It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

15,000 protest to RAISE taxes and to "Chop from the Top"

page: 10
13
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by Janky Red
 


Do you have a quote or reference for your claim about the $3 million grassroots union tour buses?

I can't find any source or quote to back that up.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING A SOURCE OR QUOTE TO BACK UP YOUR OTHERWISE ORIGINAL COMMENT.


I was being satirical and referring to the TEA PARTY TOUR BUSES and the "grass roots"
proclamations made by the movement.

Humor

Levity

In fact the buses only cost $500,000 to a $1,000,000, my EXAGGERATION was to extenuate the underlying humor of the grass roots moniker.

But really your sourceathon is failing to get your point across, sorry




posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by Janky Red
 


Do you have a quote or reference for your claim about the $3 million grassroots union tour buses?

I can't find any source or quote to back that up.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING A SOURCE OR QUOTE TO BACK UP YOUR OTHERWISE ORIGINAL COMMENT.


Have a discussion, and stop using google, or leave.

No one gives a damn bout e-books. I'm published, and I don't flaunt it here.



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth
 


YOU:


Government sponsored unions couldn't afford it, they already blew the money on 1400 dollar pizza cutters and 30,000 dollar toilet seats.


ME:



That's the MILITARY -- not unions! www.wnd.com... The military procurement horror tales of the early 1980s -- immortalized by the $435 claw hammer, the $640 toilet seat and $7,600 coffee makers -- have returned, say investigators, The Pentagon is paying 618 percent more for its spare parts than it should, according to the inspector general's report, titled "Commercial Spare Parts Purchased on a Corporate Contract." It cited a $24.72 spare part that the government bought from Boeing for $403.39 -- a markup of 1,532 percent. Another contractor charged $76 for 57-cent screws.



Let's see

1) you claim increase in wages cause inflation -- which I DIRECTLY DISPROVED.

YOU:


lol, "proud union member".. whatever. Thanks for inflating the cost of living with your "decent wage".


ME:


www.wisegeek.com... This article, like most, completely overlooks the most important feature of a minimum wage: redressing the balance between high earners and low earners. For example, the Waltons each year currently earn seven hundred thousand times what their average worker makes in a year. A minimum wage might mean that the poor Waltons would have to settle for making only six hundred thousand times what their average worker makes in a year without the price of anything having to be adjusted in the slightest. www.clevelandfed.org... It turns out that the vast majority of the published evidence suggests that there is little reason to believe that wage inflation causes price inflation. In fact, it is more often found that price inflation causes wage inflation.


2) you claim the 0% Fed rate is the cause of the economic crisis -- which I DIRECTLY DISPROVED.

YOU:


Originally posted by aravoth reply to post by David9176 the one where the prime rate was near zero for the last 12 years


ME:


www.alternet.org... At first, investors mostly gambled that interest or currency exchange rates would go up or down. Then, during the 1990s, when interest rates were low around the world, the demand for more exotic "structured" investments -- including various derivatives and swaps based on debt -- skyrocketed.



3) you claim the government creates corporations -- which I DIRECTLY DISPROVED.

YOU:


Yet you are not angry at the Government for creating those Corporations. Corporations are, quite literally, creations of the State, as they cannot exist with state sponsorship.


ME:




WALL STREET creates the ultimate governments! www.reformed-theology.org... Wall Street and the World Revolution American Bankers and Tsarist Loans Olof Aschberg in New York, 1916 American International Corporation The Influence of American International on the Revolution The Federal Reserve Bank of New York American-Russian Industrial Syndicate Inc. John Reed: Establishment Revolutionary www.reformed-theology.org... Chapter One Wall Street Paves the Way for Hitler 1924: The Dawes Plan 1928: The Young Plan B.I.S. — The Apex of Control Building the German Cartels Chapter Two The Empire of I.G. Farben The Economic Power of I.G. Farben Polishing I.G. Farben's Image The American I.G. Farben Chapter Three General Electric Funds Hitler General Electric in Weimar, Germany General Electric & the Financing of Hitler Technical Cooperation with Krupp A.E.G. Avoids the Bombs in World War II Chapter Four Standard Oil Duels World War II Ethyl Lead for the Wehrmacht Standard Oil and Synthetic Rubber The Deutsche-Amerikanische Petroleum A.G. Chapter Five I.T.T. Works Both Sides of the War Baron Kurt von Schröder and I.T.T. Westrick, Texaco, and I.T.T. I.T.T. in Wartime Germany


4) you claim that the free market is the answer and used Somalia as an example -- which I DIRECTLY DISPROVED.

