It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Oil rig reported explosion 3 hours before fire"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

"Oil rig reported explosion 3 hours before fire"

www.google.com

NEW ORLEANS — The Coast Guard says a crew member from an oil platform that sank off Louisiana reported an initial explosion three hours before the rig went up in flames in a second, larger explosion.

Coast Guard Senior Chief Petty Officer Mike O'Berry says the first blast was reported at 7 p.m. CDT Tuesday.

Later, the rig sent an emergency signal. O'Berry says a nearby rig at the same time reported the Deepwater Horizon was in flames.

He says the rig didn't ask for help during the initial call. The Coast Guard sent help after the emergency signal came.

The Coast Guard is inves
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It would seem that the Oil Rig had an undetermined event far prior to the actual fire that destroyed the rig itself, and took many live's, and it is an untimely date for this too take place, being Earth Day and all, very coincidental at the least. One is left to wonder, whether the first explosion reported, was accident or instead something else entirely.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

It wouldn't be the first time Nazi environmentalists took lives to further their agenda.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Having worked offshore for over 12 years my heart goes out to the families of the missing.

From a friend I talked to that worked with on a vessel servicing that rig, he said they were putting cement arround the casing and they think that somehow Natural Gas was ignited in the casing by the static.

I know from the resulting fire that the blowout prevention on the Sub Sea Tree must have failed.

Hopefuly soon they will have the Rov Video out for us to see.

Also my friend took some Video of the Rig before the fire, during and Sinking.

As soon as he gets off his hitch I will try to get it to post here on ATS!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Something else entirely!!

And to make sure we pay attention, people lost lives, property was destroyed, oh, and just to top it off, the environment takes a hit too.

And...like all good false flags...it is getting MSM attention.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I didn't even see that! Sabatoge? Wow...even better. Of course if it were...I'm gonna say the government put em up to it. And they agreed, because they KNOW if prices for fuel go up we'll stop using those evil environment destroying cars...not that that little oil slick will have no impact of course....just collateral damage in the war on people by the environmentalists.
Tricky.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Look's like the POTUS SWAT teams are looking for more clues now that this is a national event....!!!!
Oh, and "Webpirate" I was here first.....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
People should keep in mind that. On a oil rig you have a lot of wells with a lot of pressure. A rig can have up to 30-60 live wells. A single well that produces gas can have a pressure of 7000 psi in a 6,5" tubing. Or a oil well with a pressure of 2500 psi. In a 7" tubing.

A oil rig also have a production section. Where you would have a lot of Hydrocarbons and gas under pressure on the rig it self. If something goes wrong it can really go wrong. The rig it self is a bomb if it is miss used.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
bump*********

Seriously!!!! SWAT investigators.....what the h$#@ kinda animal is that??? I've been a LEO for years, and ain't never heard of a SWAT investigator, do they do Austrailian Rappel with a full coffee??? Just curious......
Anyway, that's whose got the ball in this here Oil Rig spill thing we got going on, so let's hope they find that all is secure....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here we go, looking for all the angles. Or is it angels?

Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez

VENICE, La. – An oil spill that threatened to eclipse even the Exxon Valdez disaster spread out of control with a faint sheen washing ashore along the Gulf Coast Thursday night as fishermen rushed to scoop up shrimp and crews spread floating barriers around marshes.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This could be a play by play of the Green Technology Investors against the Oil/Gas and Coal Investors.

First there is the coal mine explosion on April 6th that left dozens of workers dead, then the rig explosion off our coast. As one concerned U.S. citizen puts it, "...The Deepwater Horizon oil rig, has an explosion and as if on cue, the media and newspapers scream about pollution in the water and new EPA regulations needed. This all happens about a month after Obama signs an executive order opening up some areas for deepwater drilling,much to his liberal base’s dismay. Am I crazy here or is is it just a little too convenient that in the exact same month that Obama and the senate are starting to push a cap and trade bill,not one ,but TWO catastrophes happen that they rush to portray as proof positive that more EPA regulation is just the cure required? I’ll accept the paranoid moniker,but should we see a natural gas explosion or crisis of some kind-we seem to have a pattern . There is an appropriate saying that the Marines use that I will paraphrase here- “ONCE IS HAPPENSTANCE,TWICE IS A COINCIDENCE,THREE TIMES IS ENEMY ACTION.” It does not escape my notice that each one of Obama’s policy initiatives and the resulting bill, has been precluded by an “emergency” of some sort. One is left to wonder if these crises are generated to get the desired effect or just miraculously happen at just the right time to get an agenda item passed. I’m not a betting woman, but 2 and 2 are not adding up to four here. I will wait very patiently for someone to prove me wrong in my suspicions."

www.redstate.com...

And now here's the third: On Wednesday 2 workers were killed in a Kentucky mine collapse.

www.nytimes.com...

In the meantime, Rush claims it's an environmentalist conspiracy. Now I'm not thinking of someone who hugs trees and loves wildlife here; shoot, I hug trees myself & love all critters, but I think of so called "environmental technology" and the billions of dollars at stake. "The investments are in a number of fields. Gates, for example, has put millions in a firm called Pacific Ethanol. Case has invested in Flexcar, a car sharing service, popular among some urbanites who want a car, but don't want to pay monthly parking bills to house the vehicle. Venture capitalist Doerr has set up a $100 million fund to invest in green technology.

Start-ups are not the only ones picking up on the trend. Major technology companies are now developing and marketing products that are specifically "green," attempting to capitalize on today's high oil prices, and concerns about energy conservation."

www.technewsworld.com...

Then we have a nice bit from the EIA where billions of dollars are at stake with coal investors "...prices should continue to rise in 2006, primarily in response to growing demand from the electric power sector. Coal remains by far the dominant fuel used for electricity generation, accounting for over 40% of worldwide electricity generation and over 50% of U.S. generation. In 2004, fully 92% of all coal consumed was used for electricity generation."

www.businessweek.com...

There could be a possibility that the oil rig explosion was a set up. Just as the World Trade Center bombing is viewed as a set up by many, to which that tradgedy severely impacted thousands of human beings in one way or another, so will this detrimentally impact sea life/wild life.

I do hope to hear from the big wigs like Gates and the other leaders in green environmental technology investments regarding this matter soon as it sure would be nice to hear their take on these reprehensible assumptions floating "around".

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just an afterthought... interstingly enough it happened to be right about the time a "sacrifice by fire" would be "required" for those heavy hardcore evil satanic type folks... wasn't that right about that unholy date?? Just a coincidence I suppose... never mind...RDDS

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Bump. Given the recent claims that N.Korea used "Suicide Subs" to knock this rig down, perhaps the first explosion didn't hit the sweet-spot, but the second vessel did.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Egad people, too much going on to point out the real false flags. Got Iraqi death row inmates roaming free, tennis ball sized nukes, and oil rigs exploding. Not to mention the sky is falling, 'tis true! My children are "9/11 Generation" and fear for their future in the "Hollywood Haze Prison Nation" that we have become. The propaganda has become like a bad CGI movie now, and people are starting to catch on. TPTB will continue to poison our bodies, minds, and souls, and the rollercoaster they made is starting to derail just as planned. Peace and Godspeed, Xenongod

top topics

join