It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 protest to RAISE taxes and to "Chop from the Top"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

there is a huge difference between a free market and a government that encourages bad investments.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

This is just the start. We aren't going to take losing millions of teachers, police, infrastructure, and other workers. This IS society. The government is OURS, or at least it should be. The backlash to the teaparty movement will be huge. Hell, even most of the tea partiers admit they love their social security, medicare, govt. services etc....

I agree....and most tea partiers will never agree on any single budget cut. They want smaller government but if you asked MOST of them...the vast majority would not agree on anything.

I think this is the beginning...that is...if the corporate media reports it.

Does anyone know if this has been reported in the MSM?

Fox? MSNBC? CNN?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

This is just the start. We aren't going to take losing millions of teachers, police, infrastructure, and other workers. This IS society. The government is OURS, or at least it should be. The backlash to the teaparty movement will be huge. Hell, even most of the tea partiers admit they love their social security, medicare, govt. services etc....

I agree....and most tea partiers will never agree on any single budget cut. They want smaller government but if you asked MOST of them...the vast majority would not agree on anything.

I think this is the beginning...that is...if the corporate media reports it.

Does anyone know if this has been reported in the MSM?

Fox? MSNBC? CNN?

Only Maddow reported on it (very well) yesterday, as far as I know. Watch these, they're good (clip 3 is unrelated, yet epic in its own right):

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/22/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by Janky Red

No it's only free when it is absent regulatory authority. The boom is the reason for the bust, the boom was created by government mandate (manipulating the currency). Thus Government created the bust, because the rate at some point will have to change in order to salvage what is left of the currency. Remember, the FED regulates the banking industry, and the SEC allowed the manipulation to happen with NO disclosure.

You complain about the interference that big corporations have within the market. Yet you are not angry at the Government for creating those Corporations. Corporations are, quite literally, creations of the State, as they cannot exist with state sponsorship.

Knowing these things it is puzzling to me why a person would purport to support the government to save the middle class, yet not realize that the government created the vehicles that steamrolled the middle class over.

Market intervention = Government manipulation

Free Market = absence of Government manipulation

The Free Market does not intervene on itself.

In short : Stabilization IS Chaos.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by aravoth]

I am angry at both.

Do you think the FED put a gun to the money market managers heads

"Money Market manager!"

"YES"

"I want to you to invest pensioners funds in garbage and then I want you to bet against your own professional activities on the side"

"SURE BOSS, I will bite the bullet and make a Billion off of my own manufactured incompetence,,, just for you though"

You advocate a free market, but is that not just the pursuit of letting capital dictate
law?

I cannot even get a human being on the phone?

"Press two to speak to a representative" (and get disconnected)

Are you saying my concerns cannot be address because I don't have the capital to play the game?

Free market= people with MONEY MAKE THE RULES, DETERMINE FINES, ACCESS, RECOURSE, ETC...

IMO you are suggesting a world that is just as utopian as communism.

what am I missing?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

there is a huge difference between a free market and a government that encourages bad investments.

Get a new religion, buddy. Your's has failed, miserably. Foxes CANNOT be trusted to watch OUR henhouses!

WE NEED REGULATION!

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am all for those that can pay, pay. I also can tell you I don't itemize my taxes. No matter how much my wife and I earn, we use the short form. That's just they way we are. I guess we are "patriotic". heh, Yeah, you're right, Joe Biden, paying taxes is partiotic.

I've done my part. Not doing the tax return dance. Just take the basic short form deductions.

Some people call us idiots. Heh. Like we care.

But for anyone to go about yelling for more taxes. and asking the government to raise thier taxes? Um, well, just go and pay more taxes than you owe according to the tax rules. How about that? You know Jimmy Carter, when he was president paid extra money to the IRS. when he was POTUS, because he believed he owed the government more than he was reqiroed to pay?

Anyone who believes they are not paying enough to the government, then just send more money to the government. WTF is your problem? give, give, give. Okay? Don't worry if you give more than me. I don't worry if I give more than you. I probably do. But it all doesn't matter. I pay more than I need to. So, pay more than you need to, as well. You know what I think when somebody stands in a demonstration and demands the government tax them more? I agree. Tax the person, personally, more.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Get a new religion, buddy. Your's has failed, miserably. Foxes CANNOT be trusted to watch OUR henhouses!

WE NEED REGULATION!

Best,
Skunknuts

I have no doubt in my mind, that you need regulation.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Boy, I wish I had the "gang" to get my positions pushed to the top constantly.

YeY! Let's raise the effective tax rate on the people to 90% instead of the 75% we have now.

Yey! Tax increases!

Yey! Less Jobs!

Yey! More poor people!

Yey! More government control!

Yey! Frelling idiots.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I am all for those that can pay, pay. I also can tell you I don't itemize my taxes. No matter how much my wife and I earn, we use the short form. That's just they way we are. I guess we are "patriotic". heh, Yeah, you're right, Joe Biden, paying taxes is partiotic.

I've done my part. Not doing the tax return dance. Just take the basic short form deductions.

Some people call us idiots. Heh. Like we care.