YOU:



"Despite the seeming anarchy, Somalia's service sector has managed to survive and grow. Telecommunication firms provide wireless services in most major cities and offer the lowest international call rates on the continent. In the absence of a formal banking sector, money exchange services have sprouted throughout the country, handling between $500 million and $1 billion in remittances annually. Mogadishu's main market offers a variety of goods from food to the newest electronic gadgets. Hotels continue to operate, and militias provide security."


ME:


No doubt -- slavery is the ultimate Free Market! www.financialpost.com... HARADHEERE, Somalia -- In Somalia's main pirate lair of Haradheere, the sea gangs have set up a cooperative to fund their hijackings offshore, a sort of stock exchange meets criminal syndicate. Heavily armed pirates from the lawless Horn of Africa nation have terrorized shipping lanes in the Indian Ocean and strategic Gulf of Aden, which links Europe to Asia through the Red Sea. The gangs have made tens of millions of dollars from ransoms and a deployment by foreign navies in the area has only appeared to drive the attackers to hunt further from shore. It is a lucrative business that has drawn financiers from the Somali diaspora and other nations -- and now the gangs in Haradheere have set up an exchange to manage their investments. Read more: www.financialpost.com...



Anything else you want to claim?

Go ahead -- make a claim and I will DIRECTLY DISPROVE IT.

pel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by aravoth
 


No doubt -- slavery is the ultimate Free Market!



I guess you would enjoy the life of a sweatshop worker, or waiting in bread lines for your government handout.

You are a slave. The free market has nothing to do with that.


Nope I would not enjoy the life of a sweatshop worker, nor waiting in bread lines for my government handout.

No I am not a slave. The free market has everything to do with slavery.

www.culturekiosque.com...



Philadelphia - At a Wharton Business School conference on business in Africa, World Trade Organization representative Hanniford Schmidt announced the creation of a WTO initiative for "full private stewardry of labor" for the parts of Africa that have been hardest hit by the 500 years of Africa's free trade with the West. US Trade Representative Laurie Ann Agama, with "Schmidt" and "Thomas" The initiative will require Western companies doing business in some parts of Africa to own their workers outright. Schmidt recounted how private stewardship has been successfully applied to transport, power, water, traditional knowledge, and even the human genome. The WTO's "full private stewardry" program will extend these successes to (re)privatize humans themselves.





To prove that human stewardry can work, Schmidt cited a proposal by a free-market think tank to save whales by selling them. "Those who don't like whaling can purchase rights to specific whales or groups of whales in order to stop those particular whales from getting whaled as much," he explained. Similarly, the market in Third-World humans will "empower" caring First Worlders to help them, Schmidt said.


[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by aravoth
 


No doubt -- slavery is the ultimate Free Market!



I guess you would enjoy the life of a sweatshop worker, or waiting in bread lines for your government handout.

You are a slave. The free market has nothing to do with that.


Nope I would not enjoy the life of a sweatshop worker, nor waiting in bread lines for my government handout.

No I am not a slave. The free market has everything to do with slavery.


Again, it's literally like I'm arguing against Chomsky right now. Do you know why that is? Because all you do is parrot other peoples idea's.

I never said Somalia was the answer, I said if Somalia is the end-game of the free market, then North Korea is the endgame of regulation. Pointing out that using either to illustate an economic point is ridiculous. Either you know that and are just being a fool, or you are severely confused.

I don't mind continuing this discussion with any of you, but before this discussion continues any further, I think it would be beneficial for us to define "The Free Market", and agree on that definition. It obviously means something different to me than it does to you. The Reason I say that is because you tell me that the free market is slavery, but then you use examples from a corporatist system to prove your point. Which doesn't do your argument any justice.

