It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Phenomenon: The Widespread Psychiatric Drugging of Infants and Toddlers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Parents whose child has a disability gets money from the federal government. So there is your cause and effect. I have ADD and My kids have it, we got paper from social security telling us that we qualified for SSI due to our "disabilities" no I did not take, but now I am thinking I should... Once the federal government stops giving out SSI to people who haven’t earned it this will cut down on the amount of toddlers getting diagnosed with mental disorders..... But of course they won’t do that because they want to keep the poor people on the doles so they can have future votes....

You reap what you sow you Idiots.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Great find. S&F

I'm not sure how much blame the parents carry - but I know for sure our doctors and (Western) medical system are at fault - along with Big Pharma. ...No one does medicine any more.

Doctors rely on computer programs developed and supplied by drug companies - and they think their only task is to find the right drug to "treat" a single symptom. ...The whole concept of "medicine" -and doctors' training- has become dangerously inadequate.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You forgot also the amount of time a doctor spend per patient this days.

So they can accommodate as many patients as they can in a single day.

Gone are the days of doctors visits at home and spending quality time to get to know the patients.

I still remember . . .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I know someone who takes anti-anxiety drugs prescribed by a shrink and she is not even over 18. The shrink made this girl and her parents believe she has a real problem.

There is nothing wrong with natural / alternative medicine.

Everything in our society is designed to make us sick so that pharmaceutical companies can "treat" or "cure" illnesses with drugs. The medical industry is not interested in preventing diseases.

No Sick People = No Profit, No Deaths (Population Reduction)

There will never be a cure for cancer, aids, and so on just endless drug treatments.

Instead of working with nature, we work against it by creating drug resistant bacteria like MRSA by killing off their weaker generations.

We are so medicated we don't even realize it. Genetically modified food. Aspartame. Fructose corn syrup. Fluoride, estrogen and other drugs in tap water.

In the future, all natural / alternative medicine will be taxed. Worst case scenario it will be made illegal. People will be forced to buy everything on the black market.

The Feds will create a new war on drugs. If you think they won't do this, think again. Pot. Mushrooms. Opium. Hallucinogenic plants. Illegal even though they grow in the wild.

Can't have the public expanding their minds. No, better to force feed them an endless supply of dangerous and mind altering pharmaceutical drugs. They can't complain if they can't think clearly.

The Joy of Perfect Health

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Once the federal government stops giving out SSI to people who haven’t earned it...

Haven't earned it??? Perhaps you'd find a FEMA camp more suitable for those losers WHO HAVEN'T EARNED IT... eh?

And this is why I have chosen to rescue cats... instead of donating to charities who support your kind.

[edit on 23/4/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was just talking about this post with a coworker whos sister has written a book on the subject of prescription drug addiction in america, soon to be published, and he pointed out that one of the facts ommited in this article are the number of drug addicted women giving birth to children with extreme chemical imbalances in thier brains. I wonder how many of the cases from this article could have been accounted for given that? I find it hard to believe that many doctors would prescribe anti-phychotics to infants and toddlers without an actual reason. This article is most likely an example of a reporter leaving out vital information in order to write a more sensational story.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will take until will be in USA Orwell utopia similar to movie picture Equilibrium...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

Which is why we should be asking alot more questions when it comes to rooting out a cause. Thank you for making that point.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Mandatory medications are becoming more and more common for young boys. There are cases in WA where schools are REQUIRING parents to put their boys on medication and are required to show the prescription proving that at least they have the medication. Obviously they can't know if the kid is actually taking it, but if they are doing this, it will only be a matter of time before the drugs are mandated to be administered at school.

I have two twin sons and they are normal spirited boys and I have seen a distinct difference between the 50+ year old teacher and the 20 something teacher. The experienced teacher gets it, laughs at it and provides appropriate structure and methods to keep the boys focused on school work. It is the younger teachers who can't deal with the normal, natural and frankly fantastic energy and spirit of young kids.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

Kind of like the disclaimer on all these advertised drugs which states that pregnant or nursing women should consult their doctor before beginning such a regimen. Once the dr. okays it, its all legit. I might add that these drugs do not get the battery of tests and trials like they used to. Lobbyists and the FDA assure that.

So when a woman who is pregnant takes herself off 'medication', does that mean that said product is immediately flushed out of their body? I really doubt it. Maybe if you have only 2-3% body fat, which no healthy person can hardly wish to attain.

The developing fetus becomes an unwitting second container for anything the mother has ingested. Fetal alcohol syndrome is real. But, if the substance was manufactured by a powerful, self regulating lobby/industry, than all the true scientific data becomes skewed in favor of the drug makers. It has become a vicious cycle=drug them first, drug them some more, then drug the children more. The fact they call it 'medicine' is the real rub.

