It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A crucial observation I've made about the world recently.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is something I've had in my mind since last year, but recently, I am starting to see it more and more. Here's what's up.

Humankind to for the most part to me is quickly separating into two very different groups. We have humans who are slowly but surely reaching higher levels of consciousness, but on the flip side of that, we have humans who are getting more and more caught up in the poison of material life. Human kind is .ing in two directions, and I really am interested to which group will come out in the end. This all directly ties into this vibe that is in the air these days.

I hope others have made this observation of humans lately. I would love to see some input and experiences you may have seen to build up this theory that humans are going in these two directions.

Edit to add: I am aware there are all kinds of people in between. But I'm just wondering if other people are seeing people either be more spiritual or more materialistic lately.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't know if you have seen the younger generations recently, but I have never seen so much hatred and disrespect. I'm sure there are some nice kids out there, but for the most part, high schoolers these days are freaking meanies! I've seen the way they treat each other, and yesterday, they were dissing on me hardcore because of my bare feet! psh. whatever.

But seriously, if you have seen the younger generation, you will know what I mean. Like I said, I'm sure there are nice ones out there, but in this world of social networking sites and cell phones, they have gotten caught up in the material world at a very young age.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Do you think you may be setting up a false dichotomy there ? Why only two directions ?

If only life was that simple my friend .

There are plenty of people who can move between `both` worlds ..... there is a whole spectrum of choices in between.

edit:sp

[edit on 22-4-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Totally understood sir.

I forgot to mention that. Yes I know people are in between, but I'm just stating how the ones stated in the OP to me are the two main groups. Sorry. Remember, I am asking for input on this, so feel free to add anything you like to the conversation.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

it is not really materialists vs spiritualists

the point i think is positive free

so the sense is what you would realize as its source freely

because being positive is being a source and freely mean that you are not expecting anything of it you just like it and ntohing else

so the point of divisions, is set where people mean never being the source of their lives freedom, and actually focus on controlling positive resources or on forcing free wills to their directions, so it is more liars vs true

those who mean living from taking life and those meaning living by making a reality with life

that is why religious can be liars figure as much as successful men

and materialists could be right livings as much as free independant lovers of livings rights

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well...

You do not stand alone. But don't forget, what you suggest is all experienced from your perspective.

My experience is telling me, this awakening is only happening amongst western societies. Yoga, meditation, channeling is mostly done by 30 to 50 year old. A minority of young people. ( like the hippies of the sixties and early seventies. Then there are the materialistic people.

And !... The scariest of them all. The fundamental religious people.
Why ?
Because they are embedded in all layers of society and believe they are living the end of times. Their saviour will arrive here shortly and one of them is going to push that red button. You know ? The one with a mushroom cloud on it.

But seriously...

Try it for yourself. Surround yourself with a group of other people and this vibe will change to their vibration.
Even reality is perceived as different with other company.

Maybe it is true, that reality is all subject of the imagination ?

[edit on 4/22/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is higher consciousness really the other side of the materialism coin? While introspection and self development is laudable to a degree, perhaps time would be better spent helping and supporting our fellows? Instead of the whole higher consciousness thing, take some food out to the homeless. That's what I would call gaining a higher consciousness.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
Instead of the whole higher consciousness thing, take some food out to the homeless. That's what I would call gaining a higher consciousness.

That is the point I am trying to make. If one is on a higher level of consciousness, they will most likely be aware of their surroundings more, which in turns mean they will be more open to what other people are feeling. I have been helping people much more and treat them with much more respect since I started on a higher spiritual path.

I do appreciate the input and I now see how my OP does have many flaws. But I still think I bring up a good point in my OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I agree with UmbraSumus about there being more than two options - but I think I follow your point about what might be called polar opposites. And yes, I too feel the attraction of these becoming stronger. One may see them as materialists and spiritualists, another may see "right wing" and "left wing " or perhaps "chosen" and "infidel". But I agree that the principal of duality is at work and more polarization is occuring throughout many aspects of global society. From my perspective, the polarization is between the "aware" and the "unaware" - but I believe we're just describing different facets of the same phenomena.

gj

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I agree there is a discernible pattern of people splitting ways and going more and more extremely into one particular direction.