What say you.



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hey if you're backpedaling about Somalia that's fine with me. I live in Minneapolis which has the largest Somalian refugee community in the U.S. I happened to hang with the Somalians for several years so I'm familiar with the whole Somalian "free market" argument.

Also my Dad is big on the "free market" right-wing bull# -- so he's had me read all their tracts: Hudson Institute, Hoover Institute, American Enterprise Institute, Cato Institute, Heritage Foundation, Hudson Institute, etc.

These dudes are LACKEYS for the MAN -- they are corporate funded as a TAX DEDUCTION and they were set up to fight Ralph Nader back in the 1970s. Just see the documentary on Nader: An Unreasonable Man.

As for comparing me with Chomsky well here's from my masters thesis which I linked previously:

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...



Noam Chomsky, the most-well known proponent of anarchism, bases his theory in the arguments of freedom found in classical liberalism. Anarcho-primitivist John Zerzan has, like some other grassroots activists working for social justice, incorrectly critiqued Chomsky, mainly labeling him as a statist or a pro-technology industrialist. The expositions on anarchism that are classic anti-statist documents and, according to Chomsky, the best theoretical overviews of anarchism to date are, for the most part, unknown even by those who claim to be anarchists! Most theorists looking to climb the intellectual ladder are too quick to want to dethrone Chomsky, assuming the details in his prolific writings are not worth the time.334 As far as Chomsky being a pro-technology industrialist, on the contrary, he was one of the first main New Left theorists to support a questioning of this issue. He states, "Students are also reacting against the values of industrial society.... In fact, there may be very serious questioning, in coming years, of the basic assumption of modern society that development of technology is inherently a desirable, inevitable process."335

Although one would think Chomsky would be hesitant to support sound-current nondualism since he frequently cites his strong roots in the Enlightenment. But I have shown that there is nothing irrational about the knowledge system. Chomsky, as I mentioned, was largely influenced by the spiritual scholar Martin Buber. Chomsky refers more than once to Wilhelm von Humboldt's promotion of "the spiritual life." Chomsky commonly states that there will need to be a change of consciousness for justice to be achieved. The passage of Rousseau that Chomsky refers to regularly for his example of freedom emphasizes an "against civilization" perspective: "... when I see multitudes of entirely naked savages scorn European voluptuousness and endure hunger, fire, the sword and death to preserve only their independence,..."336 Even though Chomsky's political analysis is understandably marginalized by the corporate-state structural crisis that he exposes, a recent review in Business Week made the following remarks: "With relentless logic, Chomsky bids us to listen closely to what our leaders tell us ( and to discern what they are leaving out.... If there is anything new about our age, it is that the questions Chomsky raises will eventually have to be answered. Agree with him or not, we lose out by not listening." 337


Go ahead give your definition of the Free Market.

As I said: MAKE YOUR CLAIM.

I wrote a paper in my Environmental Economics class as an undergraduate at UW-Madison:

THE INCORRECT SUPPLY AND DEMAND MODEL.

Go for it.

baselinescenario.com...-7299



There is no question that the megabanks derive great power and enormous profit from their web of official contacts. We should reflect carefully on whether such private flows of information between governments and “too big to fail” banks are entirely suitable in today’s unstable financial world. Large global banks make money, in part, through nontransparent manipulation of information – this is the heart of the SEC charges against Goldman Sachs. But the problem is much broader: the Wall Street-Washington corridor is alive and well on its way to another crisis that will empower, enrich, and embolden insiders (public and private) while impoverishing the rest of us. The big players on Wall Street are powerful like never before – and they use this power to press for information and favors from sympathetic (or scared) government officials. The big banks also appear hell-bent on abusing that power. One consequence will be further destabilizing global financial markets – watch carefully what happens to Greece, Portugal, Ireland, and Spain at the beginning of next week.


www.youtube.com...

Yeah that National Inflation Association vid was very cool.

I would only say that the MILITARY is the unknown factor in their equation.

