It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Phenomenon: The Widespread Psychiatric Drugging of Infants and Toddlers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The point is that I'd rather everything be natural. If I am still in the USA I supposed I'd have to abide by the law but I don't want any of that "let's take your baby away out of your site while we do god knows what to it" crap that hospitals pull all the time. I am not saying that do anything bad, but I know that I can be one hell of a Father figure!! xD

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

In most states now it's illegal NOT to get your children immunized. If you just say "I'm not going to do it" you can end up with CPS busting your door down with the cops, pulling your kids out kicking and screaming..

Wow!! Really??

Land of the free, huh?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Its sad - very sad.

We are a people who want an easy life, fast food, fast money, fast results from problems...

There are no short-cuts to bringing up kids. It takes time and effort to try and ground them in a crazy world. Kids will be kids and its the parent(s) responsibility to discipline in love, not discipline in drugs...

What a sad generation that will grow from this.... have a problem - drugs will sort it out.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't even take aspirin unless I really have to. I have the mentality to know when to use such meds or not but I guess some people would like to get a fast and easy way out of a headache(even if it isn't a severe migraine etc).

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Louis Theroux on America's Medicated Kids

I watched the documentary and I couldn't believe some of the things I was seeing. It was obvious that some of the kids had real problems. But one of them (a seven year old boy) was on Anti-Depressants because he threw a hissy fit if he lost at a game or something similar. He would shout and hide under the table.

Now, this may be somewhat of a blanket statement, but I reckon that the vast majority of 7 year old boys will dislike losing at anything, and then go on to show the same signs that this particular boy did. I know that I hated losing when I was younger and I used to do all sorts of disruptive things as a result. It's all part of growing up. (Although I still state that 'you show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser'
)

How can a 7 year old child be placed on Anti-Depressants just because of something like that? Ridiculous.

Another kid was some 14 (I think) year old girl who was on medication because she had ADHD. As a little test for the show she volunteered to give up her pills for a day or two so that Louis could see the difference between her on medication and not on medication. After only half an hour or so she had to take one. She stated she 'felt funny' and needed to take the medication. I can't help but think she (and many others) will in time become addicted to this medication.

Also, her brother had a similar problem. Now I know there is a strong case that ADHD is genetic but I can't help but wonder that these kids see their older siblings get 'special treatment' and feel left out somehow....meaning that they too will show signs of the illness merely for attention.

This ties in with something another of the kids from the program said when Louis asked him if he felt special because of his problems. The boy said that his disorders and the medication that comes with them make him feel special, different from the other kids he knew, and that he liked that attention.

I think this could be a serious problem and that doctors need to be more strict with regard to who and why they give medication. Lets let these kids grow up a bit before forcing drugs down their throats.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by scwizard

Originally posted by scwizard
Side effects may include becoming interested in stupid # like WoW or small talk, instead of actually learning new things.

The small talk part I'm not so sure about, however if that's in the money, then psych meds are miracle drugs that will make your kid popular and good in school. Tell your friends! Give your child ritalin today!

Ritalin is also part of the schedule 2 drugs, it is highly addictive, and has caused some deaths as well. I will never in a million years give my autistic child any drug that would physically and mentally change him. I have been asked by his doctor and the school, why he is not on any medication, and my answer was simple, I said "if I gave my son this medication he wouldn't be my son anymore."

The thought that babies and toddlers get depressed is laughable, it's like saying my dog is depressed lets medicate him, when in reality all the dog may want to do is go outside for a walk!! People are seriously screwed in the head if they cannot handle their own baby or child!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

This is criminal. A child's mind has not finished full development until the early 20s. There are absolutely no valid medical reasons to be giving an infant bi-polar medication or an anti-depressant. How do you know if an infant is depressed? How do you know that an infant is manic?

You can't possibly know.

Medical professionals should lose their liscence to practice medicine should they prescribe these medications, period. There is no research on this topic and why the FDA has not restricted this is beyond me, other than the fact that the FDA is a tool of big pharma and essentially a pharma run organization.

This situation is the result of people who are unequipped to handle infants or young children. These are folks who should not have kids in the first place and then go to the doctor to have their kids drugged to make them easier to deal with.

Any parent who would give these drugs to an infant or toddler should have their kids taken away. No second strike, no parenting class, taken away.

I would guess that these are the same kids who are abused in other ways, either physically, emotionally or through neglect.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is one way of stopping all this. STOP THE USE OF CURRENCY!!!!!

I will never have a kid in the USA.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
[edit on 23-4-2010 by ShadowKreeper]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's obviously part of the plan. Otherwise people wouldn't take all the crap, they would revolt. So drug 'em, to keep them as humble little slaves they are. It's better to start as a baby so there wont be any problematic individuals.

Quite simple really.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
God help us. Society are driving the children mad.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

To say you'll never have a child in the US is a little extreme. You still have choices you know. I have two kids, 3 and 5. They've never received the flu shot even though their doctor said they would be more at risk. Guess what, they never got the flu, but the kids in their class who did get the shot got sick so yeah.

My son who's 3 has a little behavior issues, which some of the day care teachers claims is ADD and he should be medicated. I told them that A: he's not going to be medicated and B: do your job right, you're supposed to be train to handle those types of behavior.

Blame teachers for some of that stuff. They just don't want to do anything anymore. They chose to be a teacher and should understand the responsibilities that come with it.

And doctors who recommend medication should definitly lose their licence and parents just show lack of effort.

Yeah my son drives me nuts sometimes but you know what it shows me that his brain functions well bcs at least he does things.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow

Louis Theroux programme on the drugging of American children was just shown on British TV. This is child abuse.

