It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly airborne fungus in Oregon set to spread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The new, rare strain has killed 1 in 4 infected, researchers say

A deadly, airborne new strain of fungus has emerged in Oregon. It has killed nearly one out of four known affected people so far and might also attack animals ranging from dogs to dolphins. And it is likely to spread, researchers now warn.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Take a shot at the cause of this... Any thoughts? I guess those who stocked up on jock itch medication will be the last ones to live!

Video Link

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Americanist]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This may be the same mentioned in this thread, and not saying this doesn't deserve 2+ threads. Scary stuff. How is this related to Morgellons, if at all? Morgellons has a well-researched fungal factor. Any attempt to block out the sun, and prevent moisture from rising, has been proven to cause an increase in molds, fungus, and other ground-level bacteria growths. Let's look at the "global warming" issue, and see if it holds water.
Looks like it's holding lots of water on a reality level.

Potentially deadly fungus spreading in US, Canada - Dolphinfan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Killer fungus seen in Pacific Northwest

The symptoms of infection include chest pain, a persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever, and weight loss. The fungus can also cause meningitis, or inflammation of the membranes lining the brain, but can be treated with antifungal drugs. C. gattii is found in soil and trees, but experts haven't yet determined how humans breathe it in.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
yes, we are talking about the same.

Treatment Medical treatment consists of prolonged intravenous therapy (for 6–8 weeks or longer) with the anti-fungal drug Amphotericin B, either in its conventional or lipid formulation. The addition of oral or intravenous flucytosine improves response rates. Oral fluconazole is then administered for six months or more. Unfortunately, antifungals alone are often insufficient to cure C. gattii infections, and surgery to resect infected lung (lobectomy) or brain is often required. Ventricular shunts and Ommaya reservoirs are sometimes employed in the treatment of central nervous system infection. [edit]

Courtesy of jumpingbeanz in the other thread.
en.wikipedia.org...

And I'd like to include what I said there:

This is obviously the "shareholder invested" "cure" for this, and this is only one more disease to concern with. Whoever predicts this leading-to-surgery conclusion is probably very hung up with their methods. We should look for other solutions!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
the one good thing is that itt cannot be passed from one person to another for now

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I'm trying to round up as much information as possible. Fungus is more than likely responsible for illnesses across the board... The connection to autism in interesting. We've seen what... A 6000% increase of late? Morgellons seems to coincide with the timing of this. If you're going to unleash hell... Fungus is certainly effective enough because it gets everywhere even in the brain.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i live in oregon and its strange to me that this isnt mentioned on the local news at all... wonder why?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Good and bad... It's airborne, so the rate of illness could climb just as high as the common cold. Unfortunately, this has a kill factor of 1 and 4... Might want to stock up on GSE.

Hey, perhaps they'll start marketing athletes foot medication like shampoo... "Foot spray, take me away!"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I'd be contacting your local station, if that's the case. Look for any archived stuff... I'm joining in.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Potentially deadly fungus spreading in US, Canada - Dolphinfan

Kudos to Dolphinfan... Beat the mainstream media on that one.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow- just in time as swine flu dies out.

Quite interesting, that.....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Perhaps the fungus is angry at all the ravenous hunters of magic, medicinal and edible mushrooms and has decided to exact revenge!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by walking_virus

You could be on to something. The 1 in 4 might be those dudes with lawn bags making round trips to cow pastures. I tell you what... Plucking something from poop doesn't sound too appealing. On second thought... I doubt the two are related, but I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

If at first you don't succeed...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Tell your stockholders you'll get it right with Fungus?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is also in BC and Alaska, and its obviously viral warfare, targetting dolphins too. Project Anglo Saxon that Bill from Project Camelot comes to mind.

Its time to really stock up on food and water, and even energy devices. Don't allow them to round people up into fema, at all.

Also, 10 grams of vit C the powder is best, taken in smaller doses frequently, and 5 grams of D. Or MMS (can't take the C at the same time, 2 hours before or afterwards, but can inbetween).

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Those dang dolphins, always getting into mischief and causing concerns.

Guess it's time to finally take them out.... with a fungus...

Viral warfare at it's most efficient.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sounds like one we have in Calif.
Valley Fever Coccidioidomycosis(Coccidioides immitis,) only with the Oregon fungus a lot more people have a active infections and they are more severe.
www.valley-fever.org...
wiki.medpedia.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Very Interesting, surprised not to hear it was spotted on a news station. Yet again ATS beats the media to the punch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join