There can be many "directions" to this, and all of them united and driven by the same fundamental cause:

We're just returning to our most fundamental elements as a very unique singularity in time approaches us.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

reality is objective but is for free positive move out of it as subject living sense

that is why your imagination dont do anything objectively you like to mention it as being all because you mean it as all while out of all

that what could explain how noone accept another thought being superior to his, even when the other mind can allow him better gains on the ground, everyone deep inside is for himself his free positive living sense alone

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think it is you who has been poisoned by the stereotypical views broad casted by the leaders (The Media Industry)

I do agree in some way that some people are more materialistic than others but at the end of the day that is only the people you personally have seen!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I get what your saying SolarE-Souljah. I suppose it is easier to juxtapose the two extremes. Its easier pose the question : What way am i .ed ?

I know my childhood experiences couldn`t of been more different than that of my nieces and nephews ........ i had more freedom - they have more `stuff` . Now don`t get me wrong , they are lovely kids , well mannered and bright ...... but indeed - they are a little materialistic !.

With the economic downturn do you think the worst excesses of our respective countries and peoples will be curtailed ? If not by choice - by necessity.

And citizen rights .... became consumer rights . Do i hate that term consumer ...

Ohmm nom nom nom nom nom ... pause for short breath .... nom nom !

===============================================

From an evolutionary perspective : this i.e modern living , is relatively new . We are still best adapted to an environment that we only witness on wildlife documentaries
Many of the adaptation which kept us sexed,safe and feed ,......... are liabilities in a world were our every desire is sated . But on the plus side , we have a remarkable complex structure sitting atop our shoulders which is capable of getting us out of of many scrapes as it gets us in to.
Events beyond our control may very well conspire against us - and no doubt we will witness a shift of mindset of generations both young and old alike. Superfluous things and ideas fall by the wayside when confronted by another nights sleep on a hungry belly.

Did i rattle on there a bit ?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

i agree totally with your sense about consciousness subject in medias, it is crazy like if someone up care to see you thinkin about him
i think if there is something up it would say hey who do you think you are here

just be yourself reality and your dignity is safe since you are just then acting logically of what you have to deal with logically

i mean others issues say also our issues in facing the illogical aspects of reality being existing on the first place while we exist

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
People are bringing up some really good points here.
I do agree it is more "aware vs the unaware."

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I hate to be the one to fill you in on this, but life IS that simple. To anwser the OP question; yes I have indeed noticed it. Back to you though, it's my opinion that there are 2 paths down life. You either are going to help people to get where you're going in life or you're going to step on people to get where you're going, again my opinion. Ofcourse, after you make that decision, you have to be about that decision, step on people all the way be about that if that's what you want or be a guy who is constantly going out of his way to make sure poeple got the help they need. Just be about your desicion...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with the destruction of the middle class (in America at least). Rich getting richer, etc.... We are being herded into 2 groups, like cattle. And it is very concerning to me as I ain't rich

Remember that every generation seems to observe the current young folks much like you described. Perhaps what is coming for us will challenge today's youth to rise up and accept responsibility.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just thought i would add my 2c worth

Do you think the splitting could be a result of the ego or unconscious mind, which is all your thoughts generated by your mind and fundamentally concerned with the preservation and safety/satisfaction of the self and the consciousness which is your origin beyond thought, a loving, caring entity which ultimately is the universe itself?

I remember reading the Law Of One and they were talking about a "harvest" in which people who had succeeded in choosing a polarity are able to "ascend" to new realities not previously perceptible. One could argue that this shift or ascension is indeed occurring and your chosen "polarity" (the ego or consciousness) will ultimately determine what reality you end up in.

Perhaps it's time to meditate a little harder and get beyond the ego while we still have the time to do so?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by raiden12]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

I hate to be the one to fill you in on this, but life IS that simple. To anwser the OP question; yes I have indeed noticed it. Back to you though, it's my opinion that there are 2 paths down life. You either are going to help people to get where you're going in life or you're going to step on people to get where you're going, again my opinion. Ofcourse, after you make that decision, you have to be about that decision, step on people all the way be about that if that's what you want or be a guy who is constantly going out of his way to make sure poeple got the help they need. Just be about your desicion...

Life has a way of fleshing out such simplistic, two dimensional world views.
Such rigid absolutes as expressed by yourself are `a path` to ruin , both your health and in relationships imho.

There is a world of grey between your black and white idealism.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What I have noticed is the amount of bullying on American 'school' shows, the 'nice' actor is always being bullied, and the 'bully' seems to get away with it.
No wonder some children in real life take their parents firearms and go on a shooting spree.
I have had a long working life, and I can say that stupidity always wins, or bullying, I have walked out on jobs to get away from both.
Some firms have actually employed 'below par' personnel because they are cheap, not knowing what damage they do in the long run.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join