I am a parent and know that sometimes kids can drive you nuts but at times all you can do when everything else fails is to put them in a place of safety whilst you take ten and regain your patience.

Why the hell don’t they get one of those Japanese walking robots>

Almost all of these drugs have major side effects and whereas the drug tests work to a statistical mean there can be vast differences in tolerances and side effects.

How the hell did we ever grow up back in the day??

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I gave my ADHD/Aspergers son Ritalin for 2 weeks, a bit over 20 years back. - It was pretty new then.

He could concentrate better on it, but he was skinny anyway and just wouldn't eat proper meals any more once he was on it. All he wanted was sugary foods. I felt this was going to affect him negatively long term so took him off the stuff.

Ritalin is bad, yes. What good it can do, (and there can be good effects short-term,) is outweighed by the addiction, the brain changes and the dietary changes it can cause.

An ADHD kid needs healthy food, calming foods like almonds, lettuce and oatmeal, and very little sweet stuff. However Ritalin makes a kid lose interest in healthy food and crave junk. So, in the long run, it makes the person less able to concentrate, less healthy, and a drug addict.

I don't know if many people realise Ritalin is a form of speed. It works by stimulating the "control" part of the brain so it can slow the rest down. The same company, all those years back, was actually offering doctors kick-backs for prescribing 2 forms of speed, one to make people lose weight, and Ritalin. The drug companies were being straight out pushers, working to create addictive products and turn doctors into secondary pushers to addict their patients.

In Australia these drugs pretty well got the boot. Ritalin can still be prescribed, but few doctors will offer it to their patients. And the weight-loss speed has been taken off the market.

If there is really such a lot of ADHD in America, I'd suspect it's from a combination of non-nourishing food, environmental poisons, fluoride, and both parents having to work long hours.

Kids with ADHD, (despite it being massively over-diagnosed in the States, it can be a very real problem,) need a peaceful place, a hobby they can learn to concentrate on, not too many chemicals around, a healthy diet, a loving stable home, and a magnesium supplement.

People point to the cures drug companies have found. However there are natural cures for many problems which the drug companies have actively worked at keeping from us, continuing the cursed catholic tradition of burning the village wise women/healers, and labelling those natural healers of old as witches. We've seen many witch-hunts in more recent times against people who have produces non-drug cures.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
If you're interested BBC2 showed a documentary recently about this subject. I haven't had a chance to watch it, but the presenter, Louis Theroux, is always entertaining.

It's only up for another 3 days on BBC iplayer before it gets taken down.

Louis Theroux: America's Medicated Kids

This is an excellent documentary and gives a very balanced view of Medicating kids. I was disturbed to see that some kids were using the same anti depressant I used to use and had to ween myself off.

I guess we need to look at why so many kids are diagnosed with ADHD and how we classify certain behaviours. I mean some kids were taking drugs for anti authority behaviour, ehich just seemed bizarre. Like drugging children to be compliant and not to challenge authority.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Kailassa: It's not child abuse, it's population control.

reply to post by Tiger5

Ritalin is very similar to amphetamine (speed), so that's why he wouldn't eat properly. IMO amphetamines hold true medical value, helps with hyperactivity etc, but you can't just prescribe Ritalin to a kid like that. I don't understand the doctors.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This is outrageous and abusive and highly neglegent and suspect. Why are these neglected/abused children being left in the care of their obviously unfit parents???? The drugs are used by scumbags who can't deal with their children and would rather neglect/abuse them by putting very bad medications into their bodies!!!! When asking a doctor for an antipsychotic for a child under one, the CPS should be called and the parents investigated. People who can't listen and deal with their children in a normal parenting way, should have them removed! It's not the kids with the problems at that young age, it's the incompetance of the parents. This is disgusting!!!!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
reply to post by vkey08

The point is that I'd rather everything be natural. If I am still in the USA I supposed I'd have to abide by the law but I don't want any of that "let's take your baby away out of your site while we do god knows what to it" crap that hospitals pull all the time. I am not saying that do anything bad, but I know that I can be one hell of a Father figure!! xD

That was all I was trying to get across
I am violently against the amount of vaccinations they give, and unfortunately I caved on the issue when it meant that a court told me that it wasn't my decision any longer, if they wantd the services they needed, they needed the shots.

As far as drugging them, I have yet to run into a doctor that would allow it at this young age, but that's probably just the area in which I live.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I do think parents have a right to kill their kids though. Since they created them in the first place.[edit on 22-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

Wait, what?

Ok, I'll elaborate.

If they are your kids, I don't care what you do with them.

Not my business.

I'll worry about my kids (and I will raise them right).

Live free or die?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by muzzleflash

Please tell me you are kidding or being sarcastic when you say you believe it is ok for parents to kill their child because they gave it life???

No I am not kidding.

See I am not a Nazi Fascist who intrudes into other peoples lives and tells them what to do.

I don't CARE what they do.

Let me guess, you think you should get to rule over everyone else and dictate how they live -die?

I don't. I don't care what they do.

Like I said, not my business.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Sad what our nation has become . . . specially what we are allowing our children to become, nothing but guinea pigs to big pharma, from over vaccinations with Animal DNAs to control of our children accessibility to manufactured food supplies and the increasing drugging of the next future generation.

This is all an agenda, most parents have not clue of what is been injected into their new born infants in the name of "required vaccinations" .

I wonder if mandatory medications will become the norm with mandatory medical care.

The generations of parents today have not clue what goes on with their children but when you have been around for a while like me I have seen the eroding and manipulation of individuals into what those in powers wants them to be.

Servants for life with not mind at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join