It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How rare is it to luicd dream offten?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Does a Lucid Dream really "feel" like "physical reality"?

Any techniques to get lucid dreaming?

Thanks.

Yes it can feel like physical reality, it's all up to how your mind wants it to be.
For example if I fly, I can actually FEEL the g force and wind on my face, great.

But I think you can compare Physical reality to Rock and Lucid dreams to fluid.

The physical reality is very solid, and take a lot to move things along.

The lucid world is very fluid, a mere thought can change everything, it's hard to keep anything solid, and things flow along like a maze of possibilities.

It can actually get quite annoying, since it's hard to stay focused on one thing. Say you want to focus on making friends with a person you meet, it's like there is a leak, and the fluid is flowing away to somewhere else, and you end up with super mario smashing blocks and later smoking weed with bugs bunny.

I guess the more lucid you are the more solid you can create your surroundings.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i find this interesting as i rarely have them yet 3 nights ago i had 3 in row with waking up in between. im normally a real light sleeper but that night my girlfriend says i was out for the count.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by madmartinez]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madmartinez

I always lucid dream when I sleep. For instance If I fell asleep, got up, fell asleep again, and repeat. I would always lucid dream.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
most times i remember dreams is when i acctually do get sleep which is probly once a month. the rest of the time im restless and sleep for literally minutes before waking again. kinda all builds up and i guess my body gets to the point i have to shut down. kinda feels like a reboot after lol

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
adding another view to this could the light sleeping be the start of a lucid dream that is so real it is waking me up???

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

How about OBE/AP all that stuff, have you ever done something to confirm them or has anything unusual/interesting happened with your lucid dreams.

Since you do lucid dream every night, you might have more insight than most people about the possibilities of it all.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

from The Cusp: When you're aware of everything, you can't actually do anything. There is no differentiation between one thing and the next, good and evil.

Anyone who gets lucid all the time should try that to see what I mean.

In a couple of my lucid dreams where I became all powerful I also seemed to have knowledge of everything. That was actually the most boring of all lucid dreams when I got to that point. Whatever I did or could do, I already knew the outcome and could see it all in my mind before I even did it. What is the point in doing something if you can already picture everything? There isn't any mystery to it all. I pictured in my mind that was why man was given free will. Free will became the variable or unknown. You could know every outcome possible of what someone might choose but you didn't know which path someone may choose. That was a weird dream by itself because I had trouble waking up out of it. I dreamed I made myself human to wake up out of it.

Then I wondered if God could be all knowing if he gave us freewill. Then I wondered if something is wrong with that concept. Is it really freewill if God already knows what we are going to do all the time? Wouldn't God be bored with us if every outcome of every decision was already foreseen? Maybe every possible outcome is foreseen but which path in life we choose is not and is open to us to decide. It could be the one variable to make things interesting to an omnipotent and all knowing God. A God that created good and evil so that we could choose whichever path we want to go.

Most of my dreams aren't like that though. Many of my dreams can become lucid but I usually just let my dreams be somewhat normal. That is if having superpowers or superabilities is normal for anyone in their dreams. It is for me in many of my dreams. In fact in one dream I was learning to levitate all over again until I suddenly realized I must be dreaming if I'm flying since that is not normal.

Have you ever stopped time in your dreams? I didn't know if time was stopped or I was just moving superfast. You have to walk around a lot of people in your way. It's probably been 20 years since I routinely used to play around with stopping time in my dreams.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join