It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How rare is it to luicd dream offten?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Every time I go to sleep, I tend to always to lucid dream. Ever since I was a child I could lucid dream. I can recall everything I had about the dream I've just had the night I was asleep and the dream I had years before that. The smells, colors, people, feelings, ect. I'm just curious is this is anything rare or special.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you lucid dream every night, you have a gift. I lucid dream about twice a month if i am lucky.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have a friend who's the same. I envy him so much! Lucky you... dream journals help for building up lucid dreaming experiences though.

Ever tried astral projecting to another place from the dream? Go have a look at phobos or the inside of the moon above our own hunt of dirt and tell us what you see!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I hate you. Just kidding, but yeah, it's pretty rare. I know many people who would give their left nut to be able to do that. What makes it worse is people like you never have an tips or insights into why or how you do it. "I dunno, I just do it".

Can you think of any lifestyle choices, foods or chemicals you avoid or take, anything at all that might account for your particular talents?

Also, how good is your dream control?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I don't know about food. I don't eat candy rarely. But I do think a lot. More then the average person. All day i think to myself and it's possible I work my brain somehow by doing it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Dear Romantic_Rebel

You are lucky to lucid dream all the time, if I was able to then maybe I would be braver in real life.

I was able to lucid once or twice but it was never enough. Like bond said "the world is not enough"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderinghows

I don't know about being any braver. But it is a wild experience. Sometimes I'm not so lucky because I can feel mine or others pain.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the stats are on people who lucid dream so I can't tell you how rare it is.

What I can tell you is that I lucid dream every single night (unless I have had a lot to drink then I don't)

Having lucid dreams all the time sure does makes sleeping something I actually look forward to.

I'm not sure why some people work this way but it would be cool to figure out a link as to why some people lucid dream and others don't.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Agreed! When I lucid dream it's random many times and sometimes I can go from a magical world full of wonders to be pursued to be killed. Weird I know. But the thing is I can feel everything going on. Likes I'm in a parallel universe.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Agreed! When I lucid dream it's random many times and sometimes I can go from a magical world full of wonders to be pursued to be killed.

Well, that answers my question about your dream control abilities.

If you're interested in learning better dream control, check out this thread

www.dreamviews.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Thanks for the link!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know it's a touch off-topic, but mind if I ask about lucid dreaming?

When I dream it's not about fairy tales or distant places... it's about relationships. Life. Memories. What-if's. Experiments.

I have recently been able to remember my dreams more and more, since I have been in a very comfortable and healthy sleep schedule recently.

When I remember the dreams that I have, I am fully aware and in control when dreaming. I'm me, and you're you, and the world is normal. I am aware that my mind has made up a play for me, with an antagonist and a plot line... but sometimes it lacks in a conclusion, and I just wake up with full memory of the events.

Is this lucid dreaming?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by sstark]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sstarkWhen I remember the dreams that I have, I am fully aware and in control when dreaming. I'm me, and you're you, and the world is normal. I am aware that my mind has made up a play for me, with an antagonist and a plot line... but sometimes it lacks in a conclusion, and I just wake up with full memory of the events.[edit on 23-4-2010 by sstark]

It is possible to be in control of your dreams without being lucid. Lucid dreaming is just being aware that what you are experiencing a dream. Most researchers that look into lucid dreaming immediately discard any dream that doesn't begin with that "Holy crap I'm dreaming!!!" moment. If you're truly lucid, you can ignore the plot and dream characters (ignore them into oblivion actually, since everything requires your attention to exist), and then get on with what you really want to do. In fact, getting caught up in the plot is what kills lucidity for most people.

BTW, I hate it when dreams lack conclusions. Last week I had en epic dream where some evil overlord was sending his minions against me, a really long dream, and when I finally faced the big boss himself with a light saber in hand, the dream ended before we fought!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
It is possible to be in control of your dreams without being lucid. Lucid dreaming is just being aware that what you are experiencing a dream. Most researchers that look into lucid dreaming immediately discard any dream that doesn't begin with that "Holy crap I'm dreaming!!!" moment. If you're truly lucid, you can ignore the plot and dream characters (ignore them into oblivion actually, since everything requires your attention to exist), and then get on with what you really want to do. In fact, getting caught up in the plot is what kills lucidity for most people.

Thank you!

The thing is that I an fully aware it's a dream, and that my subconscious is creating this for me, but I like it, and will it on to continue the plot. I guess it does lose the appeal somewhat at that point, because I know it's not real, however I do enjoy the experience and the people in them. I rarely have a negative dream.

I guess what I am trying to say is that what I want to do when dreaming is to continue dreaming, as normal, while being aware that I am dreaming, so I have no need to go off and do something else.

And yes, dreams without conclusions are very annoying, but they're all I ever get.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sstark
I like it, and will it on to continue the plot.

I guess it does lose the appeal somewhat at that point, because I know it's not real, however I do enjoy the experience and the people in them. I rarely have a negative dream.

I guess what I am trying to say is that what I want to do when dreaming is to continue dreaming, as normal, while being aware that I am dreaming, so I have no need to go off and do something else.

