It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know there are a couple threads on BTS about the TV show Fringe, but there so old and no one seems to comment on them anymore, so I started a new one.
Anyway, tonight Peter is going to find out he is from the other universe. This should be huge. How is it going to effect Walter and Peters relationship? What about Olivia and Peters relationship? Also the shape-shifters and Newton come back tonight. Any thoughts on where the show will go in the future? What are some of the biggest mysteries of the show that you want answered? Come on BTS 4 hours and 42 minutes til show time!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Episode 2.19: "The Man From the Other Side"
Two teenagers turn up dead, displaying wounds that are trademarks of the shape shifters. The Fringe division discover a shape shifting embryo and Walter returns to his lab to analyze the evidence, while Olivia and Peter go to Massive Dynamic in search for answers. Peter reveals a family secret and Walter tries to understand the motives of shape shifting mastermind Newton.

Should be a good one!

WARNING! Semi-Spoilerish:
Leonard Nimoy said in an interview that he has completed filming for Fringe and is retiring for acting. I assume this means we will soon see the end of Dr. William Bell!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I honestly cannot wait!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

How is it going to effect Walter and Peters relationship?

I would hope Peter would understand Walter saved his life, and understand Walter's grief...

What about Olivia and Peters relationship?

I don't see why it would be affected. If anything, the distancing will be over...and it will be strengthened, but hopefully remain a friendship.

Also the shape-shifters and Newton come back tonight. Any thoughts on where the show will go in the future?

Finally back on track, I hope...tired of the "threat of the week" episodes not having anything to do with the main storyline...they seem to be doing this for syndication value...

What are some of the biggest mysteries of the show that you want answered?

When did Bell go to the other side? (Was it before Walter?) I think it was...(he wasn't "in Europe")...

Why did Bell set up shop in the other Universe and not return to the original?

Why do the ones from the other side WANT a war?

The military was obviously aware of the other Universe, so why did they apparently take no action? Why allow Bell to disappear and why allow Walter to be institutionalized (if anything, if I was the government, I'd have iced these two, if they weren't working for me, but that's just the efficient thing to do...)

What's the story of the bowling guy? What's his past?

Who (and where) are the Observers? We can imply they are like "Time Cops" or "Temporal Police", but we don't have any solid info on them...or why they are the way they are. Are they aliens? Supernatural beings of some kind?

That's just a few....

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Also the shape-shifters and Newton come back tonight. Any thoughts on where the show will go in the future?

Finally back on track, I hope...tired of the "threat of the week" episodes not having anything to do with the main storyline...they seem to be doing this for syndication value...

I agree, although the last episode with time-traveling robocop may be of some significance to the storyline at another time. What bothers me is that I thought they were going to start searching for the other ones involved in the cortexiphan trials.. whatever happened to that??

I notice a lot of TV shows these days seem to have really great ideas, but drag things out and advance the plot ever so slowly. "Jericho" comes to mind, and I hear "Flash Forward" has done the same. I felt that way watching a few of the seasons of "Lost". These shows probably would have made better movies or mini-series. I don't understand why Fringe throws "filler" episodes in every now and then, it definitely doesn't feel like a limiting story to me.

This week's episode was awesome. I wonder if Alter-Walter was the man on the bridge? Next week's episode looks very skippable. But I blame FOX for wanting every show next week to be a musical. Gross.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They throw the stand-alones in to make it more attractive to syndication...that's all a money play....

Wow, what an episode!

MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Ok, with that said, not sure, but I think we just got a MAJOR clue last night, with two little words...."I'm sorry"...said by the shapeshifter embryo...

Why?

Because it all falls into place now. He said this to Walter, implying that in the other Universe, this is who he reports to...(i.e., Mr. Secretary)...which then answers my question...

Why do the ones from the other side WANT a war?

Think about it, Walter in the alternate Universe, has his son kidnapped, by seemingly another "him". What would he do? Easy, he'd devote every ounce of his intellect on making a doorway. This is why there was only one man (Walter) coming through on the bridge, versus an army. I suspect the other Walter may have worked more closely to that side's military, and thus had to integrate it with a military agenda for the funding, etc. (i.e. why they want war)....

Just need to see where Bell is on this, either as an ally or an enemy.... My guess is really neither, he just wants to prevent the war, and feels he can do more about it on that side. But, the other Walter's rage is likely driving the war effort.