Money is FIAT because of the military -- so we have "fiat" or veto power over Japan and Germany due to our military controlling the oil in the Middle East.

Not that I agree with this -- but it has to remain hidden.

Chomsky emphasizes this point! That Europe and Japan and China, etc. have direct socialism - national intervention in the economy to subsidize manufacturing. In the U.S. it's NOT direct -- it's trickle down through the military!

So airplanes, computers, microwaves, etc. were originally military technology and then were subsidized as they got transferred to commercial technology -- Reagan did this!

But the buy off on this military secret is, again, to control other nation's access to vital resources and therefore make them dependent on selling to us their manufactured products -- which are produced through U.S. partnerships -- many U.S. companies make more money abroad than domestically.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Hey if you're backpedaling about Somalia that's fine with me. I live in Minneapolis which has the largest Somalian refugee community in the U.S. I happened to hang with the Somalians for several years so I'm familiar with the whole Somalian "free market" argument.

Also my Dad is big on the "free market" right-wing bull# -- so he's had me read all their tracts: Hudson Institute, Hoover Institute, American Enterprise Institute, Cato Institute, Heritage Foundation, Hudson Institute, etc.

These dudes are LACKEYS for the MAN -- they are corporate funded as a TAX DEDUCTION and they were set up to fight Ralph Nader back in the 1970s. Just see the documentary on Nader: An Unreasonable Man.

As for comparing me with Chomsky well here's from my masters thesis which I linked previously:

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...



Noam Chomsky, the most-well known proponent of anarchism, bases his theory in the arguments of freedom found in classical liberalism. Anarcho-primitivist John Zerzan has, like some other grassroots activists working for social justice, incorrectly critiqued Chomsky, mainly labeling him as a statist or a pro-technology industrialist. The expositions on anarchism that are classic anti-statist documents and, according to Chomsky, the best theoretical overviews of anarchism to date are, for the most part, unknown even by those who claim to be anarchists! Most theorists looking to climb the intellectual ladder are too quick to want to dethrone Chomsky, assuming the details in his prolific writings are not worth the time.334 As far as Chomsky being a pro-technology industrialist, on the contrary, he was one of the first main New Left theorists to support a questioning of this issue. He states, "Students are also reacting against the values of industrial society.... In fact, there may be very serious questioning, in coming years, of the basic assumption of modern society that development of technology is inherently a desirable, inevitable process."335

Although one would think Chomsky would be hesitant to support sound-current nondualism since he frequently cites his strong roots in the Enlightenment. But I have shown that there is nothing irrational about the knowledge system. Chomsky, as I mentioned, was largely influenced by the spiritual scholar Martin Buber. Chomsky refers more than once to Wilhelm von Humboldt's promotion of "the spiritual life." Chomsky commonly states that there will need to be a change of consciousness for justice to be achieved. The passage of Rousseau that Chomsky refers to regularly for his example of freedom emphasizes an "against civilization" perspective: "... when I see multitudes of entirely naked savages scorn European voluptuousness and endure hunger, fire, the sword and death to preserve only their independence,..."336 Even though Chomsky's political analysis is understandably marginalized by the corporate-state structural crisis that he exposes, a recent review in Business Week made the following remarks: "With relentless logic, Chomsky bids us to listen closely to what our leaders tell us ( and to discern what they are leaving out.... If there is anything new about our age, it is that the questions Chomsky raises will eventually have to be answered. Agree with him or not, we lose out by not listening." 337


Go ahead give your definition of the Free Market.

As I said: MAKE YOUR CLAIM.

I wrote a paper in my Environmental Economics class as an undergraduate at UW-Madison:

THE INCORRECT SUPPLY AND DEMAND MODEL.

Go for it.

baselinescenario.com...-7299



There is no question that the megabanks derive great power and enormous profit from their web of official contacts. We should reflect carefully on whether such private flows of information between governments and “too big to fail” banks are entirely suitable in today’s unstable financial world. Large global banks make money, in part, through nontransparent manipulation of information – this is the heart of the SEC charges against Goldman Sachs. But the problem is much broader: the Wall Street-Washington corridor is alive and well on its way to another crisis that will empower, enrich, and embolden insiders (public and private) while impoverishing the rest of us. The big players on Wall Street are powerful like never before – and they use this power to press for information and favors from sympathetic (or scared) government officials. The big banks also appear hell-bent on abusing that power. One consequence will be further destabilizing global financial markets – watch carefully what happens to Greece, Portugal, Ireland, and Spain at the beginning of next week.


www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]


I'm not backpedaling on anything, go back and read what I said.

