It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to share this with you, sunspots & earthquakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Like i said i will continue to post my research into the sun and earthquakes.
On going through my findings i have come to the conclusion that maybe some solar activity might have an affect on the earth's crust/techtonic plates. So im now 50/50 on the idear.

As promised, below you will find further research. Enjoy
It did take me a few hours, and this time i have input more information.

Research Starting May 2010

2nd Pichilemu (Chile) (6.0, May 2)- NO-NAME ACTIVE REGION: An unstable nest of magnetic fields emerged over the sun's northeastern horizon yesterday, and it is crackling with C-class solar flares.

4th Biobío (Chile) (6.4, May 3)- EMERGING SUNSPOTS: As of 1321 UT on May 3rd, there are four sunspot groups on the Earth-facing side of the sun.

3rd Sumatra (Indonesia) (7.2, May 9) - AMAZING ERUPTIONS: This weekend, magnetic fields around sunspot 1069 became unstable and erupted--over and over again. On May 8th alone, the active region produced more than half a dozen flares.

Vanuatu (7.2, May 28) - WEAK IMPACT: A coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth's magnetic field during the early hours of May 28th, but the impact was weak and did not trigger strong geomagnetic activity. The chances for auroras tonight are subsiding.

June 2010

Nicobar Islands (Indian Ocean) (7.7, Jun 13) - SOLAR FLARE UPDATE: Sunspot 1079 near the sun's southwestern limb has joined this weekend's flare show (described below) with a series of its own M- and C-class eruptions. An even stronger M2-class flare on June 12th (0055 UT) sparked a bright flash of extreme ultraviolet radiation, propelled a shock wave through the sun's atmosphere, and hurled a billion-ton coronal mass ejection (CME) into space. The CME is expected to miss Earth--so no auroras.

Papua (Indonesia) (7.0, Jun 16) - No sunspot on this day. There were strong Solar winds
speed: 508.3 km/sec.

2nd Solomon Islands (6.7, Jun 26) - New sunspot growing + LUNAR ECLIPSE.

Oaxaca (Mexico) (6.2, Jun 30) - One sunspot.

5th Biobío (Chile) (6.5, Jul 14) - Sunspot 1087 is slowly decaying, but it still poses a threat for C-class + SOLAR ACTIVITY: The magnetic canopy of sunspot 1087 is crackling with low-level solar flares. The biggest of the day so far, a C1-flare at 1230 UT on July 14th, caught the attention of NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory.

I have decided only to go with 6+ mag quakes this time as it would have taken me days to input all the quakes!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Once again the sun has sprung into life and we have seen quite a few large earthquakes over the past week or so.

Today we had the 7.3 in PNG and there has also been a lot of activity going on in Alaska.

I will continue to keep a log of all sunspot/flare activity along with quakes above 6 mag.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What I would find interesting would be to gather the data on all the 5.0 or greater quakes that occurred on days when there were NO sunspots, or only negligible activity.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Guess what. You're going to find that there are sunspots present around the time that earthquakes occur. Guess why. Because there going to be more sunspots. It's going to get really tricky though, because in a while there will be long stretches when there are always sunspots.

Does that mean there are going to be more earthquakes? Not really. Not according to the data.

Does that mean that sunspots cause earthquakes. Not hardly.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Guess what. You're going to find that there are sunspots present around the time that earthquakes occur. Guess why. Because there going to be more sunspots. It's going to get really tricky though, because in a while there will be long stretches when there are always sunspots.

Does that mean there are going to be more earthquakes? Not really. Not according to the data.

Does that mean that sunspots cause earthquakes. Not hardly.

All i wanted to do was see if anybody could give insight into sun activity and earthquakes.

I am no expert, in the subject. Its just an interest i have outside of being a full time mum

I am glad you are straight and to the point about this subject as that was what i was looking for. Thank you for your information/input on this thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadred
What I would find interesting would be to gather the data on all the 5.0 or greater quakes that occurred on days when there were NO sunspots, or only negligible activity.

that does sound interesting, but it would take a very long time to gather all the information. It took me long enough when i first started this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join