It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Draft 2010 !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, Nate Allen is off the short list. I really don't want Taylor Mays, but looks like he is the next best available. Damn Philly!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

LOL, ESPN is showing old Jake as the Browns' top team leader ...

And Jack rejoices!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So true! I like the guys that are watching on TV and have a 10-15 second advantage on knowing who was selected. Then they "predict" the pick...reminds me of some old Johnny Carson skit...the "swami"

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

He's a nice guy, team player, looks much nicer in those lovely Browns uniforms though, and he can't complain pulling in 20 million this year..

All is well that ends well

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Red letter day: Sun, Nov 28 2010 ...

Thanksgiving weekend.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh noes! 4 picks til the Panthers pick and those 2 QBs are still on the board....

Would they?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Would they?

They did!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Clausen to the Panthers. Look for a Mad scramble for someone to trade up for McCoy now.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Carolina selects JIMMY CLAUSEN, QB, NOTRE DAME.

48th pick...

value pick? don't know much about this guy.. but being a fan hope he is the next Joe Montana

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Looks like we got us another player who was expected to go/was rated much higher:

Five mock-busters who could make the 1st Round: OT Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts: I expect there to be a run on offensive linemen in the first round similar to the one seen in 2007 -- when a league record eight offensive tackles were taken. If this were to occur, Ducasse, projected by most teams to go anywhere from 35-55, could sneak in late, just as Duane Brown did with the Houston Texans in 2008. - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com www.cbssports.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If your new QB starts in the first game, he'll still be better than Dellomme.

Man, that guy was DONE.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Red letter day: Sun, Nov 28 2010 ...

Thanksgiving weekend.

Clausen vs McCoy?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Jets move up in draft for another RB. To draft RB Joe McKnight at No. 112, Jets traded picks No. 124 and No. 198 to Carolina.
(from espn chat ticker)

I love this pick ... this guy was supposed to go as high as the second round.

Thanks Carolina.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Seahawks pick up Russel Okung and Earl Thomas, offensive tackle and safety respectively...

One kid gets compared to a first ballot Hall of Famer at LOT, and the other gets compared to Ken Easley, who should be a Hall of Famer at safety. If either are 75% of those two...we'll do okay.

Then they pick Golden Tate at wide receiver in the second. Traded just a few minutes ago for LenDale White...

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the 'hawks so far...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Cowboys 4th round pick: Safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana (PA).

They just interviewed him on the local radio, and radio host has already started a campaign to acquire him jersey #47....nick name: AK-47

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Green bay did conservatively well this year. All they need are a few O-lineman. Time will tell that they had the best draft of the decade last year with both B.J. Raji and Clay Matthews in the first round. Their 4-3 defense went from a joke a few years ago to a 3-4 defense that quite possible is the best in the league both depth wise and impact.

They have 5 legitimate d-lineman to cycle in as they please. A highly underrated linebacking consisting of matthews, barnett, hawk, and jones. I'm not sure if they cut or traded kampmen but I agree with either as he clearly doesn't fit their new scheme. They drafted a safety which I'm not sure is for depth or immediate impact because bigby and collins can play.

At any rate, they have a solid defense which favre never got to enjoy shy of reggie white and leroy butler. Though greg jennings and donald driver don't quite equate to antonio freeman and andre rison, their offense is great too. Rodgers learned from the best and with some offensive lineman consistancy, the lombardi trophy could be coming home this year. A big powerful tight end, and a somewhat inconsistant yet great up side running back means they have all the tools to do it.

If they fail to win it all this year, it boils down to a lack of execution. Though for the first time in over a decade, the NFC is the stronger conference which will make the road that much more difficult.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Texans may have screwed the pooch and been outsmarted as far as Toby Gerhart goes. He was there for them to take in the second, then they trade the pick to Minnesota for and extra third round pick, then Minnesota takes Gerhart. Then once they realized they had screwed up they had to trade one of their third round picks back to take Ben Tate.
The next day in the paper they said they didn't know Minnesota was going to take Gerhart. Looks like they outsmarted themselves, but at least they were honest about it.

Trindon Holliday out of LSU was a steal in the sixth round. 5'-5" human pinball with olympic speed. Get a guy like that out into the open field and it's over.

Peace

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Dr Love]

<< 1   >>

join