It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I keep wondering if there will eventually be other alternate universes explored, and also if there will be a large story arc that doesn't involve alternate universes. I guess it depends how long the series keeps going. New episode Thursday.

Your avatar is destroying my soul, Gazrok.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Well, this avatar is more "cheery"...

I think it's always been the plan for this alternate universe, and of course the "Fringe" division giving the show it's name.

More universes might complicate the show even more, but I think the central arc will be the two alternate worlds (and their characters) trying to keep from destroying themselves and each other in the process.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Eventful episode...(SPOILERS if you haven't seen it)..

Peter outs Newlivia.
Alter Broyles helps Oldlivia escape and becomes Broiled Boyles.
Newlivia makes it back to her world and completes her mission.
Walternate may now have all of the pieces of device.

The big thing is though...doesn't Peter need to be the one in it?
Why has Walternate seemed to neglect this fact?
Definitely another twist around the corner, but then next episode seems to be another "Freak of the Week" kind?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Walternate may now have all of the pieces of device.

But didn't Newlivia leave the stolen piece on this side with the guy who wanted new legs who then passed it on to the guy who gave him "legs"?

Alter-Broyles getting fried is going to allow Walternate to proceed unopposed...or is Newlivia going to have "feelings" for this side?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

Yes, but safe to assume the piece is destined for the other side. She didn't come here and get it for nothing. Stands to reason they'd have a means for getting it back. I mean, they had precision enough to get Newlivia out of a van.

I think Newlivia will have feelings for this side, and reach Oldlivia's conclusion, that there must be a way to save both (especially when she learns Peter will have to be used for the device)....

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow that episode really blew me away! It felt like a season finale, and it wasn't even a mid-season finale! I guess we were all wrong about Peter having figured Fauxlivia out and playing her.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I still think he had suspicions, and the phone call nailed it (which is how he so quickly decided to test her)... Surprised he was that obvious though, but was a great episode.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
OK episode I thought. Can't think of any comments to make. No new episode until Friday, January 21st

It looks to be an observeriffic return. I'm still betting that they are somehow connected to "the first people".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We still have a month to go until new episodes, but FOX has released a new (non-spoiler) promo mocking everyone who is saying that Friday is a death slot and that Fringe is going to bite the dust:

I think this is really good news, honestly. These new promos tell me that FOX still believes in Fringe.

The next new episode of Fringe is titled "Firefly" and airs FRIDAY January 21st.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I know I'm late to the game, but I'm going through some serious Fringe withdraw.... Considering there are 22 episodes to this season and we are barely half way through...that means Fringe will be on til....May?
That some serious investment for us Fringese. I will be so disappointed if they aren't signed for another season! I'm guessing that will be determined based on how well they perform on Friday nights.

As for the last show, I think Oldlivia is going to be mighty pi$$ed that Waternate killed Alt-Broyles in such a dastardly way.

I also think Newlivia is going to turn on Walternate once she learns that Peter will allegedly be killed by it. Something tells me her relationship with her BF will fall apart, too, now that she has slept with Peter.

My husband and I are split on whether Oldlivia will eventually forgive Peter for sleeping with Newlivia. I don't think she will until he is in a near-death situation when she will finally find forgiveness. He disagrees and think she will get over it rather quickly...

Anyone think Walter is going to get his brain pieces back?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Regardless, it is a death slot, and it will kill the series. There's no better teacher than history, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Regardless, it is a death slot, and it will kill the series. There's no better teacher than history, unfortunately.

FOX has been advertising the move a lot, which is really helpful. In the past they moved shows around and I would never see advertisements about it. That's how Family Guy originally died. They also noted that nearly half of Fringe's audience would DVR the show so there's no reason to expect to lose that. They sound really optimistic about the show and it is still getting great critical reviews and winning awards everywhere.

What concerns me is that it is going up against "Supernatural" which probably attracts a similar audience. Fringe does much better ratings but it could be hurt a little if people choose to stick with that show on Friday nights.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I watch all these type shows.

Loved Millennium.

Fringe tries too hard. I quit watching it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

As long as they consider the DVR audience for advertising, it's good, but the thing is, we can FF through commercials, and they (and the advertisers) know it...so they can SAY it all they want, but they won't REALLY factor in that audience in a decision to kill it.

Time will tell. I really hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Anyone think Walter is going to get his brain pieces back?

Lets hope NOT...it's those missing pieces that make the character so great and quirky...(and, complete Walter is a SCARY dude....)
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by MrAndy

As long as they consider the DVR audience for advertising, it's good, but the thing is, we can FF through commercials, and they (and the advertisers) know it...so they can SAY it all they want, but they won't REALLY factor in that audience in a decision to kill it.

Time will tell. I really hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I don't know if Fringe is particularly unique in the amount of people who record it through DVR. I watch it while I DVR it, so I don't know how I am reflected in their ratings.

I know that some advertisers are wary of buying advertising time on shows that are heavily recorded, so with more and more people getting DVR technology I wonder what is going to happen in the next few years. I hope that TV shows won't be forced to use a lot of product placement in their shows.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now I am worried. For some reason the reception of Fox is muted and it's the only channel I can't hear anything at all on????
I don't have the tevo connected as of yet, but even if I did, I am assuming it would tape the whole darn thing without sound anyways? So I usually watch on Hulu. So how does this affect it's ratings? Do they take into consideration the HULU people?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Fringe!! Tonight!! 9PM/8PM Central!! 3.10 "The Firefly" (which I hear is a reference to Joss Whedon)

The previews make it look very observer heavy, this could be a really good one.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Now I am worried. For some reason the reception of Fox is muted and it's the only channel I can't hear anything at all on????
I don't have the tevo connected as of yet, but even if I did, I am assuming it would tape the whole darn thing without sound anyways? So I usually watch on Hulu. So how does this affect it's ratings? Do they take into consideration the HULU people?

I'm sorry, I really don't know the answer to that. You could always turn your TV to Fringe and have subtitles on!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

It's a conspiracy, dude!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So the ratings are in and Fringe didn't suffer any ratings loss. A 1.9 is about what they average on a regular night. It was tied as the highest rated show on Friday night, along with "Kitchen Nightmares" which I think is the show it followed on FOX. The show needs to stay above 1.7, which I think is their lowest rating for a new episode. Next week puts it up against a new episode of "Supernatural" so I am curious as to how it will fare.

I don't know if anyone here is a Twin Peaks fan, but in this episode, Walter mentions that his red/blue lensed glasses were created by his friend from Washington, Doctor Jacoby. I've never seen the show so this means nothing to me, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone missed it.

I thought it was really amazing seeing the Observer's plans go into action (and catch bullets). It reminded me of that episode "The Plateau" earlier this season with Milo Stanfield who was able to accurately predict a chain of events. What I don't understand is why wouldn't this interference have "unforeseen consequences"? I suppose its possible that he had planned everything out, but saving Peter and Walter from the icy lake was a spontaneous act.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Right, but this time he had more "time" (hehe) to plan out all of the consequences in the chain of events (and seems to have had help in doing so). It's odd that they (Observers) seem only "partially" omniscient.

Olivia needs to get over the whole other Olivia thing with Peter...time to let it go. (and now I have to find that book, hehe).

Things really seem to pick up next episode, with the machine being made???!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join