I don't care about your thesis, nor do I care what school you went to.

I asked you to define a free market. In your own words preferably.

Who told you I was right wing? I don't give a crap about CATO or the Heritage Foundation.

Arguing with me like I'm some foolish Foxnews addict will go nowhere

[edit on 24-4-2010 by aravoth]



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel
 


You know what? You can't even speak for yourself on your own blog. All you do is cite outside sources.

lol, and you may just be the only person on earth that thinks an artificially low interest rate and encouraged investment into the housing market had nothing to do with real estate crashing.

And you think that an increase in the money supply has nothing to do with inflation...... when that is, in fact, the very definition of it. And the source you cite for that ridiculously stupid comment is the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland? Rofl, you are a riot!

Corporations cannot exist without the state. Period.

Furthering your display of ignorance, you move on to cite an article which details a WTO initiative for the "full private stewardry of labor". Which cites a "free market" think tank that came up with the idea of "selling wales". Which would be market manipulation, which would not constitute a free market. Secondly, The WTO is an international regulatory body created by Governments around the world, and it is that body that is proposing private ownership of humans.

So explain to me how an international regulatory body (created by governments) advocating for slavery, is an example of the "free market".

You are without a doubt, the most confused man on earth

You have directly disproved nothing.

Again, please, define a free market in your own words. I know you don't want too. Because if you did define what a free market is, then you wouldn't be able to blame the worlds ills on it, and all those horrible writings on your blog would be grossly inaccurate.







[edit on 24-4-2010 by aravoth]



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by drew hempel
 


You know what? You can't even speak for yourself on your own blog. All you do is cite outside sources.


I already gave you my links for my masters thesis, online articles, interviews, etc.

My online articles, blogbook, masters thesis, and lulu.com book -- full free preview: www.nonduality.com... www.nonduality.com... www.lulu.com... mierdakosmika.net... www.hiddenmysteries.org... naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... web.archive.org... www.viewzone.com... www.mind-energy.net... www.mind-energy.net... www.mind-energy.net... www.martialdevelopment.com...

You do understand that FORM is CONTENT - hence my reliance on sources and quotes in my debate with you. If you were not going to engage with the substance of my personal writing then why should I engage yours? Nope -- better to inundate you with all the other researchers out there so you're forced to engage with REALITY.

Time to leave the Mises cult!


lol, and you may just be the only person on earth that thinks an artificially low interest rate and encouraged investment into the housing market had nothing to do with real estate crashing.


And show any evidence where I said that -- quote by chance? NO YOU CAN'T BECAUSE I NEVER SAID THAT.

What I quoted was that at first there was speculative investment on currency trading due to changes in the interest rate.

O.K. - -in 1973 the U.S. went to a floating currency rate and then speculative trading ballooned to it now being 97% of foreign transactions!!

I gave the reference for that. So the "crisis" is NOT due to simply lowering the rate to zero. It's MORE than that.


And you think that an increase in the money supply has nothing to do with inflation...... when that is, in fact, the very definition of it. And the source you cite for that ridiculously stupid comment is the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland? Rofl, you are a riot!


Again show me where I said money supply has nothing to do with inflation -- you got it turned around. INCREASING MONEY SUPPLY IS DEFLATION. You know that's the case because the Mises cult knows that as well.

The Fed is made up of Private Banks -- be it Minneapolis or Cleveland or New York.


Corporations cannot exist without the state. Period.


Now here's where you don't have your history correct. I already recommended to you poclad.org... -- didn't read it? Corporations were originally commissioned by DIVINE RULE of the KING. The King is not the "state" -- the King has "sovereignty" by God, etc. Then after the revolution against England corporations were REVOKED by the STATE - the United States. But then in the late 1880s -- AFTER THE CIVIL WAR -- the corporations were given legal personhood which means they're protected by the Bill of Rights based on the COMMERCE CLAUSE of the Constitution.

