It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well I am 31 and I have not found my soul mate until recently. I have been seeing someone since November, but not official to us until about 3months ago. We started out just talking and he is literally everything I have ever looked for in a partner. It's funny because when I met him and the first time we went out, I had that gut feeling that I knew it was him. It freaked me out because I have never had that feeling before. There isn't one thing I dislike about him. He lives 3hrs away and that isn't even an issue because he makes and effort to see me. I always thought the others were the "one" but they had all kinds of red flags in my face and my new bf doesn't. He is the only person I have been with where I can truly be myself: goofy, silly, nerdy, say off the wall things and he laughs or does something crazy himself. It really scares me because I am not use to this and he just seems to good to be true. He came out of nowhere and I haven't been this happy in years. He treats me like a person and not a thing like so many others I was with. He is a gentleman and he respects me and it shows. Love is a feeling you just know and feel. It can't really be explained imo. It's different for everyone. I love him and I have feelings for him and it scares the crap out of me. I don't want to tell him just yet. I have told him I adored him and he has no problem with that. I never thought I would find someone like him and then he comes out of left field! I never would have met him if my friend didn't force me to go to work that day and I am forever thankful she did! I believe divine intervention happened there. I was meant to meet him and be with him. I honestly never expected this to go where it's going but I am so happy and thankful it is.

"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better" ~ Shakespeare

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Down with love!!

Sorry, im just a bit bitter

I was utterly and totally in love with my ex for nearly four years, we lived together for most of that time and I would have done anything for him, to me true love is when you could actually willingly die for someone because they mean that much to you, when just seeing them happy means everything to you. I thought he loved me as much as I loved him, but he didnt.

So yeah, Love is good if its totally mutual.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That was lovely mblah!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hi friends, You know "what is the real meaning of love"? Love is much more than a risk, but is a risk that one can take and grasp and fall into a dark abyss or dig oneself a hole and only crawl back when you overcome your emotions.

Thanks
John White
Ministerial Seminary

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Is that you in the picture? Because you look gorgeous!

Its funny when people say "now he/she has gone im not the same", my whole personality has changed slightly back to what i was like before having my GF. Definetly plays mind-games with you, thats what i know.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have lately thought "Love is human addiction"

Addiction is something you cannot stop or can't live without. If I truly love you - I can't do without you.

Of course, a pretty well known opposite of love is apathy. Not hate, hate is just another form of love. "I hate you" really means "I could love you more if you would just change".

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yea true love is actually when a male has more than 10 mutual psychic orgasms with a woman which for her equals to about 30 mutual psychic orgasms.

*sigh*

[edit on 8-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've thought I was in love and thought I'd found my soulmate twice so far lol

There won't be a third time hahaha.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A big bag of Haribo!!!!
sorry I had to!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

how do you know when you have found your soulmate?
how do you know if they are the one?

When you wake up thinking about them
When you go to sleep thinking about them
When you care more about their happiness than you do your own
When you know you would do anything for them

And when they do the same....

That's when you know.

I don’t know if this is what you call a soul mate. My vision of love is all of the above and then some!

My insight to true love is .... it’s a spiritual mental connection which sets off a cosmic physical chemistry between two people.

It's the willing, and compassion to work your problems out , no matter what it is, and in the end you find your selves with the desire to be together because you can accept each others faults….It's being there to give comfort and support, it's as tho you feel he or she is your best friend and then some.

..Spending hours talking about things you’d never talk about with no other. It’s being able to get through thick and thin, even when you think it's over, because of some stupid or serious fight .. and you find yourselves back in each others arms like nothing ever happened. Your willing to accept the good with the bad and realize that it doesn’t matter who is really right its knowing how to communicate, realizing and accepting that you and him are human and make mistakes.

To give them freedom and to accept them for who they are, and not try to change them. To be able to allow them space…...it's when there is no hate and the love you have over time never fades it just keeps getting better no matter how long he or she is away . It is about many things its encouragement when he or she is feeling down, its being bored together, being broke together, and sacrificing things for him or her ..it’s as though you feel you are one and Just want to be there til the end of time with him or her.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52

Originally posted by Gazrok

how do you know when you have found your soulmate?
how do you know if they are the one?

When you wake up thinking about them
When you go to sleep thinking about them
When you care more about their happiness than you do your own
When you know you would do anything for them

And when they do the same....

That's when you know.

I don’t know if this is what you call a soul mate. My vision of love is all of the above and then some!

My insight to true love is .... it’s a spiritual mental connection which sets off a cosmic physical chemistry between two people.
It's the willing, and compassion to work your problems out , no matter what it is, and in the end you find your selves with the desire to be together because you can accept each others faults….It's being there to give comfort and support, it's as tho you feel he or she is your best friend and then some. ..Spending hours talking about things you’d never talk about with no other. It’s being able to get through thick and thin, even when you think it's over, because of some stupid or serious fight .. and you find yourselves back in each others arms like nothing ever happened. Your willing to accept the good with the bad and realize that it doesn’t matter who is really right its knowing how to communicate, realizing and accepting that you and him are human and make mistakes. To give them freedom and to accept them for who they are, and not try to change them. To be able to allow them space…...it's when there is no hate and the love you have over time never fades it just keeps getting better no matter how long he or she is away . It is about many things its encouragement when he or she is feeling down, its being bored together, being broke together, and sacrificing things for him or her ..it’s as though you feel you are one and Just want to be there til the end of time with him or her.

Wow Northstargirl! thank you so much for that post! I don't think anybody could have said it better!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Gaz and North are both right...very good!

I'm not sure if any other two could sum it up better!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The title of this thread made me laugh a little, but in a good way. It immediately brought to mind what Dr. Brennan always tells everyone on "Bones" about love. It's just a chemical reaction in your synapses brought on by synaptic functions and pheromones. Sadly, I think I'm with her character on this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

love is very simple

love is total communication, and therefore negates duality.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I know there is a soulmate for everyone because i found mine after over 20 years and he is the most amazing man in the world.He treats me like a princess and makes me feel like a goddess.You will know its the real thing when u cant live a day without the person.Your heart will skip a beat with every touch,smile,contact with the person.If its meant to be it will be.
Good Luck In Your Quest For Pure Happiness And Love!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How do you know when you have found your soulmate?:

When your minds and hearts become one. When your skin tingles at the touch or words spoken by your partner. When you worry about that person when they are gone for even five minutes more than usual. When you could not imagine living without them

What is love?

Unlimited love is the only truth. Everything else is an illusion.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
love is two poeple meet in the right place and right time

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It's just a chemical reaction in your synapses brought on by synaptic functions and pheromones. Sadly, I think I'm with her character on this one.

That wouldn't even begin to explain the ends I would go to, for my wife's happiness.

I used to once think the same way, until actually finding it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join