It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding S. 843 - Closing the Gun Show Loophole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
S.843 is an attempt to register and close the private sales loophole in gun shows.

www.opencongress.org...

The fallowing is an e-mail I sent to the WA state senators, I'm not sure if I made the appropriate message, but regardless I thought you all should read it and participate.

I advocate everybody takes action against this bill, and everyone has my permission to copy or imitate my message for use of taking action against the bill.

--------------------------------------

Dear Senators Cantwell and Murray,

I'm sending this message as a voice of opinion and demand of action against S.843 which is an infringement on rights which is an attempt to restrict private sales of fire-arms in established gun shows.

Regardless of beliefs and personal use of firearms, I protest restriction and surveillance on a private level by the Federal Government or any agency in relation to the Federal Government. I recognize any attempt to or support of such an act as an infringement of rights and a treason of oath in the U.S. Republic; even regardless of democratical majority without the due process of a constitutional amendment.

Besides the viewpoint of law and due process, placing laws on private sales will not stop gun trafficking to gangs and dangerous groups, who do not voluntarily abide by the law. Gun trafficking is heavily due to poorly controlled U.S. borders. But, if this was for to public safety, the advocation of private gun ownership, concealed carry, and armed homes would be prominent as a way for people to defend against criminals, as well as deter crime as criminals will be more afraid of people being armed.

This is in reflection to one of many towns who have mandated all homeowners posses a firearm who had their crime rate plummet:

www.associatedcont...ip..._is_mandatory_for.html

And a rise in gun violence in Australia since their gun ban has been in affect:

www.wnd.com...

Thankyou,
J.D.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not as many people interested in this bill as I thought, hm :/ lazy people.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the info - I will fight this bill as best I can, as Nevada is one of the few states left with gun show freedom.

I also think that Nevada won't go down on this without a SERIOUS fight. Look at what Nevadan's did with Yucca Mountain. That will be beans in a can compared to the opposition the feds will get over gun Show issues like this one.

S&F!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Not as many people interested in this bill as I thought, hm :/ lazy people.

Im with you bro. I sent emails to friends and colleagues to email reps. This most likely wont make it to fruition, but I will make my stand and voice heard for sure.

You think this is scary, you should check out the CIFTA treaty which the UN proposes to regulate firearms in all UN countries. A treaty the ol Prez has eyed.

They try passing this "loophole" bill it will meet heavy opposition in civil suits. States, as they are starting to assert their authority, may also neglect and override this bill and allow private arms to be sold within their respected states. Arizona for sure.

top topics

join