Now why is that the case? Thomas Jefferson and James Madison wanted concentrated monopolies to be included in the Bill of Rights -- citizens should be protected from them? But, as Chomsky exposes, the other ARISTOCRATS that created the Constitution believed that ONLY THE WEALTHY SHOULD RULE.

This goes back to the banking system of the West set up by the secret societies -- the Templars mainly -- and then the merchant class increased rule against the "divine kings" -- so that the corporate charters created by the King in the New World were eventually challenged by the merchant class. At first it was the King of England challenging the monks and monasteries of the Church -- so the monastery feudal land was confiscated but then this new land was used to increase the merchant class. At first it was trading wool but eventually it moved into cotton, sugar, tobacco, tea, slaves, and rum mainly. Finally it was industrial manufacturing -- steam engine powered technology.



Furthering your display of ignorance, you move on to cite an article which details a WTO initiative for the "full private stewardry of labor". Which cites a "free market" think tank that came up with the idea of "selling wales". Which would be market manipulation, which would not constitute a free market. Secondly, The WTO is an international regulatory body created by Governments around the world, and it is that body that is proposing private ownership of humans.

So explain to me how an international regulatory body (created by governments) advocating for slavery, is an example of the "free market".


HA -- apparently you didn't notice that was a PARODY on the FAKE corporate libertarian FREE MARKET LIES -- it was a stunt pulled off by the YES! MEN -- and it WAS SUPPORTED BY THE WTO AFRICA REPRESENTATIVE!!


You are without a doubt, the most confused man on earth

You have directly disproved nothing.


So you haven't read my links very clearly have you? haha. As for "proving" -- guess what that's a WESTERN concept!!! Proof? Logic by itself goes beyond the necessity for any physical proof and relying on technology to measure an empirical situation in itself changes the context for the proof itself!

This is called either the Macro Heisenberg Effect or the Technolgical Infinite Regress, etc. I call it Natural Resonance Racemization -- as per my ORIGINAL RESEARCH!!


Again, please, define a free market in your own words. I know you don't want too. Because if you did define what a free market is, then you wouldn't be able to blame the worlds ills on it, and all those horrible writings on your blog would be grossly inaccurate.


WOW THE FREE MARKET WORSHIPER BEGS ME TO DEFINE IT FOR HIM!!

THAT'S HILARIOUS.

Again make your claim for a "free market" as I already said even FARMERS MARKETS have regulations!!

So if YOU believe in the "free market" then YOU have to define it -- that's just simple logic.

Make your claim. I'm still waiting. Meanwhile if you want the expose on why the Free Market is a lie then I recommend these as the best Chomsky books - out of his over 40 political books published:

Year 501: The Conquest Continues

World Orders: Old and New

At War with Asia

Political Economy of Human Rights Vol 1: Washington Connection and Third World Fascism!!


[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drew hempel]



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel
 


Increasing the money supply is deflation....ok.... INFLATING THE MONEY SUPPLY IS DEFLATION ......GOT IT, MAKES PERFECT SENSE, glad you cleared that up for me.


The Founders believed that only the wealthy should rule, which is why our first president was so broke that he had to borrow money from a neighbor just to get to Washington to serve his term.... an excellent point you got there!


The cult of Chomsky is based unapplied speculative theory. again....

Corporations cannot exist in a free market, and WTO is a regulatory authority, which would not exist in a free market either.

Farmers Markets have regulations because regulatory bodies won't keep their hands off.

A free market, is absent all central regulation, all regulation.

You should be aware that every example you are using to shout down the free market actually illustrates exactly why regulation of commerce is the bane of man. Because nothing you cite is an example of a free market.

I don't have to read any of your works by the way, I've already read Chomsky, and all you are doing is regurgitating him.



posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by drew hempel
 


Increasing the money supply is deflation....ok.... INFLATING THE MONEY SUPPLY IS DEFLATION ......GOT IT, MAKES PERFECT SENSE, glad you cleared that up for me.


