It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable New Miniaturised Kidney Dialysis Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

still far too big and how much is it?

it is not very stylish and looks a like portaloo or a hand driven clothes dryer.

really ugly looking.

who was responsible for horrible form?

reminds me of a lavatory.

we should concentrate on regeneration of organs instead of these horrible ,uncomfortable, ugly looking plastic bins.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Nobodysavedme.....

still far too big

Why is it "far too big"?

By how much is it "far too big"?

How do you propose it is made smaller?

How do you feel about it's size compared to the conventional, very large dialysis systems?

how much is it?

It is less expensive that in-centre dialysis systems.

In addition, the improved quality of life can complement the lower cost by enabling the user to work & earn a greater income.

For a detailed pricing response, you will need to make your own enquiries in that regard.

it is not very stylish and looks a like portaloo or a hand driven clothes dryer.

I think you should compare it with a normal dialysis system.

The ergonomics & "non threatening" design are proving to be a very "big win" for patients who have found the larger conventional dialysis systems too threatening & complex.

The system design also makes the NxStage system much, much easier to use on the home / mobile environment.

really ugly looking

I also think you should stop being so disrespectful & insulting to the wonderful, hard working people who developed the system.

who was responsible for horrible form?reminds me of a lavatory.

I find your insulting approach to the brilliant, hard working people who made this system available for everybody both puzzlesome & unnacceptable

we should concentrate on regeneration of organs instead of these horrible ,uncomfortable, ugly looking plastic bins.

So, what do you suggest we do in the meantime?

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is amazing - fantastic! This will be so much more comfortable for patients! Thank you for posting this - I am going to bring it to the attention of a friend that takes patients to dialysis - she hasn't mentioned it so I am not sure if she is aware!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
This is amazing - fantastic! This will be so much more comfortable for patients! Thank you for posting this - I am going to bring it to the attention of a friend that takes patients to dialysis - she hasn't mentioned it so I am not sure if she is aware!

Crazydaisy.....

There are more than 5,000 patients using NxStage technology in the USA.

Here is the website:

www.nxstage.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Such a negative response for a portable machine that will improve lives. If you had to have kidney dialysis I suppose you would prefer to be away from home hours on end instead of in the comfort of your own home - gee some people!!

This is a wondeful advance in medical technology!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for the website!!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
[ATS Team:

Here is an interesting video by a user of NxStage technology:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1   >>