It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly airborne fungus in Oregon set to spread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

If its the same one we have in BC, it has a 25% mortality rate in humans!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Catchy slogan at least!
You're right, it's just one thing after another. People hate to get involved in conspiracy, but look at it this way... Isn't every homicide a conspiracy? If not, why bother with murder investigations? Guess you could just chalk it up to nature's calling. Let's be honest... This type of method has plausible deniability written all over it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice this little gem:

Determining the exact origin of the VGIIc strain has proven difficult. Investigations so far have failed to find it in Oregon soil, water or trees. It may have arrived from abroad or originated locally, researchers said.

They claim it's coming from the Forest but they can't FIND it in the forest?

How is that not suspicious?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Also, 10 grams of vit C the powder is best, taken in smaller doses frequently, and 5 grams of D. Or MMS (can't take the C at the same time, 2 hours before or afterwards, but can inbetween).

I posted this earlier, but in case you missed it... GSE supposedly wreaks havoc on fungus, and 20 bucks will go a couple of months for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
According to Wikipedia, the death rate is nowhere near 1/4:

From 1999 through to early 2008, two hundred and sixteen people in British Columbia contracted the disease, and eight died from it.
\en.wikipedia.org...
8_deaths/216_infected = .037, or 3.7% mortality rate.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Those dang dolphins, always getting into mischief and causing concerns. Guess it's time to finally take them out.... with a fungus... Viral warfare at it's most efficient.

My thoughts exactly... Had they just played it cool blowing bubble rings!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
According to Wikipedia, the death rate is nowhere near 1/4:

From 1999 through to early 2008, two hundred and sixteen people in British Columbia contracted the disease, and eight died from it.
\en.wikipedia.org...
8_deaths/216_infected = .037, or 3.7% mortality rate.

Is that the exact same strain?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ok.... not sure the point. 6 deaths out of 25 infected in OR and 19 deaths out of 218 in BC. Does not sound like a crisis and it certainly doesn't sound like "intentional" targeting or some type of warfare, as you suggested. The cases identified in BC have been around since 1999 and the first cases in OR were id'd in 2005... this is naturally occurring health risk. Big deal.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

This is where I get confused as well. Supposedly it hasn't been nearly as deadly then all the sudden this news. I think there's a reference above this recent post citing a couple of stories. Might want to check into it...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Mutations from mating...

Though the reason for the new strain's severity is unknown, "one thing fungi do that bacteria don't is they have sex with each other," Byrnes noted. (Related: "Rainmaking Bacteria Ride Clouds to 'Colonize' Earth?")

As with humans, nearly every fungus offspring represents a new combination of genes and their resulting traits. So it's possible that the new fast-spreading superfungi is the result of Cryptococcus gattii mating. (Learn more about human diseases.)

No matter how it arose, the tropical interloper looks like "it's going to stick around," Byrnes said, "at least for the foreseeable future." (1)

link   

Ok.... not sure the point. 6 deaths out of 25 infected in OR and 19 deaths out of 218 in BC. Does not sound like a crisis and it certainly doesn't sound like "intentional" targeting or some type of warfare, as you suggested. The cases identified in BC have been around since 1999 and the first cases in OR were id'd in 2005... this is naturally occurring health risk. Big deal.

Just want to make sure I understand your numbers.

Are you saying that since 2005....25 people have gotten sick from this in OR?

And since 1999...218 have gotten sick in BC?

If that is the case...why am I getting the feeling that people are in a panic about this? Seems like a very random and rare thing.

link   

Though the reason for the new strain's severity is unknown, "one thing fungi do that bacteria don't is they have sex with each other," Byrnes noted. (Related: "Rainmaking Bacteria Ride Clouds to 'Colonize' Earth?") As with humans, nearly every fungus offspring represents a new combination of genes and their resulting traits. So it's possible that the new fast-spreading superfungi is the result of Cryptococcus gattii mating. (1)

So we shouldn't take the fungus to a music show, and buy it loads of shots? That's how it typically starts... Am I right?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The older strains have been in BC since late 90's and in US since approx. 2005. The concern is that as they mutate (the fungi mate and the resulting offspring are new combinations of genes) the strains change and it appears are becoming more (deadly)... That is what the recent concern is (as I understand it)...

reply to post by Americanist

If you decide to take your chances, you should most definitely consider wearing a mask. You would not want to breathe in the spores... That could be bad for your health.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This is depopulation. Disease and War. There are no coincidences. This a designer fungus.

www.alertnet.org...

WASHINGTON, April 22 (Reuters) - A potentially deadly strain of fungus is spreading among animals and people in the northwestern United States and the Canadian province of British Columbia, researchers reported on Thursday.

The airborne fungus, called Cryptococcus gattii, usually only infects transplant and AIDS patients and people with otherwise compromised immune systems, but the new strain is genetically different, the researchers said....

Did you understand the mortality rate is 25%. 1/4. This is the "cold" they were going to give the world that was told to Bill Ryan.

The new strain appears to be unusually deadly, with a mortality rate of about 25 percent among the 21 U.S. cases analyzed, they said.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

This is depopulation. Disease and War. There are no coincidences. This a designer fungus.

Prove it's engineered and not naturally occurring.

Here's a place to start... background info...

Cryptococcus gattii
Scientific classification

Kingdom: Fungi
Phylum: Basidiomycota
Class: Tremellomycetes
Order: Tremellales
Family: Tremellaceae
Genus: Cryptococcus
Species: C. gattii

Binomial name
Cryptococcus gattii

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Did anyone else ever watch that movie THE HAPPENING by M. Night Shyamalan? I remember watching it and going , "This movie is RIDICULOUS!!! Yeah bio agent released by trees destroys man kind... Ha! This is pretty weak Shyamalan" Well , I'm not laughing anymore...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

No I dont have to I can state that It is My Belief That We Better Get Our Heads Out Of Our Backsides, Because Under World We Know, It Would Be Illogical To Think Otherwise. This is ATS, don't need to catch you up date on the world, because I know you know. You've been posting for some time.

This is viral warfare against the people. Period. It would a long shot for it be anything else, and "they" don't deserve my consideration of that long shot by their behavior and brutal actions.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

If it's your opinion, I can respect that -

I am simply taking issue with it being stated as fact.
Naturally occurring mutation is just as relevant an explanation.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Not everything is a conspiracy, buddy.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
Did anyone else notice this little gem:

Determining the exact origin of the VGIIc strain has proven difficult. Investigations so far have failed to find it in Oregon soil, water or trees. It may have arrived from abroad or originated locally, researchers said.

They claim it's coming from the Forest but they can't FIND it in the forest?

How is that not suspicious?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. So they haven't been able to find it anywhere but in humans, and animals, but it is airborne yet doesn't spread from mammal to mammal?

How does that make sense at all? If its airborne, but doesn't spread from mammal to mammal, and they can't locate the source, how can they say it's coming from "trees"?

This is a red flag.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by harrytuttle]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join