It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Officially Charges Lt. Col. Lakin (Obama Bither).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91247c03cf71.jpg[/atsimg]

Officer demanding proof of eligibility accused of failing to report for duty

The U.S. Army has filed two charges against Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, who earlier posted a video inviting that action, over his refusal to follow orders until Barack Obama documents his eligibility to be commander-in-chief. The documents, filed today and posted on the SafeguardOurConstitution website, which is generating support for the officer, allege violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice Articles 87 and 92.

Formally, Lakin is accused of "through design" missing ""the movement of US Airways Flight Number 1123, departing from Baltimore/Washington International Airport arriving in Charlotte, North Carolina, in order to deploy for a Temporary Change of Station in support of Operation Enduring Freedom with the 32nd Calvary (sic) Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky, with which he was required in the course of duty to move." The second charge accuses Lakin of failing to report "to the office of his Brigade Commander, Colonel Gordon R. Roberts, at 1345 hours, or words to that effect, an order which it was his duty to obey…"

Source: www.wnd.com...

I can't believe the US Army is going to push this issue forward. Trying to call the Lt. Col's bluff I think? Well, I don't think Larkin is bluffing. And remember, this isn't about Lt. Col. Larkin being afraid to go to Iraq/Afgan-he's been there, done that.
He deserves better than Obama as his Commander-in-Chief.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He doesn't have the right to question orders. He follows his Superiors commands or faces what he's got right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes orders are orders and all military men & women know that including the Lt. Colonel.

I am guessing that it is going to be a political nightmare for the Obama adminstration; It should be the final "end all", one way or the other, (from the legal discovery process where records must be produced and become public record) to a question that doesn't seem to go away.

Here is Lt. Colonel Lakin's reasons for doing so as posted on youtube.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I thought this video was interesting gives another insight to all this.

Now what it seems like is this Lt. Col. is sacrificing himself to get to the bottom of all this. The reason why I posted the video above is because from what that guy is saying is that Obama technically meets qualifications. The problem is that the copy Obama submitted wouldn't fly for official documentation to get a loan or whatever.

For the people that can't watch the video he basically says that there is something on the original birth certificate that would allow investigators to pin point what Obama is hiding and blow the whole thing up.

So all I can say is I hope this Lt. Col. has a very good expensive lawyer that can argue that a certified original copy of his birth certificate is needed to prove citizenship. Otherwise this will be the end all and be all to this situation and it will all be swept under the rug and we will never know. Short of somebody breaking into where the records are kept and stealing it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Maybe so... but of course, this was a choice he made and as we all know; there is always more than one choice to make and each one has it's own consequences (positive, negative or neutral). There are so many different (and legit) and purposeful and pointed ways he could have pursued his convictions... this was the one he chose and he is now staring at what came from that. Good luck to him, but beyond that... C'est la vie...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You know whos comments I would really like to hear about all of this?
Barack Obamas.

edit

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Obama's birth certificate will never be part of the trial. It's not part of the charges.

His charges are about willfully missing his deployment and then failure to report for duty.

He is an idiot. He is basing his argument Obama's eligibility to be President. That's not his call. He had moral and legal orders from superior officers, he can question them, but not several dozen levels above him. Military laws are totally different from the crap you see on TV drama.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

That's true, but Obama being questionably eligible is his defense. Part of the case will be why did he dis obey orders. That order to still be fighting in Afghanistan came directly from Obama. There are only a few differences between Military trials and Civilian trials. It isn't a kangaroo court he will have a fair trial. Besides it isn't up to JAG to determine if he is guilty or not it is up to his fellow soldiers. The jury could easily rule that he is not in violation of the code, then the case will go on from there.

The consequences of this case could be huge if it come back he isn't guilty.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Obama's birth certificate will never be part of the trial. It's not part of the charges.

Military laws are totally different from the crap you see on TV drama.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to read this by attorney Jeffrey G. Meeks, former Lt. Colonel, United States Marine Corps (ret) who obviously disagrees with your opinion of military law:

www.jgmeekslaw.com...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I respect all members of military both past and present so I will withhold further comment. I will only say I believe he sacrificed his honorable career for a less than honorable cause.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A retired Army General / National Security Policy Expert's opinion on this matter just released:

www.wnd.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Here's your sources Wiki page. Some very interesting stuff in there. No doubt this guy is not a fan of Obama's.

Wiki

The birth certificate does not have to be produced into evidence as Obama has already been vetted as all Presidents are that he meets the requirements of the Constitution and Congress all accepted him in. Even Republicans.

Show any proof other than speculation that he doesn't meet the requirements. The birther movement has no evidence only accusations and speculation without any solid proof.

Would John McCain have been eligible? He was born in Panama.

This guy just gave up some of his freedom for nothing. He thinks he's a martyr or something. He's a fool in my opinion to put everything on the line without a shred of proof to back up his claim.

But his prosecution will be simply. He failed to follow orders and report for duty. He doesn't get to make the choice on whether the orders are valid or not. He's a fool.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What a bad move. A very stupid move.

It's a shame he got pulled into all that "secret Kenyan/Indonesian" conspiracy malarkey and let it go straight to his head.

