It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Phenomenon: The Widespread Psychiatric Drugging of Infants and Toddlers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

An American Phenomenon: The Widespread Psychiatric Drugging of Infants and Toddlers

www.alternet.org

The United States has become the psychiatric drugging capital of the world for kids with children being medicated at a younger and younger age. Medicaid records in some states show infants less than a year old on drugs for mental disorders.

The use of powerful antipsychotics with privately insured children, aged 2 through 5 in the US, doubled between 1999 and 2007,

The study reported that fewer than half of drug treated children received a mental health assessment (40.8%), a psychotherapy visit (41.4%), or a visit with a psychiatrist (42.6%) during the year of antipsychotic use.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is criminal. A child's mind has not finished full development until the early 20s. There are absolutely no valid medical reasons to be giving an infant bi-polar medication or an anti-depressant. How do you know if an infant is depressed? How do you know that an infant is manic?

You can't possibly know.

Medical professionals should lose their liscence to practice medicine should they prescribe these medications, period. There is no research on this topic and why the FDA has not restricted this is beyond me, other than the fact that the FDA is a tool of big pharma and essentially a pharma run organization.

This situation is the result of people who are unequipped to handle infants or young children. These are folks who should not have kids in the first place and then go to the doctor to have their kids drugged to make them easier to deal with.

Any parent who would give these drugs to an infant or toddler should have their kids taken away. No second strike, no parenting class, taken away.

I would guess that these are the same kids who are abused in other ways, either physically, emotionally or through neglect.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this article to our attention, OP.

I think it is awfully sad that so many parents are willing to drug their babies.

I have worked in daycares, and at these ages, most if not all the behavior exhibited can be explained in age appropriate ways. But some lazy parents would rather label a strong willful child as defective and medicate them, instead of working with the blessings and gifts the maker endowed in them.

Why does a baby need prozac or ritalin? Even though these drugs are mild, no baby needs them. I cringe at parents using homeopathic medicines like melatonin, and st johns wort even, at these ages.

Little kids in this age group have valid reasons for the behavior they exhibit it is up to us adults to be tuned into them and educated enough on child behavior that we recognize normal from abnormal.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am an adult and I won't even take that crap.

Giving it to kids is pretty much a subtle way to potentially set off an adverse-drug-reaction and lead to severe damage or death even. FACT.

People are dumb. They do not research the drugs they are taking. They do not even bother to Wikipedia the drug just to find out what kind of Adverse Drug Reactions are possible from it.

They just assume the Doctor knows everything. But they assume very wrongly.

Commercial Drugs are often very dangerous chemical compounds. They should ONLY be taken to prevent the LOSS of life.

Taking them when you are NOT at risk of death, is simply playin Russian Roulette with your life.

If you know exactly what chemical you are taking, and know all of the potential side effects, fine, it's your body, I dont care.

But to force it on kids that can't even think for themselves? That is child abuse.

I do think parents have a right to kill their kids though. Since they created them in the first place.

So if you wanna give your kid drugs and get them all messed up, be my guest.

But my kids will NOT be taking any of this crap.

We only take medicine if it's a life threatening situation.(Hasn't happened yet anyway)

All other instances we "Toughen Up".

[edit on 22-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
its not the parents fault... they're doing what they're told by the "doctors " who treat symptoms not people...

doctors:
"your child needs medication X that was solicited to us by drug company x who's drug REP. bought our office lunch for a month and gave me stock options, the more that is sold (prescribed) the better my stock does"

not to mention the "mandatory" vaccines that children have to have administered while their imune system is still developing...

F T W?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This is direct result of abdication of parental responsiblity and GOOD SENSE!

I am one that believes that ADD is total BULL EXCREMENT! Most of the kids I've encountered on this stuff are either

1. Normal BOYS that just need to go outside and burn off some energy and use some imagination playing army or hotwheels

2. In dire need of an ass whipping

3. In possession of mindless, week willed parent in dire need of an ASS BEATING!!!

Want to kill a country? DRUG THE HELL OUT OF IT!

Its bad enough we get psychoactives in the water supply and have educators (not TEACHERS) that want to feminize our man children.

Notice that MOST kids on this crap are MALE!

God, people make me ill.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Pure Evil .... If anyone tries to give that crap to my Child I will be the the last thing they see as I release their lifeforce from their body.

