It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ive been on and off this site for awhile now, I have always been part of the "survival" community.

My question for others that post here often. What is the deal with all of the zombie threads?

Everytime I log in there are new threads with piles of replies and flags that have to do with how to deal with zombie outbreaks, best way to kill them, etc... I just dont get it. How can this be so important and popular when it doesnt deal with survival in reality?

Arent there better (real) issues in the survival part of this site that would actually warrant discussion and attention instead of some fantasy outbreak based loosely on movies? Its threads and issues like zombies that give survivalists a bad name and honestly, it doesnt do anything to make this part of ATS any better.

My 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think it is because of the recent surge in Zobie films.

The scenarios make youngsters wonder what they would do in this situation.

Even though I am a frequent camper, and avid hiker, I quit posting in those forums for this exact reason.

Seems kind of silly.

A post about getting a good compass? 1 flag...

surviving zombies?...20 flags!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Haven't you just created a zombie thread?

Irony anyone?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
enchanted bow and arrow is probably the best moethod of killing zombies. Unicorns are their natural predator so if you have a few of those you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They could be talking about the zombies who continue to march for the agenda of the Leftist/Liberal despite the constant erosion of the constitution of the USA.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I must admit i obsess about what to do in a zombie death situation.

What you have to ask yourself is this, which is more interesting to more people?

All people can relate to zombies and have probably thought about what they would do.

I mean, i know where i would go, what i would use etc etc..

I have never in my life thought about which compass to buy..

i have nothing against compasses but just wanted to suggest something

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
To those who know what they're talking about, its a metaphor.

To others its:

"OMG!! Tiem 2 KicKz ZomBie BuTT wiTh My ArrowGUN andz ArMy Bootz!! YeAH!!"

[edit on 22/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

[edit on 22/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
lulzy responses.

anyway, it's my opinion that survivalists love the zombie apocalypse scenario for one, or both of these two reasons:

a) it's probably the most extreme and totally apesh** scenario to test your skills in. if you can survive this, you are king dick of humanity basically, or very clever. often the same thing.

b) it's a thinly veiled 'moral' way to unleash their rage for humanity (hence the survivalist shtick) without soundin like a psycho, wether they realize it or not.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Now that was funny

Although saying that... i do love the whole zombie genres

But i also understand where the OP is coming from... Hmmm... mixed feelings...

Braaains

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ha! Awesome. I do also obsess about how to survive a zombie situation. So does my family and so do a bunch of my friends. Whenever we go to a place we talk about how good it would be to hole up in for a zombie apocalypse.

Read all the psychological psuedoscience you want into it. Its just fun to consider. I hate people that over analyze.

Zombie survivalism kicks butt.

Machete, revolver, bolt action rifle and a radio flyer full of ammo for both.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
First of all, its fun. At least for us zombie obsessed peoples. Secondly you can't discount the possibility of a zombie outbreak when there is science to back it up. sure they may not be the actual undead but you never know when some side affect from a drug that takes a few years to kick in might make everyone raging violent killing machines. There are all sorts of scientifically probable scenarios.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Explanation: My G/F is biased against those who are living challenged. But Zombies are our friends![BTS]

Note sign in for best viewing pleasure OK!

Personal Disclosure: Maybe this rant belongs in BTS?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
enchanted bow and arrow is probably the best moethod of killing zombies. Unicorns are their natural predator so if you have a few of those you have nothing to worry about.

That is one of the best replies I've seen up here in a while. Just make sure you make all of your saving throws.

reply to post by salchanra

I guess, it's because, as terrifying as they are, zombies are a pretty fun topic. You get all the fun of killing a human, without all the legal issues of having to kill a living human. Killing zombies is like therapy...especially if people you don't like are zombies and you get to [re]kill them. It's cathartic.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
thats for everyone who liked that reply, it was pretty much a condensed version of what i said in this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wow im impressed i do not think i have ever seen a thread moved out of BTS rant.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Anyone seen the new film Zombieland, thats a cracking film and not quite the king dick you would expect to survive.....

Brave.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Crazy question,

But how realistic would it be for Zombies (like we see in the movies that eat the flesh of the living) to be a reality?

Im a huge fan of Zombies flicks, but I havent done any research on the feasibility on my above question.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
I have never in my life thought about which compass to buy..i have nothing against compasses but just wanted to suggest something

Who needs a compass when there are zombies? Just go the "other" way.

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyTheBrave
Anyone seen the new film Zombieland, thats a cracking film and not quite the king dick you would expect to survive.....

Brave.

Crackin film! Probably the best zombie film i've ever seen.

"That'll do pig."

CX.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
But how realistic would it be for Zombies (like we see in the movies that eat the flesh of the living) to be a reality?

Researchers at MIT are hard at work at trying to answer this all important question. The United States is expected to spend $641 million in the next 10 years to research Zombification. The military application alone is worth the expense. If they can be made docile then we no longer need Mexicans to do the jobs that Americans won't do either.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join