Too bad our Walter didn't get to explain to Peter about saving his life...that certainly changed my ideas about how the relationships would play out. My guess now is that Olivia will be the one that catches up to him, to explain about saving his life.

Great episode though!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm getting a little disgruntled with the show. I hate how at the end it's like "Peter's disappeared, he could be gone forever, etc..." and then you watch next week's preview and everything is all good...

Fringe is the only tv show I care about, but I have no interest in seeing some campy 1920's musical next week.

Not gonna lie Anna Torv is the only reason I'm still watching the show.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Great observation!! I didn't even realize that. I had been wondering about the other Walter and what became of him and the other Elizabeth.

I really really hope that Peter forgives Walter, like you said he saved his life and he originally had every intention of bringing him back but he couldn't do it to Elizabeth. Having said that, I heard spectulation a while back that Peter may go bad. Peter is odviously upset by last nights revelation, he may want to go to the other universe to meet his real dad AND if the other Walter is indeed bad himself since his son was stolen Peter may easily be swayed. Thoughts??

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yea that confused me a bit too, but it is most likely a stand alone show that has nothing to do with the plot, but it may give us hints to the rest of the season.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure what Fox's obsession with musicals is.... That's all well and good, but on Fringe? Can you imagine a musical in Lost? No, neither can I.... Time and place for everything.

At least it looks like it will be in Walter's head...but still, this is definitely a gimmick, and an episode simply made for syndication purposes....

At least Anna should look pretty good for you in this...
She cleans up nice. At first, she was no Scully...but she's kind of grown on me...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh Hell, I guess I can sit through 1 musical-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9853c5e9452.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d709db2dc1b4.jpg[/atsimg]

But if I hear one Madonna song I'm goin'

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Interesting stuff from the interrupted TV signal:

White House gets new Glass Roof - We know that in the alternate world, the white house was struck on 9/11 while the Twin Towers are still intact. Clearly nothing says "we are stronger than before" by making your roof out of glass.

LOST easter egg? - This image seems to show Greg Grunberg (the pilot of Oceanic 815) and Emilie de Ravin (Claire Littleton). A kangaroo image is on the wall so of course they are clearly in australia

LOST easter egg part 2 - Another screen capture of it. It is clearly Greg Grunberg in what looks like a pilots uniform. Maybe this is a later episode of Lost or alternate universe Lost!

US Flag with 48 Stars - Alternate USA is two states short? Maybe Alaska and Hawaii never joined the country.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by MrAndy]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Peter is odviously upset by last nights revelation, he may want to go to the other universe to meet his real dad AND if the other Walter is indeed bad himself since his son was stolen Peter may easily be swayed. Thoughts??

The tension between the main 3 characters is the core of the show. I can't see them screwing that up for long. I think Peter will realize Walter saved him, and understand, and sooner rather than later.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well tomorrow night is the musical.....I must admit I'm not too looking forward to all the singing and dancing (oh god I hope there's no dancing)
BUT I at least hope that we get some info from this episode about the rest of the season and that it's not totally stand alone episode for syndication purposes....I can dream right?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You and me both... I'm just glad Walter is such a great character to allow us to see past the musical bit....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think Walter is the best character on T.V. right now! I don't watch award shows but if anyone deserves an Emmy it's John Nobel!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Would be nice to see, I was glad when "Sheldon" got one for Big Bang Theory...

Well, definitely a stand alone episode, but it was neat that there was a writer concession that Peter has to come back or it wouldn't be a good story...

Next week's seems to have Peter going solo, my guess is with them all reconciling in the last part of the episode..(my hope at least)...

Was also kind of a teaser showing Nina talking to Bell in the other Universe through Walter's screen. (even though in Walter's fantasy story, I think this is a clue). We know where Bell is, my contention is he's been there for a while, even before Walter went...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I watched the show pretty closely last night to see if any clues were being thrown in....only 3 episodes left this season.

Walter odviously wants Peter and Olivia together, I do to....but not just yet.

I wonder if Bell and Nina have some kind of interdimensional relationship going on. Walter seems to think that they either were, are, or want to be together.

Also I may have missed this in earlier episodes/season...Why can't Nina and Bell be on the same side at the same time? I know this had to be answered already I just cannot for the life of me remember.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't think there's any reason beyond Nina taking care of things on this side, while Bell is over there. Nina lost her arm in Walter's portal, so I'm thinking she's not too keen on walking through a portal anytime soon...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is an interview with Jasika Nicole from Fringe about what is to come for the rest of the season.
www.tvovermind.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join