No problem.


The Founders believed that only the wealthy should rule, which is why our first president was so broke that he had to borrow money from a neighbor just to get to Washington to serve his term.... an excellent point you got there!


No problem.


The cult of Chomsky is based unapplied speculative theory. again....


B.S. I already gave you my CRITIQUE of Chomsky in my masters thesis. Despite my critique of Chomsky he doesn't rely on speculative theory at all -- Chomsky relies on REFERENCES AND QUOTES OF GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATIONS -- on the ground data.


Corporations cannot exist in a free market, and WTO is a regulatory authority, which would not exist in a free market either.

Farmers Markets have regulations because regulatory bodies won't keep their hands off.

A free market, is absent all central regulation, all regulation.


O.K. now you're a wacko. WACKO!!

Look I'm sympathetic to this bizarre Austrian idealist realm of some sort of Neo-Pagan "no regulatory" existence -- but guess what humans have what anthropologists call MOIRES -- habits as customs as "laws" -- whether it's just traditional verbal agreements or whatnot -- it's religious, sacred -- it's regulatory.


You should be aware that every example you are using to shout down the free market actually illustrates exactly why regulation of commerce is the bane of man. Because nothing you cite is an example of a free market.


So Free Market = Communism! Because guess what Communism has never existed according to die hard Marxists! Yes it's true -- Free Market = Communism!

Nazism wasn't Freemarket. U.S. wasn't Free market. Soviet Union wasn't Communism. Maoist China wasn't Communism.

YAWN.

Free Market equals HEAVEN!! I'm there man. I'm all for the undefined ideal as the "sublime kernal of ideology" ZIZEK.


I don't have to read any of your works by the way, I've already read Chomsky, and all you are doing is regurgitating him.


That's why you claim Chomsky is "speculative"?? haha. That's HILARIOUS.

I've CORRESPONDED with Chomsky. I said to Chomsky -- you know people throw your name around a lot but usually they haven't really read you.

Chomsky replied -- this was in 2000 -- yeah I know usually if they read me it's just the superficial interview books.

Chomsky then states: Yeah you know in the 1930s there was always a desiginated worker who had the job of READING to the other workers while they worked. This would rotate.... etc.

Yep -- the reason I emailed Chomsky was because I had just read his amazing AT WAR WITH ASIA but I was chilling in one of those creepy evangelical free Christian cafes. No one goes to those places so it's a good place to read.

Well I accidentally left my Chomsky book there or maybe when I was in the bathroom it was disappeared from me -- at any rate my At War with Asia was GONE. Luckily I had finished it.

So Chomsky says to me -- Yeah it's hard to get my books back in print because not many actually read them.

So guess what -- the next year I go into Borders and there on the display table:

AT WAR WITH ASIA -- reissued by AK PRESS out of Canada.

Maybe my email helped him get it reissued.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel
 


So if you agree that there is no free market, then why do you blame the state of the world on the free market?

And how can you claim that a free market = Communism when you yourself admit that a free market doesn't currently exist?

The above exposes the inherent flaw in your ideology. There is no free market on planet earth right now. Therefore, the free market has not caused the ills of the world. The current system did....

The Current system is not a free market, it is regulatory, based off of economic planning due to idiots like Keynes, or Societal Planners like Chomsky, and yourself. You guys even develop elaborate schemes to control nature itself. And always, throughout the entire history of the human race, it has never worked. There was always some intellectual jackass, that sought to control the nature of man, and it has always blown up in that person's face.

The current crisis the world faces is the fault of Regulation, and planning. And none of it can be blamed in the Free market.

Thank you for admitting that.



posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I hate to tell these UNION folks this, there are more laws on the books than ever in the history of the WORLD to protect them. The need to pay union dues is crazy. They are right in one respect, cutting does need to start at the top, however, these folks contribute NOTHING to the economy. the taxes they pay were already paid by the REST OF US. They produce nothing. They provide a service and there are MILLIONS out there waiting to replace these few thousand.




top topics



 
13
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join