It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Find Tea Parties More Peaceful Than Anti-War Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Shocking Report: Police Find TEA Parties More Peaceful Than Anti-war Protests

Yes, you read that right: despite nonstop media warnings about hateful protests, violence from TEA party attendants is so nonexistent that police feel safe allowing them to bring large items and sometimes even guns.

This flies directly in the face of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) comparing TEA parties to California in the 1970s - and that of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann comparing them to Selma during the fight for minority civil rights.

No matter how much prominent liberals talk about rampant violence, the facts on the ground tell a different story, and reporters end up leaving with rather dull footage - no police clashes, no tear gas, no images of people being carted away in handcuffs.

In fact, the narrative of violence was such a dud on Tax Day, the Huffington Post's coverage of the "most outrageous" images became a small collection of homemade signs.

Security officials in North Carolina were unconvinced by the left's hysteria, and on the morning of April 15, the state rescinded its ban on flag poles.

So comfortable are various police departments with TEA party rallies that some are allowed to bring guns as an expression of Second Amendment rights.

About time the police also started to recognize the made up Hysteria by the LEFT and those LIES perpetuated by Pelosi & her "Civil Rights" gang.

What will the MSM do now? They will ignore this of-course, but hey no one is trying to change the way MSM operates. We already know that they are puppets of the LEFT.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Dont you know that's just because the racist cops are comfortable among their racist teaparty brethren?

At least, that will be the #1 excuse used.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Im willing to bet that it is only a small matter of time that someone on this very sight will now say that the tea party has the police in their back pocket or something along those lines. And the msm isnt only the puppets of the left, they are just puppets regardless. Every one of them.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
People tend to be more emotional and passionate when our sons and daughters are getting killed, and ten of thousands of civilians are getting killed, for a lie.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well I agree most teaparty people are 45+.

However we all know that what the Government is doing is full flegged tyranny.

Soon under the Restore America Plan and the Articles of Freedom the Tyrants will be held to account.

We will restore the Republic!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I notice you have the words "Tea Party" in your title.
Let the name calling begin!

Here's a little walk down memory lane.

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years

I wonder where all these polite people are now? Couldn't they just replace Bush for Obama on those signs? He's doing the same thing, yet not a peep.

It seems they, along with the WH, are busy trying to convince people that anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda are extremists, racists, and a threat to National Security.

While you may not find me out there carrying signs, supporting any side or agenda, I'm not blessed with selective memory, and can't help but notice the irony.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well the police have definitely awoken from the leftist hysteria, now if we can get more people to wake up from the kool-aid induced coma.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What did you expect?

For the older folks....If your 16 year old daughter came up to you and announced she was going to a protest....by herself....Wouldn't you feel a little more relieved if she attended a TEA Party protest, rather than an Anti-War (America) protest?

Be Honest!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We need to see the truth the facts and the truth do not matter anymore it is all about agenda. And these people are on the wrong side of it. They will be demonised and called every name in the book. Just because they do not hold the power. It is a shame.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well gang, we did predict that someone was going to have a fit with the police and we were right.

Are 'tea party' rallies given preferential treatment by police?

The constitutionality of protest rules was called into question after a tea party rally was allowed full-size flag poles and signs on wooden sticks, which antiwar protesters are often barred from using.

"Tea party" activists successfully lobbied security officials in Raleigh, N.C., last Thursday to reverse a ban on carrying full-sized flagpoles and signs at a tax day rally. Antiwar protesters, however, argue that they're often not afforded such luxuries.

Do tea party activists get preferential treatment from law enforcement officials? They have been able to carry guns to anti-Obama rallies, critics note, suggesting that there is a double standard.

"Certainly antiwar protests are on the whole more rambunctious than tea party rallies, so there is an appropriate role for law enforcement to exercise a certain amount of discretion in how they approach protesters," says Kokesh. "But there are times when regulation or individual action by law enforcement crosses the line and there's a blatant show of favoritism."

You can visit the above link if you want to read more, I wonder if MSM is going to be picking up where this article left off.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It is only a matter of time before one of these tea party rallies turns ugly,
either because of agent provocatures or because of a bad seed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There will be under cover agitators to be sure. They will position themselves in the areas where the media outlets have set up shop to observe and report. When the cameras get rolling is when they will start acting like a crazy right wing nut tea partier. Then that's all the footage the state run media will show

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The only time there is trouble is when provocateurs come out from government.

People should be able to protest in peace, and make there voice heard. I do not care for this tea party thing as i am from uk, but at least the police are putting teh media straight about who are going to these things.

I tell you people in american media just do not like passive people like ron paul, its unamerican to be passive.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was going to express the same sentiment. The only violence will come from the government, those who see power slipping.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by haterproof

Who's kids were dying which caused, during the WTO event the anti-capitalists to practically tear Seattle apart a few years ago? Oh, perhaps it was the massive number of caffene deaths that prompted them to throw stuff through the windows of every Starbucks downtown. And then it must have been folks who over dosed while on their couches that caused them to trash a couple of furniture stores.

Those folks who sell coffee and couches should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by haterproof

Who's kids were dying which caused, during the WTO event the anti-capitalists to practically tear Seattle apart a few years ago? Oh, perhaps it was the massive number of caffene deaths that prompted them to throw stuff through the windows of every Starbucks downtown. And then it must have been folks who over dosed while on their couches that caused them to trash a couple of furniture stores.

Those folks who sell coffee and couches should be ashamed of themselves.

Man I know exactly what you're saying! I was going to post this exact thought but you beat me to it. Star for you!

top topics

join