It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Phenomenon: The Widespread Psychiatric Drugging of Infants and Toddlers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This situation is the result of people who are unequipped to handle infants or young children. These are folks who should not have kids in the first place and then go to the doctor to have their kids drugged to make them easier to deal with.

Actually these are welfare recipients who are under psychic assault (literally) for being on the public dole. The technique can produce a wide array of negative behaviors designed to covertly harass a family... unless you're immune... which is highly unlikely. It's practiced nation wide and is designed to discourage incessant breeding at public expense.

My guess would be the Drug Czar... and groups involved in drug studies who have no qualms over making guinea pigs out of the less fortunate.

[edit on 23/4/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

You are right about that, in an article I read from Dr. Mercola the Obesity rates in children that are in welfare is alarming, then you get reports on the Military claiming that our children school lunches are making them unfit as adults.

Then you have to realized who are the target in the free meals at school, mostly poor welfare recipients, so taking into consideration the manipulation of food supplies and availability to welfare recipients we most wonder what kind of agenda is been played here.

I have the choice to spend more money on my food and make sure is good for me, but when you are poor and on welfare restrictions what you get is not what is best for your health.

I came to the conclusion that in America the obesity epidemic is affecting more the poor than those with money and it has to do with the food supplies offered to them as alternative for their lack of money and resources.

So sad, and now the children are also becoming a target to big pharma, bu remember that is more affluent people those that can afford private health care and this is the group that is been over medicated.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

This is plain drivel. Psychic attack really? Well, hmmmmm I made good money and never had any welfare program ever at the point when the school wanted to forceably drug my son. They said he was ADHD and demanded I drug him. Me and my lovely pediatrician who was an awesome person and doctor, told the school to kindly go screw themselves. Of course, then it became CPS' problem. Still I stuck to my principles. Most parents won't/ don't care to even question anything that the child might be forced to take on a dialy basis for the remainder of their lives, because they simply find it easier to deal with the kid and the school by drugging their child. They are predominantly wealthier people with good coverage health care that are doing these things, not welfare recipients. Oh yeah I had a PPO of course when they started this whole wanting to medicate my son BS!

Why would they want to perscribe these drugs to state funded people anyway? It would end up costing more in the long run for the tax payers. These drugs aren't cheap. They cost a great deal of money far more than paying for a welfare mom that has another baby.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well with the HCR, is going to be easier, as the president signed to make Medicaid the biggest insurer for the poor in the nation.

Then we most wonder . . . with the epidemic of Obesity and hypertension in children getting bigger due to food supplies (mostly in the poor sector of the nation) this is big money for pharma.

Hypertension in children 100 yeas ago was unthinkable or rare and mostly linked to hart defects, now is growing.

I guess over medication is not longer a luxury for the well off anymore.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by marg6043]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I guess if someone wanted to shorten a target group's life span and slowly decrease the population... this would be the way to do it on the sly... not?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe
[it's like saying my dog is depressed lets medicate him, when in reality all the dog may want to do is go outside for a walk!!

It's funny you should say that. On the Louis Theroux documentary there was a woman (with two heavily-medicated kids) who was giving her dog drugs for 'anxiety'.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclearbuddha

Which supports the assertion that something is affecting EVERYONE under the same roof... including the dog.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

Which supports the assertion that something is affecting EVERYONE under the same roof... including the dog.

Indeed, and the common factor is that woman.

She did have one more child, a small girl, and she decided against putting her on any medication... for now.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This is plain drivel. Psychic attack really? Well, hmmmmm I made good money and never had any welfare program ever at the point when the school wanted to forceably drug my son.

Were you unionized?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Obesity, hypertension and diabetes is not a good mix specially if it starts as early in life as in our children.

I also wonder what a life span of a child with all the above will be, if the medications doesn't kill them first with side effects.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclearbuddha

Indeed, and the common factor is that woman.

She did have one more child, a small girl, and she decided against putting her on any medication... for now.

Did all the children have the same father???

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This is plain drivel. Psychic attack really? Well, hmmmmm I made good money and never had any welfare program ever at the point when the school wanted to forceably drug my son.