I don't Trust Drug Companies or their Vaccines either.

Any attempt to force a Vaccine on anyone in my house will result in the applacation of lethal force. Via the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, and 10th Amendments.

" I got ya health care right here lead injections for tyrants. "

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
its not the parents fault... they're doing what they're told by the "doctors " who treat symptoms not people...

doctors:
"your child needs medication X that was solicited to us by drug company x who's drug REP. bought our office lunch for a month and gave me stock options, the more that is sold (prescribed) the better my stock does"

not to mention the "mandatory" vaccines that children have to have administered while their imune system is still developing...

F T W?

your wrong friend.

If a doctor told you to give your child rat poison, would you? If your a parent, you know as well as I that everything a doctor says (unless they are a family friend for years such as ours) isnt always kosher.

Parental responsibility bubba.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

Its the parents fault. Some crying parent goes into the doctors office and claims that her child is out of control and she does not know if she will be able to handle it, the sitter can't take it and is quitting, her mom is too old to deal with this out of control child, etc.

The doctor looks at her and thinks that he either needs to call Child Protective Services to have the kid taken away or give the kid some drugs to calm him down for a while so that hopefully the mother will get her @#%$ together. He looks at the situation and prescribes the drugs. Should he call CPS? Not sure, its complicated. Perhaps there are other kids in the family, perhaps this is just a short window of difficulty for this family that will soon pass. I don't think its a question you can answer until you're in the room with the desperate person asking for help.

Do some doctors do this for nefarious reasons, sure. Do most do it because they see it as the only alternative to breaking up a family, getting sued, having their reputation and practice destroyed due to the above. Yes.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am not the least bit surprised by the FDA, Doctors, or any other drug company that is involved.

The point of the matter is to make money.

The drug's produced by pharmacies are from the U.S. corporation and the FDA is just a branch of the corporation to approve what humans ingest so killing the eaters/ingesters/users becomes faster.

Free Masons want to kill more effectively and efficiently, which means poisoned food and water.

Lets do the Math: How much is the Tobacco industry worth, We can all agree its in the Billions of dollars. Cigarettes cost 5-6$ a pack.

Now take the cancer patients bills for medication, it is well above 5-6$ a treatment for what ever keep-you-sick treatment they give. So their profit is well above the billions of dollars. Which is by the way owned by the Rothschild.

My point being, if people are to dumb to think for themselves (like not giving their children/infants unneeded shots), they deserve to die faster via use of the system.

It seems cruel for me to say, but you reap what you sow.

edited for spelling

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I guess I've been lucky, 2 autistic children, one more tha's being tested, and one that tested fine. Not ONE of them has ever been put on a psych med by a doctor and in fact, my 4 year old has a ton of trouble sleeping, and the doctor still woudln't even prescribe something mild, because why?

As stated in the OP, a Child's brain is not done developing yet, so to give even something we would consider mild may do more harm than good. Has it made for a lot of sleepless nights for me, sure, do i care in the end no not really, it's all pert of being a parent.

I'm also lucky that the school my older ones attend actually teach them something instead of force feeding propaganda down their throats, this became evident yesterday when one of them asked me a question about something they had learned and I was P R O U D that they taught it in school, as I had thought in the new era of PC and bowing to the great gods of revision that this particular subject was no longer being taught.

It's a shame when people have tp resort to drugging their children because they can't handle being a parent..

It really is a shame.

But on the flip side, there are areas of the country (as S-Dog I think I've chewed his ear off on the subject) where even looking at someone wrong can cause you to be dragged through a full neglect and abuse hearing in court, and that's something I would never wish on anyone just having gone through one and winning.

It's a pain in the rear to have to dance on those eggshells, but as parent we have to do it lest we lose our children, it's all in HOW you parent, if you take the time, research the doctor, you're more likely never to have an issue and never to have drugs thrown at them.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Psychiatric drugs given to children aren't so much for the children, they are for the parents as tools of enslavement. The parents have accumulated fluoride poisoning of their pineal glands, and thus have lowered emotional IQ in comparison to their children, who have not yet had the opportunity for fluoride damage of the pineal. This difference in innate emotional IQ naturally generates discord if and when the child eventually witnesses gross fluoride induced emotional insensitivity and legitimate unforgiven wrongs are remembered if not forgiven, resulting in behavioural problems stemming from lack of trust.

