this fungus on Vancouver Island, carried it inside his lungs, and brought it to Denmark: Exported Deadly Fungus Across The World - Inside His Lungs. A worldwide alert was sent out to doctors at the time, but it was only briefly mentioned in the media.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by walking_virus
Perhaps the fungus is angry at all the ravenous hunters of magic, medicinal and edible mushrooms and has decided to exact revenge!

I would say that the fungus would exact revenge against those who aren't consuming the magical, medicinal, and edible mushrooms to achieve enlightenment. So, its eliminating all of the fools who have lobbied against it, prevented us from mind exploration, and those who have fallen into the WAR ON DRUGS TRAP.

That's my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

What's worse... It doesn't sound like the fungus is easy to throw off. Meaning, even if you're lucky enough to battle back, it's a long road ahead. The treatment is extreme.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Hopefully we're not caught singing... "The hills are alive with the spores of fun-gi" by that time either.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I doubt it has anything to do with the cow pastures. Magic mushies contain the alkaloids psilocybin and psilocyin. They arent harmful but they're the key ingredients to "trip."
But then again, i could be wrong since there is alot of stuff out in nature that can harm when ingested seeing how nature isnt a controlled environment. As for my opinion, cow patties are safe.
Take it from me, Im a cultivator

Would love to look at those spores under a microscope

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Destiny Curious]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Howdy KOP! I too live here in Oregon and the only news I see is from outside sources, although there seems to be a lot of it(news)! It does seem strange this info hits the world today but locally it is not mentioned......Not sure what to think, we'll see in the days to come. Peace

www.aolnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join