It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What countries can a US citizen fly to with only a one way ticket? Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Basically without getting into complete details, I need to set this up pretty quick so some answers ASAP would be helpful.

I have searched google over and over, but I cannot find a list of countries that I'm allowed to fly to with just a one way ticket without a visa.

Without getting into this too much - basically I want to ditch out on the US - that should be enough info to give you all the idea of what I am trying to do.

My funds are lacking so I would rather not have to buy a round trip ticket to make it look like I'm coming back, not to mention if I am allowed to stay wherever I'm going with a one way ticket, I wont have immigration looking for me (which would be a plus).

By the way this is all hypothetical, for the record...

But anyway, I could really use some help. If you can help me out please do so, either post in this thread, or U2U me and we can talk privately. Please ATS I'm in need of help!

And yes I realize if it came down to it I could try and claim asylum in the UK, which funny enough I have a reason which would allow me to claim, but I don't want to take any risks. I don't trust any governments, so that would be a last resort... hypothetically of course!

Thanks a bunch ahead of time!

-highlyoriginal

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Explanation: You could try one of these places...

Places that don't exist![bbc.co.uk]

Personal Disclosure: You could of course just take a roadtrip holiday to somewhere south of the border and then catch a ship from there to where ever ect! Do you really have to fly?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: You could try one of these places...

Places that don't exist![bbc.co.uk]

Personal Disclosure: You could of course just take a roadtrip holiday to somewhere south of the border and then catch a ship from there to where ever ect! Do you really have to fly?

I don't have to fly, no. But the thing is I have basically no money. I was hoping to fly somewhere touristy, find a quick job hopefully, get some money together and either stay if it's safe to stay there, or move along to another country. I need to stay away from islands I know that. Jamaica would be nice, the tickets are mad cheap, but if there was ever a problem I'd have to swim really far

If you know anymore information regarding this stuff, please let me know.

I was thinking of going South, maybe getting a cheap flight to near the border, crossing over, then making my way to Belize. However it can be expensive there, I'd rather have a connection there if I were to go.

I have a limited amount of time to get this plan together, and I've done massive amounts of research on this stuff trust me, but now it's coming down to the point I have to leave it's just something I need to do for myself, to be happy and be safe.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well,from what I understand of your post you just want to disappear.

Why leave at all.The best place to "hide" is right here in the U.S.

Just move to another part of the country as far away and remote as possible.

If you say you have little funds,then flying to another country would be next to impossible to achieve.

Particularly without a visa.

You can go to Canada too.They speak English there(or think they do
)and you should be able to find a job there.

But you sound like you are wanting somewhere warm like Jamaica or the Caribbean area.

You could travel by land to Mexico and then take a plane to Havana.

I am sure Fidel and his cohorts would be glad to flaunt you as the "Gringo" that thinks Cuba is a better place to live than America.

Good luck with your slightly not planned out plan.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Well I'm not leaving tomorrow lol... but I am trying to leave very soon.

My 'plan' has been well thought out, it's just the money situation that sucks. I have done many hours of research honestly about all of this... I've contemplated staying in the US and going somewhere else but that is not what I want. I want a new culture, a new place to live, a new experience.

In a way I do want to 'disappear' but not in the sort of way that I'm running away from home kinda deal. It's more like, I'm tired of society here, and I want to start over. I want to show up somewhere with a backpack and go from there, that's it. I want the challenge that life will bring me. It's hard to explain, it's just something I feel a need to do, I need to clear my head, and as extreme as this may sound to you, or someone else, it's something I've been planning for a long time, it's just now I know it is the time to do it.

I do need to go somewhere warm enough to survive in case I need to make a shelter or something, but I would like to think it wont come to that. If I go to a small town/village in another country that speaks some English, I could easily get a job working somewhere touristy selling whatever because of my English, not to mention I'm going to work on learning whatever language they speak where I end up going, which I will start before leaving so I at least have the basics down.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Get a two-way ticket and simply don't come back....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is a wiki map and link of all the nations that use English as the official language. Don't be surprised if one or two English speaking nations are missing from the list, it is becuase it is not the official language.

Wiki Linky

Good luck with your endeavour.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This may not be true today, but I moved to Germany back in 2001 for a few years and I was able to buy a one way ticket no problem. Of corse German is there official language but the majority of Germans do speak English also.

new topics

top topics

join