Ban fluoride, mercury in vaccines, administer pineal remediation to all, and with time parents may be gradually able to better understand the emotions of their children and not need to rape their minds chemically in order to 'get them to do' their homework by reducing their emotional IQ through chemistry.

My piece on valproic acid, desexualization of the brain, feminizing chemicals, and the Neanderthal theory of Autism, Aspergers, and ADHD connection.

Mass sterilization campaign Exposed! This Includes You! Epigenotoxins! Legal Loophole!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

It's a pain in the rear to have to dance on those eggshells, but as parent we have to do it lest we lose our children, it's all in HOW you parent, if you take the time, research the doctor, you're more likely never to have an issue and never to have drugs thrown at them.

You absolutely got it right! If you aren't fortunate enough to have a family doctor (friend of the family for 30+ years) you HAVE to do due diligence.

Just because you have a few letters after your name, it doesn't mean you are a good doctor.

I almost lost my daughter to a STUPID pediatrician before our doctor agreed to take her (he didn't do babies). Instead of testing for a urinary infection, he kept changing her freakin formula!

We were within 12hrs of loosing her.

Aaron Kriesler in the DFW area. Don't use him. I've found others with similar issues with him.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You guys should check out these documentaries about how we got to the point where our society thinks it's OK to commit such atrocities...These pharma companies should be brought up on crimes against humanity charges and the doctors and pill-merchants who peddle their stuff >

The Trap - By Adam Curtis It's a three episode miniseries aired on BBC2 in 2007. It discusses how Game Theory, developed by John Nash after the Second World War, was later used to influence cold war military thinking, and then was adopted by psychiatrists in the late 50's and early 60's to develop the pharmaculture we have today. Excellent series, couldn't recommend it more. I've seen it probably 20 times already...all of his documentaries are brilliant!

Episode 1:
www.google.com... play%3Fdocid%3D404227395387111085&ei=wuzQS5zrNo_e9ATcy_wu&usg=AFQjCNHX6VD-JufdRI9Pr95XogdfKPtQAg&sig2=izdvsDZKWAzG4Trsr6aIrA

Episode 2:
www.google.com... eoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1087742888040457650&ei=wuzQS5zrNo_e9ATcy_wu&usg=AFQjCNFkSyCQk_UKDL9OXvSxliD6NF4MCg&sig2=g2BqWnR0BfKqpLEvdUxCZQ

Episode 3:
www.google.com... ideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-7581348588228662817&ei=Me3QS8yeC4G0lQe47KXxDw&usg=AFQjCNG_YTxbWYYl4BoIkLgPS24u4anXnA&sig2=loyfJXXR_ilqNg8B28jQYg

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Frontline did a wonderful piece on the recent phenomena of medicating children:

www.pbs.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I do think parents have a right to kill their kids though. Since they created them in the first place.[edit on 22-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

Wait, what?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
An Introductory Psychology class will teach you that when you take medication for something that you are not lacking - serotonin, for instance - it will cause the brain to generate less serotonin, or none at all, because it sees that serotonin levels are fine.

Given long enough, the switch to generate serotonin naturally will become accustomed to generating low to no serotonin.

Then, if the medication stops, you have a kid with no serotonin and a brain without a clue what to do.

Low/No serotonin = a psychotic/anxiety disorder.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Bad parents beg doctors for these drugs. They choose drugs over responsibility and good parenting. Its easier to give a kid a pill that zones them out than being a parent and conditioning behavior of their children properly.

I would guess that many doctors get worn down by parents who demand that they need these drugs.

When will we start requiring a license for people to have children?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There are some kids, such as myself, who don't get a dopamine surge when they're completed school work, because school work is dull, pointless and silly.

If you subscribe them ADHD drugs such as Adderall, then that fixes the problem of lack of dopamine floating around, then suddenly completing schoolwork feels rewarding, and grades improve.

Side effects may include becoming interested in stupid # like WoW or small talk, instead of actually learning new things.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't think i know any child that isn't on some drug for "behavior" issues...everything is a "disease" now. If they have lots of energy they have add, if they misbehave it's an arcane psychiatric term that really means "no discipline at home"

Most people I've met that are about 30 or so have all been diagnosed with something or another...

Have you noticed...EVERYTHING is a disease...that means no one is making choices, the devil or the disease make them do it...no more responsibility.

rant over

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join