It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force's Mystery X-37B Robot Spaceship to Launch Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Air Force's Mystery X-37B Robot Spaceship to Launch Today

www.foxnews.com

The United States Air Force's novel robotic X-37B space plane is tucked inside the bulbous nose cone of an unmanned rocket and poised for an evening blastoff from Florida tonight on a mission shrouded in secrecy.

The spacecraft, called the Orbital Test Vehicle, is poised to launch atop an Atlas 5 rocket from a seaside pad at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. Liftoff is slated for sometime during a nine-minute window that opens at 7:52 p.m. EDT.

There's an 80 percent chance of good weather to launch the X-37B space plane. But what it will actually do in space and when i
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So what do you think this Space plane might do in a few months?
Mayeb is a test plane to save us from 2012? or maybe its a new way to go to mars?
Who knows, but we all can talk about it though!!!!

please read and give your opinions on this, I really would love to know what they are doing in Secret.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There is a good article about it on IEEE Spectrum magazine, they even had their own theory about its purpose:

Observers suspect that the test flight may involve observations of another space vehicle. This suspicion was fanned by the announcement in late February that a Mach-5 hypersonic glider would be launched from California toward a Pacific tracking site during the X-37B's first week in orbit.

spectrum.ieee.org...

new topics

join