I'm just the opposite. I have a crap load of clear goals and experiments I want to accomplish, and having random dream characters come up to me saying stuff like "OMG, we have to get out of here, zombies are coming!!!" is so annoying. I'm like "No we do don't, this isn't real, get the f*ck out of my face!". I can be pretty mean to my dream characters, or at least I was until I discovered that everything requires your attention to exist. Now instead of fighting those super demons, I just ignore them and they disappear. But I still can't resist giving dream characters a quick kick in the nuts or a wedgie before I ignore them to death.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I used to lucid dream a lot. Except for the weekend when I get a lot more sleep, I tend to not remember my dreams. I've created and destroyed whole star systems and wiped out an alien species by going back in time. They ticked me off in my dream by attacking me. I was just watching a space battle between two warring species of aliens. For me to lucid dream now, I can just determine to remember that I want to control my dreams before I go to sleep and usually that is enough. Lucid dreaming is easier if I'm getting a lot of sleep not just 3 or 4 hours like I seem to be getting during the week on many nights.

In one dream I played around with major alterations to life here on Earth. I'm not usually using that much power in a dream. I remember I ended up getting rid of the Earth and started over with a new Earth back the way it was about 7 times before I left it like it is now. One strange thing that I did not understand was that I never became all powerful in any lucid dream without losing human emotions. It made me feel weird in the dream. In one or two dreams, I felt like I was connected with the entire cosmos and every atom in the universe. Now that was a very weird sensation.

It's possible my lucid dreaming started or was aided by fighting demons in my dreams when I was a little kid. I eventually controlled my dreams. If a demon bothered me after that point, I could realize it's just a dream and put a force field around whatever is bothering me, then I could set off a nuclear blast and incinerate whatever was bothering me. The blast was contained within the force field. Many of my dreams that aren't lucid are still strange. In one dream I ran close to at the speed of light and ended up either going back in time or some kind of alternate reality. I've dreamed about waking up on an alien planet one morning. I realized I was dreaming when I woke up in the dream. I was still sleeping but fully aware I wasn't really awake. That was how I remembered that dream so well.

One night I determined I was going to dream about being a ghost. After I went to sleep I dreamed about floating out into the night time sky as a ghost and I picked a random house. While I was in someone's bedroom (it was dark so I couldn't see too well) a woman saw me and let loose a terrible scream. It startled me so much I woke up. It seemed so real too.

In another dream that I realized I was sleeping, I remember being in contact with an advanced AI from the future. This AI was very intelligent and opened a time distortion to communicate with me in my dream in the past. In another dream where I realized I was sleeping but somehow half awake at the same time, I dreamed about an advanced civilization about 37,000 light years away in this galaxy. Actually I dreamed about an alien scientist (lizard like in appearance) contacted me telepathically. I had several repeat dreams but got tired of that after a while and asked him or it to go contact someone else. I just wanted to have some normal dreams.

Do you have any favorite tricks you do in your dreams? At one time I enjoyed walking into a bar and pulling off a neat little stunt. It was basically after I striked up a conversation at the bar, I would occasionally ask someone to watch a trick I had. I would hold out my hand with my palm up. Then I set off a mini nuclear explosion just above the palm of my hand with a rising mushroom cloud and lots of loud explosion noises and some bright light. I eliminated the blinding light, radiation, and extremely loud noises that would result from a real nuclear blast. I even had a cloud ring form near the top of the mushroom cloud. That's what I called a neat parlor trick.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
In one or two dreams, I felt like I was connected with the entire cosmos and every atom in the universe. Now that was a very weird sensation.
[edit on 23-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

That was an interesting experience for me. In one lucid dream, I realized I was dreaming, realized that my mind had created everything in the dream. That everything around me was me. I was the buildings, I was the sky, the earth, the air, the dream characters. My consciousness kept expanding to take in everything until I got down to the molecular level, and I was aware of every single particle just humming or vibrating away.

A peculiar thing happened at that point. I lost all will to act or do anything. I wasn't even capable of wanting to do anything, all I could do was be aware of everything.

That experience gave me some insight into the mind of God. You always hear people ask now god can allow bad things to happen. When you're aware of everything, you can't actually do anything. There is no differentiation between one thing and the next, good and evil.

Anyone who gets lucid all the time should try that to see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The most common thing there can be with those who lucid dream all the time, is that the logical side of their mind does not shut off when they sleep like most. Usually what makes non-lucid dreaming so subtly and damningly easy, is that our logic, our judgement part of our mind is "shut off." Glad to see dreamviews plugged on here. A good site, I am on there myself from time to time.

Would be good to know if you instantly are aware of dreaming the moment you fall to sleep. Or do you start out non-lucid and just catch on quickly. If you start out non-lucid, how many minutes usually before you are lucid? How did you build up to being lucid all the time? You may wonder why so many bother you with these questions, it's because most who say what you do never bother to explain, after opening so much on a forum, they close up and wont tell anyone how or why.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Does a Lucid Dream really "feel" like "physical reality"?

Any techniques to get lucid dreaming?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Does a Lucid Dream really "feel" like "physical reality"?

Any techniques to get lucid dreaming?

Thanks.

To your first question. Yes, it does. For me I can interact and do anything I want. It's like a ultimate sandbox level for dreamers. Also, I can think while I'm dreaming. But I don't know any techniques.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join