I can imagine if every member of the U.S. Military had concerns about the citizenship of their current president, after it was already accepted that he or she was a citizen of course, and they could just refuse orders willy-nilly.

"I heard that Bush was born in China, I ain't going to go report for duty till he proves it to me that he wasn't!"

What a nightmare that would be.
This guy flushed his career over nothing but unsubstantiated claims.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Obama's birth certificate

To think, all he had to do was run a simple Google search...

Then he could have gone back to following orders, and he would have never had to face a court martial.

It's a shame that he decided to throw out his military career based on such a silly, misguided belief. Although, I suppose if he is dumb enough to believe the whole birther thing, then we really don't need him making important decisions for our troops.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I will only say I believe he sacrificed his honorable career for a less than honorable cause.

I would have to say you said it best with that line.

Very sobering thought, when you put it in the big picture.

After seeing all the Birther/Anti-Birther arguemnets and the final results (how I preceived them)- He better have a good atorney. Maybe the Army isn't calling his bluff with a bluff. Maybe they for real about prosecuting him.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the guy too. He is probably a good soldier but he was taken in by these Obama haters. He may very well believe that the birthers are right but it's a shame he didn't research the truth and instead just clinged to whatever Beck and the like fed him. Alas he will be going to the ole stockcade for awhile. The real truth is that soldiers don't get to decide they get to follow orders, he didn't and so down he goes.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What the Lt. Colonel is attempting to do is to get this matter resolved, one way or the other, even if necessary, at the expense of his own career. He apparently previously tried various other non drastic methods including direct contact with the administration to obtain same, with no luck.

He states in his own video that if the one type of copy he is seeking is provided, (the long form) he will be satisfied. (assuming it verifies the data sought)

What has been posted here is not that data, and so the problem continues. The data provided on the link has been brought up many times if you do some research of the data on the net, and is considered "the short form" which is in use by most states for the sake of expediency. From Wikipedia: "Whereas the long form is a "copy of the actual birth record", a short form is a document that certifies the existence of such certificate, and is given a title such as certificate of birth, certification of live birth, or certificate of birth registration."
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

We here, as members of ATS are alledgely seeking the truth about a variety of issues in our life/society, and should be at least willing to listen to both sides of the story before making a final determination of the matter. Do we all have the right to our own opinions in the meantime? Absolutely.

Is there a conspiracy in this whole matter? Who knows? Is this an issue that can be resolved, once and for all? Absolutely, one of the rare times one can say "yes" and end this thing forever.

Are politics regarding this issue involved? Of course, politics are involved in most issues. In my opinion is the Lt. Colonel pursuing this claim for political reasons? No. I believe he is pursuing same as an American who is actually concerned about America and its future as many people are regardless of their political affiliations.

Will he win? Who knows. He could obtain thru discovery, a copy of "the long form", and it validates everything Obama has stated. He may then have finally resolved an issue, but have to deal with charges for refusal to obey orders, and end up either dishonorably discharged, or in prison. Does he realize all of this? Of course.

Will this matter ever end? I hope so, and soon. We have a lot of issues to deal with in our country and the world, and need to move on.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

For one thing, that guy in the video doesn't know what he's talking about. Those of us who have been researching this since the MOMENT it came out have done significantly more research and have the answers to his questions. He should have read ATS before making that mis-informed video.

Obama's eligibility will NOT be a part of this trial. If a man kills his wife because he believes she's cheating, the court is not obligated to prove to him that she wasn't cheating. They just have to prove that he committed murder.

Same here. They're accusing Lakin of missing his plane and failure to report. It doesn't matter WHAT the reason is, short of physical impossibility, he is guilty of these actions and will be found so. Obama's eligibility will never enter into it.

It's very sad that Lakin did this for nothing. I can't imagine he thought it would actually resolve anything...

Originally posted by manta78
He states in his own video that if the one type of copy he is seeking is provided, (the long form) he will be satisfied. (assuming it verifies the data sought)

He's lucky he's not being additionally charged with extortion.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I believe the military is going to make an example of him to stop this ludicrous behavior. Follow orders or go to jail. It's always been that way in the military.

It's unfortunate he didn't call a good attorney before making this decision. Because they would have told him you have nothing. If he did consult an attorney then he should fire them and get new ones before his trial.

Some levity

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by anon72

Maybe so... but of course, this was a choice he made and as we all know; there is always more than one choice to make and each one has it's own consequences (positive, negative or neutral). There are so many different (and legit) and purposeful and pointed ways he could have pursued his convictions... this was the one he chose and he is now staring at what came from that. Good luck to him, but beyond that... C'est la vie...

As far as what I know, this man enlisted many years before Obama was commander in chief. So he's doing the right thing. Why would anybody take orders from a president that might not be legit. I hope more soldiers do the same thing. I don't find it patriotic at all to support your country when its run by puppet presidents working against you and I and only for the corporate elite and the military complex. Many soldiers enlisted when they were young and had no where else to go to make a living. Many thought they could make a difference and fight the war on terror only to find out they themselves are the terrorists. Many didn't know they're representing a puppet government. Most of you people here on ATS were not born awake and aware of all the corruption going on. Many are just waking up now. As far as I'm concerned, there is no law that can stand in the way of doing what is right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join