It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anybody want to rule the world....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Kings and castles are things that will not fit in our time. The last few hundred years we humans have liberated ourselves from being ruled by kings and masters.

Okay...we are still being ruled by hidden forces but they are on the way out also. We fought and will continue to fight for our freedom and free will and thought. That is what a human person is all about and needs if it wants to grow and develope.

Cultures can blossom and people can feel happy if they have these freedoms.

How stupid can a person or a group of persons be to think that forcing their leadership and rules upon the people will contribute to a better world?

What they are trying to do is setting back time and will sooner or later the wars for freedom start all over again. Their wish to rule and control the world is doomed to fail....simple as that.

We as humans have grown to beings that are ready for the next stage in our social evolution.

The internet, telecommunication and fast traveling have made the world a smaller place. We can connect with everybody better and able to share global ideas about how we can make the world work ffor everybody on this planet.

That is where we should spent our energy and recources on. How incredible stupid and blind must these idiots who start wars be. These guys are educated people and one should expect some reason and brilliant thinking but they are completely missing the point of their power.

Money and making more money.......that is what these idiots are focussed on. But still why do they do not see that they can make big profits by doing the right thing with helping humankind forward instead of backwards?

They are truly stupid and backwards or they are seeking misery for mankind on purpose and are they willing to sacrifice their own and family name for it.

Who wants to force his personal ideas on the people anyway? What an arrogance and stupidity of the exceptional kind.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by zatara]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
to change the course of history, to create their own reality as they see fit in their mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think its more than wanting to rule or change things to fit their way. I mean, its multiple people striving for the same goal of a one world government. They are so rich it doesn't even matter anymore. When it comes to making money - they win.

But its still more than just making money.

They know something we don't, and they are trying to desperately establish a one world government. If only they would tell us what they know, we might agree to it...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

do you think it has to do with supernatural things, such as aliens?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ego, mostly. If someone were able to conquer the world, they'd be, by definition, the most important person in history. I don't have any doubt that was a major part of the motivations behind Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Emperor Qin of China, Napoleon and Hitler.

I have this one friend, nice girl, but she has an egomaniacal side that sometimes comes out. More than once we got into a conversation about this sort of thing and she said she'd love to rule the world, that she's be a great benevolent dictator. Except I know she wouldn't be very benevolent to those she doesn't like or agree with...I would fear for them. I'd fare really well, she'd probably make me governor of Australia, or something, but I don't know I'd want any part of that.

I know her too well, and little personality traits that are just amusing and even weirdly endearing in her would be terrifying if she actually ran the world. I know that ruling the world would be the most satisfying thing possible for her ego and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she even fantasizes about it. The subject seems to come up with her in conversation every now and then. She's not very practical, she hasn't thought through what the responsibilities would be like, she just thinks it would be really awesome to own everything and be in a position where everyone had to do whatever she said.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The desire to rule the world, in my opinion, is driven by extreme Megalomania. Alternatively, it could be a case of someone believing with all their being that they, and only they, know what is best for humanity and they are "hellbent" on making sure they are in charge.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why would anybody want to rule the world?
Let's see, five letter word P-O-W-E-R.
The exercise of power fulfills some primal urge to dominate and it seems like self determinism (free will) excessively externalized - kinda like "will" gone wild.

Wasn't it Milton's Paradise Lost "It is better to rule in hell than serve in heaven"?

gj

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
People always in power think they are the ones with all the answers, and that they should rule over all of us.

Its like this is all walks of life.

Also has alot to do with ego's, man these people love themselves. the higher you go up in this system the more weird they become.

Who the feck knows how weird they are at the top, but man on our level they are weird enough.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I do not seek to rule the world in order to dominate others - I seek to rule the world in order to fix it.

Do I think I am the best equipped for the job here on Earth? - of all the people I have met so far on this planet - I can say fully without ego - yes!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Look at parents, they think they know it all and don't have a ting to learn and tell you how to live life, because they've done and seen it all. I imagine the same with power hungry individuals, they think they can do it better if everyone just listens to them. Why does anyone want power? btw if you find an anwser let me know.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As is sadly so often the case these days, Orwell can shed some light on the situation:

'And now let us get back to the question of "how" and "why". You understand well enough HOW the Party maintains itself in power. Now tell me WHY we cling to power. What is our motive? Why should we want power? Go on, speak,' he added as Winston remained silent...

'You are ruling over us for our own good,' he said feebly. 'You believe that human beings are not fit to govern themselves, and therefore----'

He started and almost cried out. A pang of pain had shot through his body. O'Brien had pushed the lever of the dial up to thirty-five.

'That was stupid, Winston, stupid!' he said. 'You should know better than to say a thing like that.'

He pulled the lever back and continued:

'Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently...The real power, the power we have to fight for night and day, is not power over things, but over men.' He paused, and for a moment assumed again his air of a schoolmaster questioning a promising pupil: 'How does one man assert his power over another, Winston?'

Winston thought. 'By making him suffer,' he said.

'Exactly. By making him suffer. Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but MORE merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress towards more pain. The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we shall destroy--everything. Already we are breaking down the habits of thought which have survived from before the Revolution. We have cut the links between child and parent, and between man and man, and between man and woman. No one dares trust a wife or a child or a friend any longer. But in the future there will be no wives and no friends. Children will be taken from their mothers at birth, as one takes eggs from a hen...There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always--do not forget this, Winston--always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.'

-George Orwell, 1984

[edit on 4/22/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

We all want to rule the world!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think there is gross underestimation of people in power. The ones who were born into it have to be stronger than those not. I think also once your in that position that you do things you think best. Wether that be helping or selfish.

I don't think as many want to rule the world as want to fix?

Is it not good to try fix? Problem is its hard to give up your power whatever the amount.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

They know something we don't, and they are trying to desperately establish a one world government. If only they would tell us what they know, we might agree to it...

You have your head in exactly the right place and are unbelievably close to figuring out everything.

The rulers not leaders, of this world are referenced often in words long written down.
They are the wicked and they believe
in God because they are at war with him. They hate him and all of his creations including
mankind. And there is really no other way to make sense of it.
edit on 21-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Damn, you beat me to it.

Yes, we all want to rule the world. Only I have the right qualifications being a superior form of life than the hairless apes that currently run this pathetic little mudball in space.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
. [color=gold] Kings and castles are things that will not fit in our time.

Originally posted by zatara

The last few hundred years we humans have liberated ourselves from being ruled by kings and masters.

ROFLMAO
...omg, can't breath, make it stop....
lol
lol

/gasp for air

Mike

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is not about ruling the world per se... it is more like fashioning the world to fit their vision. It just so happens that that vision involves eliminating 90% of us...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
But but...

I just wanna sit in the throne... even if only for a minute...

top topics

join