Remember, drs. only 'practice' medicine. For pay of course. Medical students learn their craft by studying other doctors work. Which is practice/research/theory as well. Sure, performance is included and results, yet consider who pays for studies and draw your own conclusion.

Every mega industry needs a middleman. And there are no shortages of unscrupulous folks ready to cash in. The madness can't end, lest we have another too big to fail enterprise. Sane reform is an oxymoron.

People should really only pay for a cure. I've heard that eastern medicine used to be like that, but thats most likely been infiltrated by now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing all doctors, their whole thinking has been gotten to through no fault of their own. In the end, money talks.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is terrible. I haven't given my son any vaccinations... and hopefully will never have to. For medicine, with our run-of-the-mill colds etc., I use folk medicine and home remedies that have worked well for my mom and grandma.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You can contrast that with how a school cannot even administer an asthma medication that the student possesses without it being registered with the school nurse with doctors note. In my area, they have those requirements, plus you must keep that asthma inhaler(which must be RX'd) at school at all times if you have been diagnosed with asthma. Meaning that a parent must keep at least two just in case. Means more $$$ for whom, less $$$ for whom, and zero liability for whom?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

Once the federal government stops giving out SSI to people who haven’t earned it...

Haven't earned it??? Perhaps you'd find a FEMA camp more suitable for those losers WHO HAVEN'T EARNED IT... eh?

And this is why I have chosen to rescue cats... instead of donating to charities who support your kind.

Sod off, what toddler has earned SSI? None, what I am pointing out is that PARENTS are getting their kids diagnosed with disorders so they can sit on the lazy duffs, if your to blind to see that then well I'll leave it at that... But take a good look America Hedera's mentality is the kind that is destroying America. Keep saving them cats, I don’t want or need your money, and I have never asked for handout, everything I have I have earned through Hard work.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Sod off, what toddler has earned SSI? None, what I am pointing out is that PARENTS are getting their kids diagnosed with disorders so they can sit on the lazy duffs, if your to blind to see that then well I'll leave it at that... But take a good look America Hedera's mentality is the kind that is destroying America. Keep saving them cats, I don’t want or need your money, and I have never asked for handout, everything I have I have earned through Hard work.

How about you FO... m'kay disgruntled VET? Take it up with the guys who bent you over when you enlisted. You sound an awful lot like the SOW who intercepted my emails awhile back to ejaculate their skanked out political spew.

Your day's coming... trust me on that one, JA.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by feloniusI am one that believes that ADD is total BULL EXCREMENT! Most of the kids I've encountered on this stuff are either...

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. (My little brother *suffers* from ADD.)

To the OP:
Great post, starred and flagged. We need to put a stop to this kind of crap NOW.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

how old is your little brother?

old enough to have him explain to you how he feels?

you think the diagnosis ADD/ADHD is complete BS?

why?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Its bad enough we get psychoactives in the water supply and have educators (not TEACHERS) that want to feminize our man children.

Clearly - I'm not nearly paranoid enough to even have this conversation :-)

I'm curious felonius - you do believe in medicine - it saved your daughters life

Is it just that you don't believe in medicine for the mind - that it's never necessary?

Or, is it never necessary for children?

Serious question

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You know when i used to misbehave my parents would tell me off, if i wouldn't listen they sent me to my room and grounded me for a week, if i still didn't listen then they took stuff away that i enjoyed (i remember 2 horrible weeks where i didn't have my bike anymore) and of course an absolute last resort was a sharp smack. Funny how since parents lost the ability to discipline their children we have seen a rise in ADHD and other such things.

Also it appears as if parents no longer want to discipline their children. It's just to much hassle, they get to stressed with it all and they think parenting should be easy. So instead of dealing with their childs behavior like parents used to do, they drug them.

Of course that's not to say some children don't need drugs, some are obviously ill but the massive over use of these drugs is shocking.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Makes you think though. If they start taking all these medications at such a young age who knows what effects this will have on them in the long term.

What kind of an adult will these children turn into?

How will they treat their children? Will drug taking for kids become a norm in the future? Will it be seen as a sure way of "benefitting" childrens health?

Is this a sure way to see that the pharmaceutical companies continue making money? Have they tapped into a new market thats about to boom?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthKix
Makes you think though. If they start taking all these medications at such a young age who knows what effects this will have on them in the long term.

What kind of an adult will these children turn into?

How will they treat their children? Will drug taking for kids become a norm in the future? Will it be seen as a sure way of "benefitting" childrens health?

Is this a sure way to see that the pharmaceutical companies continue making money? Have they tapped into a new market thats about to boom?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by StealthKix]

Makes me think of George Lucas' directorial debut of the movie THX 1138.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join