It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Wall Street ways while asking support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Obama slams Wall Street ways while asking support

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK – President Barack Obama rebuked Wall Street for risky practices Thursday even as he sought its leaders' help for "updated, commonsense" banking regulations to head off any new financial crisis.

"Ultimately there is no dividing line between Main Street and Wall Street. We rise or we fall together as one nation. So I urge you to join me," said in a high-stakes speech near the nation's financial hub. His audience included some of the nation's most influential bankers.

The president acknowledged differences of opinion over how to best protect bailout-weary taxpayers but de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's some more empty rehtoric from the current figure head.I truly find all this talk of "bank reform." to be funny the bills passing both houses are going to be so full of loop holes it's going to be a joke there is no way the government will reign in these vultures on wall street especially during a mid-term election year both parties need those donations.Besides the general public won't even pay attention to this since AI,the nba playoffs and all the other distractions floating around that tend to keep people fat,happy and stupid.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't think any bills will pass the senate for the rest of the year. They used the reconciliation process to get the health care bill through and they can only use that one time a year.

Either way though it doesn't matter, Obama is an empty suit doesn't know which way to go. You can tell he hasn't learned anything still. He can't continue to down people then ask for their support all in the same speech. I read something somewhere where Wall Street is switching support from the Dems to the Republicans. Not that it matters, but I thought it was an interesting development, if true.

I agree though, more empty rhetoric. He blew all his political capital on Health Reform, so he is a duck for the rest of his term.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wall street will always be about risks, so why should they care about mainstreet?

I wonder about obama's portfolio?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"the line between wall street and mainstreet..."

the only line that has been drawn here is the pro and anti obama people.

im sitting here reading this and i wonder as many people and corporations hes trashed and continues to trash- how many of those people are gonna contribute to his relection campaign.

lame duck for the rest of the year? hes not done screwing us quite yet.

so dont put anything past him.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by neo96]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is all part of the show,man they give the SEC and anyother regulatory agency some teeth and power but since they are pretty much slaves to wall street...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Yes. This is a complete and utter dog and pony show with no real substance. The US government has been bought and paid for by corproate America and our financial institutions. This whole get tough talk from Obama is a joke. He's a spineless nitwit who will change nothing. The only person that will change anything is an idealogue like Ron Paul who wants to end how money is created in this country by ending the FED. Obama is a corporate throw back just like all of his cabinet. Geithner? LMAO! Come on! That guy is about as corporate and Wallstreet as they come. And he's in charge of the FED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The US government is completely out of controll and there is no going back. Voting has lost all of its power. The only thing that will change the course we are on is a violent uprising where Americans are flipping over cars, rioting in the streest and otherwise making these pukes in government run for their lives. Otherwise we are the frog whose water is coming to a boil. We would never have had the Constitution without violence and the threat of force. Americans need to get angry, get pissed, and start breaking sh@t! The time for talk and tea parties is over.

The other problem with American government is this left right paradigm. Our leaders are so goddamn divided and playing one side against the other they cannot do anything efficiently anymore and are only looking out for their interests. That is why we need term limits and third and fourth parties representing the people. This whole career politician crap aka the Kennedys and Byrds etc. needs to stop. You have 4-8 years to get something done for the American people.......otherwise GET THE F'K OUT and get a real job!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Sorry,but term lmits have done nothing it's a waste when the two choices are always the same.I lean towards a 3rd and 4th parties..

new topics

top topics

join