But for anyone to go about yelling for more taxes. and asking the government to raise thier taxes? Um, well, just go and pay more taxes than you owe according to the tax rules. How about that? You know Jimmy Carter, when he was president paid extra money to the IRS. when he was POTUS, because he believed he owed the government more than he was reqiroed to pay?

Anyone who believes they are not paying enough to the government, then just send more money to the government. WTF is your problem? give, give, give. Okay? Don't worry if you give more than me. I don't worry if I give more than you. I probably do. But it all doesn't matter. I pay more than I need to. So, pay more than you need to, as well. You know what I think when somebody stands in a demonstration and demands the government tax them more? I agree. Tax the person, personally, more.

You and I surely already pay enough in taxes. That's not what I mean (to further rape the middle class). We are the one's enabling the kleptocrats to make out like rotten bandits....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

OK, fair enough

So I have to be subject to the rules dictated by wealth?

Because if I read between the lines, my democratic prerogative and my recourse is subject to what others deem as savory outside the processes of government.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

WE NEED REGULATION!

Best,
Skunknuts

I have no doubt in my mind, that you need regulation.

Is that supposed to be a burn?

I didn't rape the middle class and almost cause a great depression, no?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I am angry at both.

"Money Market manager!"

"YES"

"I want to you to invest pensioners funds in garbage and then I want you to bet against your own professional activities on the side"

"SURE BOSS, I will bite the bullet and make a Billion off of my own manufactured incompetence,,, just for you though"

You advocate a free market, but is that not just the pursuit of letting capital dictate
law?

Are you saying my concerns cannot be address because I don't have the capital to play the game?

Free market= people with MONEY MAKE THE RULES, DETERMINE FINES, ACCESS, RECOURSE, ETC...

what am I missing?

Communism would guarantee you something, a job, a house, etc. The free market guarantees nothing.

And money always has made the rules the market demanded a means of exchange, and it found that in gold. If there was no means of exchange, them transactions would be completed by the tip of a sword, instead of an exchange of goods.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

[Communism would guarantee you something, a job, a house, etc. The free market guarantees nothing.

And money always has made the rules the market demanded a means of exchange, and it found that in gold. If there was no means of exchange, them transactions would be completed by the tip of a sword, instead of an exchange of goods.

Well, here's the republican's idea of an awesome free market. Who needs obamacare?:

[edit on 4/22/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Don't you End?

Your buds roll in with beach chairs, awesome signs, grassroots tour buses and
in some cases, some pretty cool steal...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Don't you End?
Your buds rolls in with beach chairs, awesome signs, grassroots tour buses and
in some cases, some pretty cool steal...

Okay, that was pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Who do you fight for EndisNighe? Call me crazy...but I can't help but think that you must be one of the 400 families who's wealth equals 50 percent of THE REST OF THE COUNTRY. 150,000,000 million people....equals what....1000 or 2000 maybe?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I fimely agree that they should not be firing thousands of teachers, and healthcare workers, firemen and police. There are plenty of cuts that can be made before cutting these essential services. Lets cut the percentage the state contribiutes to all state enployees,pension plans. Lets freeze all state enployess pay for a given period. cut welfare benifits to anyone who has been on state welfare rolls for more than 2 yrs. close pools, cut staff at libraries, close community centers, turn every other street light out at night. Whats the mantra? These are peoples jobs and lives were talking about> you want a pool to swim in this summer or a teacher this fall?>

The one thing I do disagree with is raising taxes to meet the buget shortfall. Its time gov. started living within its limits. they cannot and should do everything, and cant afford to do so if they wanted.

Its enough! The taxes collected this year should be the benchmark. No more from this point on. Its time for those in power to start making choices. This is how much you have to spend, period.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

But, but, but surely the ultra-rich kleptocrats earned their vast riches (that will surely drip, drip, drip trickle down to us peons) with lots of honest, hard work.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am angry at both.

"Money Market manager!"

"YES"

law?

what am I missing?

Communism would guarantee you something, a job, a house, etc. The free market guarantees nothing.

Well Fortunately America recognizes the concept of law.

Money made the rules in the Feudal system too, they also had swords.

But I digress, the modern sword is the lack of access to recourse as we have ONE PARTY CONTRACTS.

One party dictates, the individual capitulates or is denied access to modernity.

I need a credit card to buy food on an airplane

My bank will not protect my assets when my account is billed for services I did not request because THEY dictate the procedure.

I am billed for receiving a text message

I can go on, for pages

DO you have a couple million so I can defend myself with a lawyer, ol buddy ol pal?

Or am I too small to matter?

You seem to think this nation is still a face to face nation, Ben Franklin spoke of the vital importance of TWO party negotiation, however we are in a world of 1 party
contracts, it seems Ben did not account for this expansion.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

But, but, but surely the ultra-rich kleptocrats earned their vast riches (that will surely drip, drip, drip trickle down to us peons) with lots of honest, hard work

Yep, trickle down economics worked. The proof is here!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the vids btw....you'd think with the VAST AMOUNT of conspirators here...this would have been posted immediately about the media not reporting it!

Instead let's listen to Glen Beck and agree with him on why we need to make drastic cuts in social programs and give tax cuts to the rich and corporations.

Sounds good to me!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join