It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Transit: Weather Anomalies, Biohazards and Space-born Influenza.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
As we all know the Venus transit is on June 8th and there has been much speculation that this event will induce abnormal weather patterns and bring new strains of influenza to our home.

Weather: Solar winds will be carrying an abundance of ionized particles that emanate from Venus's atmosphere and are destined for Earth. It is presumed, these charged particles (ions) will settle in the Van Allen belts, eventually fall into the ionosphere, troposphere, mesosphere and thus effect global weather patterns and increase EMF in mesocyclone formations. I have also noticed recently the Moon has become increasingly orange in color due to a higher degree of dust and particulates in the upper atmosphere, coincidence?

Flu: Historically inferior Venus conjunctions have been marked by increases in outbreaks of new strains of influenza and flu related illness. i.e SARS outbreak occurred 83 days after an inferior conjunction of Venus.

Graph in relation to outbeaks and Venus conjunctions:

How much relevance is there to the Venus transit changing Earth's climate?

Will Venus be used as a scapegoat for all kinds of atmospheric and biotoxic anomalies, or is there something to the solar winds transporting dangerous particles from Venus into Earth's enviroment?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Background data on solar activity effecting Earth's climate:
www.lund.irf.se...
dmiweb.dmi.dk...

Background data on Influenza and Venus conjunctions:
www.ebicom.net...
www.ebicom.net...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If there's is anything to these increased levels of ions and dust particles , I'd say it would effect more than just the weather and flu.

It is interesting to watch the transit on SOHO.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Could be why the Navy has left port too, but that's a bit of a reach.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's some more info I dug up on the Venusian atmosphere and it's interaction with our Earth especially during the June 8th conjunction.

Hydrocarbons and ions flow from Venus that has no magnetosphere.
In June, 1996, Venus passed through a very close inferior conjunction with the Sun. At that time the CTOF detector of the CELIAS mass spectrometer experiment on the SOHO spacecraft near Earth's L1 LaGrangian point was measuring heavy ions in the solar wind 4.5x107 km downstream of Venus. Close to the time predicted by simple geometric arguments for passage of SOHO through the Venus wake, CTOF made three encounters with unusual fluxes of O+ and C+ ions. Their energy distributions resembled those of tail rays originating in the Venus ionosphere or ionopause region rather than of ions produced in the corona of neutral atoms that surrounds the planet. The C+ abundance was appr. www.cx.unibe.ch...

Superthermal over 36-eV ions observed in the near-tail region of Venus by the Pioneer Venus Orbiter neutral mass spectrometer.
adsabs.harvard.edu...

THE INTERACTION OF THE SOLAR WIND WITH VENUS
"Venus, like Earth, has a magnetotail but not for the same reason. The mass loading of the flow in the magnetosheath slows the transport of magnetic flux tubes past the planet, while the ends of the tubes continue to travel rapidly in the solar wind."
www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu...

The Transit of 1882
side note: The Russian flu (1889-1890) swept the world killing an estimated 1% of the worlds population.
www.venus-transit.de...

Molecular rings could shelter Venus bugs
"The idea that microbes may be alive and well in Venus's clouds is controversial. But some scientists are becoming more convinced that microorganisms could survive, thanks to the shelter from ultraviolet radiation provided by molecular rings of sulphur."
www.newscientist.com...

Germs from Outer Space! Researchers Say Flu Bugs Rain Down from Beyond
www.space.com...

Venus' Atmosphere to be Probed During Rare Solar Transit
www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How on earth (No pun intended!) will Venus transit create new strains of viruses? New strains of viruses come about from a mutation of genetic...... ok, I'll stop right there and consider the fact that the solar radiation may be able to affect the genetic information of Influenza. Still improbable though.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaStEdDeAtH777
How on earth (No pun intended!) will Venus transit create new strains of viruses? New strains of viruses come about from a mutation of genetic...... ok, I'll stop right there and consider the fact that the solar radiation may be able to affect the genetic information of Influenza. Still improbable though.

The idea is that bacteria and viruses co-exist in the upper atmosphere of Venus and the solar wind, at inferior conjunctions, can skim some of them out of the Venusian atmosphere and deliver them to Earth's atmosphere. Rainfall eventually deposits them on Earth's surface.

By the way: That SARS initial outbreak occurred sixteeen (16) days after the 31 October 2002 Venus inferior conjunction.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
So is it assured that there will be some new flu popping up or have there been times when nothing has happened. Because it seems like a general trend, I hope the CDC is preparing for something in the future, but I guess I'm not even sure what they would be able to do...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
venus went passed and nothing happened MORE BS

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Darkside - it has only been 5 days. If there is something to the idea that solar winds can bring viruses from Venus I believe it would take longer than five days to arrive and affect enough of the population to draw any attention. Look at the data provided - if there is actually a link in most cases it took months to appear. I think we must wait and see on this one. Who knows what dwells in the atmosphere of other plants at this point. It is very interesting though. Wasn't there a space probe collecting samples of Venus' atmosphere during the transit? I wonder what that will reveal.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty
Darkside - it has only been 5 days. If there is something to the idea that solar winds can bring viruses from Venus I believe it would take longer than five days to arrive and affect enough of the population to draw any attention. Look at the data provided - if there is actually a link in most cases it took months to appear. I think we must wait and see on this one. Who knows what dwells in the atmosphere of other plants at this point. It is very interesting though. Wasn't there a space probe collecting samples of Venus' atmosphere during the transit? I wonder what that will reveal.

solar winds don't enter an atmosphere pick up germs and carry them back into space...it's not a wind anyway it's a "cloud" of particles

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
venus went passed and nothing happened MORE BS

Don't "lip"too soon. The main time window for "drop-ins" is 30-60 days AFTER the inferior conjunction. (July 8 - Aug 8) Sometimes possible "also rans" (SARS might be an example.) can reach the surface in as little as two weeks after conjunction.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
So is it assured that there will be some new flu popping up or have there been times when nothing has happened. Because it seems like a general trend, I hope the CDC is preparing for something in the future, but I guess I'm not even sure what they would be able to do...

No assurances! At present we get to wait and see.

For one or two ideas about what we could do, see: www.ebicom.net...

It would prove interesting, however, if NASA's Genesis mission comes back contaminated with "smushed up" copies of the Fujian Influenza A(H3N2) virus. Genesis's solar wind collection units should have been wide open during the previous Venus inferior conjunction back at the end of October in 2002.

For an article that discusses circumstantial evidence of bacteria in Venus's upper atmosphere, see:

"Life on Venus may be microbe clouds."
www.chron.com...

top topics

join