Were you unionized?

Yes we were. (AFSCME)I loved the pay/the healthcare, but it was difficult/stressful work, and the other workers weren't much better than the clients, who were mentally disabled women(the clients that is). And I didn't medicate my children although I was very stressed out...I medicated myself, but hated how that even felt so I left the job. It wasn't worth that!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Did all the children have the same father???

I believe so. The mother was doing almost all of the talking, though, so we didn't get to learn much about the father's role in their upbringing.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Louis Theroux on America's Medicated Kids

Also, her brother had a similar problem. Now I know there is a strong case that ADHD is genetic but I can't help but wonder that these kids see their older siblings get 'special treatment' and feel left out somehow....meaning that they too will show signs of the illness merely for attention.

I've heard of this "genetic" component but I have to put a word of caution out here. How much of this is actual genetic issues and how much of it is simply the brain molding itself to the current environment? We know the brain does in fact rewire itself. ADHD did not begin it's widespread appearance until the widespread acceptance of a certain medium known as television. TV tends to be an interruptive medium in that every 5 minute the programming has to stop to run ads. A long attention span is not required. Now we have the internet, in which one bounces from link to link constantly. Could we also not look at what this is doing the brain? All activities-like it or not-will change the way your brain operates.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes we were. (AFSCME)I loved the pay/the healthcare, but it was difficult/stressful work, and the other workers weren't much better than the clients, who were mentally disabled women(the clients that is). And I didn't medicate my children although I was very stressed out...I medicated myself, but hated how that even felt so I left the job. It wasn't worth that!

What specific type of environment.. and what types of mental disabilities were you dealing with at work?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

This is criminal. A child's mind has not finished full development until the early 20s. There are absolutely no valid medical reasons to be giving an infant bi-polar medication or an anti-depressant. How do you know if an infant is depressed? How do you know that an infant is manic?

You can't possibly know.

Medical professionals should lose their liscence to practice medicine should they prescribe these medications, period. There is no research on this topic and why the FDA has not restricted this is beyond me, other than the fact that the FDA is a tool of big pharma and essentially a pharma run organization.

S&F for you sir.

I feel such anger about this that I am not able to think straight. You probably don't want to know how I would approach this issue if I had the power.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What type of environment.. and what types of mental disabilities were you dealing with?

Residential institution, severe mental retardation with behavior issues(they'd kick you, punch you, attack you, etc.). Some were mongloidism, some fetal alcohol syndrome, some they didn't even tell us their classification. Some didn't even have a classification for them. One tried to come after my son one time when he was two when I went to pick my check up. He was in the lobby.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

"... why the FDA has not restricted this is beyond me, other than the fact that the FDA is a tool of big pharma and essentially a pharma run organization.

answered your own question.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

And it looks like they're pretty active in Illinois. Council 31

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

the difference between being able to think - and not being able to think - can be extreme

once you experience the difference - it's hard to accept less

the problem with all of this, in my opinion - is that unless you can actually experience what some of these kids are experiencing - none of the arguments for or against medication make one bit of sense

and that is the problem - perception

some of these kids should never be medicated - ever

some of them should - because it will change their lives for the better - in ways that you can't even begin to imagine

it's not an easy thing to know for sure - either way

the nightmare for parents: do I take that chance? either choice could be the wrong choice

most parents want to do what's best for their kids - sometimes it's impossible for them to know what that is in certain situations - so - they trust a professional

professionals can be a miracle in a person's life - or a nightmare

they're human

it goes on, an on - and on...

infants and toddlers - I agree - worth waiting for them to get older before trying anything

but I still believe our thinking needs to change in regards to medicating children - or rather - never medicating them

I'm not necessarily pro-drug. But I can't find a real good argument for being completely against it either

Mental health issues are judged in a way that is completely separate from other health issues. It's unrealistic, based in emotion - and comes out of an idea that you can correct mental health issues by 'just thinking differently'

sometimes you can - sometimes you can't. Sometimes there are basic, biological - physical reasons that can be helped with medication - just like diabetes or anything else

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join