It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Is The Answer..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
..or is it? Discuss.

Isn't it against the very principles of very Christianity to actually oppress and attack other people:

I am the Lord your God
You shall have no other gods before me
You shall not make for yourself an idol
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
Honor your father and mother
You shall not murder
You shall not commit adultery
You shall not steal*
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor

Seems to me that many so called Christians themselves don't really follow these instructions.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If these rules are what makes them Christians then they are not really Christians at all?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Yeah and it's the same God that told the Israelites to destroy so many nations in the Old Testament, too. LOL doesn't quite jive does it??

But the ten commandments you listed were in the OT, so they were for the Jews. Jesus Christ wasn't born yet, so there weren't any "Christians" when Moses supposedly brought the commandments to the people.

If ya wanna be technical that is.
I agree with your OP really. And I'm not a Christian though.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Lol you're past love already and into judgement of Christians, and meantime are happy to speak on the ideals of Satanists. "Straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel".

This ought to be "interesting".

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I'm not judging anyone, just making points.

Like, let's say, killing of other people is a very unchristian thing to do.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So.

The claim is Christianity not perfection. You could have put a little more time into topic, but you're not perfect.

I'm not judging anyone, just making points.

I fail to see the point.

Love is the answer right?
Sorry that was the way wrong vid. Try again.

Now I got it.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

truthbeknown.com... reveals the inherent hypocrisy of Christianity. Sure that's the message I took from Christianity but if you follow it then civilization just sh*** on you. haha.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully
If these rules are what makes them Christians then they are not really Christians at all?

Yeah, seems to me that a lot of people considering themselves as Christians are only trying to adopt the ten commandments into their own behavior. Like "thou shall not kill" or whatever.. is pretty point on. Leaves a little very little space on interpretation.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you're pretending to promote people as our judges, juries, and executioners on that, I'm going to make apparant your own ideologies from past threads. Conflict of interests seems apparant Tryptych. So let's get over the "fear" address of your post. There is none.

Murder starts with the thought of murder, the thought of stealing, the thought of sex. God judges intent, not so much attitude; attitude is indicative of intent and is the best thing we have through sensory perception to judge it, so people think they are "doing each other a favour" by trying to lash people with heavy judgements on their behaviour.
The actual intents behind deeds do not always show, and while even I'll be right outspoken about matters at times, it's not something I particulaly like making apparant - my intent - but at times it's worth it to carve against the "embarrassment" I'm supposed to feel by such outward show.

It's actually becoming a crime these days among many to show love, goodwill, non-judgement, no wish to control others, no wish to judge others, a willingness to repent of what we do wrong, and to care enough to promote good in others. Please, keep bashing my religion I should say, it only gives opportunity to say on about wholesome matters. Unfortunately no, this constitutes an attack and it feels like work to explain.

Please stop, it doesn't solve anything. I'll happily explain the infiltration and division which the church has suffered at the hands of the elites, and show you how twisted the heresies have become, if you really want. Hate the establishment maybe, but you should check your head before you start criticizing peoples adherance to virtue. You might find yourselves as the ones under scrutiny. Who cares how good your wordcraft is, to obfuscate. Intents will still shine through words, or take away illumination from words.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Love is not the answer, i have never felt it, but i do not want to commit suicide.

I will never go in search of love.

Love is this selfish thing, that i just choose not to bother with.

I cannot see how it will make you hapy, or glad to be around. Kurt cobain one of my heroes thought he was happy with that sl1t. Kurt would of been better of like me, staying away from that stuff, and we would of had his music still.

Love is not my answer in life, and i do not see it opening happiness for many others.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Please, keep bashing my religion I should say, it only gives opportunity to say on about wholesome matters. Unfortunately no, this constitutes an attack and it feels like work to explain.

Actually, you have it upside down. I'm not bashing your religion, this is all about the current state of the so called Christianity and how it actually insults the very basics of the religion itself.

Christianity was all about peace and love, but now it is another tool to start wars on the "infidels". I guess that would be against the principles of the actual school of belief.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Actually, you have it upside down. I'm not bashing your religion, this is all about the current state of the so called Christianity and how it actually insults the very basics of the religion itself.

Christianity was all about peace and love, but now it is another tool to start wars on the "infidels". I guess that would be against the very principles of the very thing.

I think you're confusing Christianity with Islam regarding wars on infides, and I doubt you've the memory or desire to research to accurately host a thread on Christianity. Further, you've already thrown yourself on the side of the satanists, unless you've had a very recent change of heart, and one of their ideologies in practice is to destroy Christian behaviour where you find it, according to my studies. Reason to speak? I think we as Christians have that in light of this.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwardenyou've already thrown yourself on the side of the satanists, unless you've had a very recent change of heart, and one of their ideologies in practice is to destroy Christian behaviour where you find it, according to my studies. Reason to speak? I think we as Christians have that in light of this.

This doesn't really follow any logic at all..

So when I'm questioning the acts made in the name of religion, that makes me a satanist?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your OP makes no sense... not only are you being so general your post lacks any coherence whatsoever, but you're title has little to do with your actual post as well.

Love is the answer, and that is a fact.

The idea though that we should all follow the same views on the afterlife, creation, etc. is a joke though - this just proves it to me more. Everyone should think for themselves, and find truth within. If you need to read the bible to get your religious fix, I have no problem with that, but personally I believe we need to think for ourselves, period. No one can tell us, not even "GOD", what to believe in. God relies on faith, therefore he cannot tell you what to do.

I don't believe in a God though, I believe in one consciousness, which we all share - and we have our higher selves to get guidance from. But that's my beliefs, find your own! Lol, just kidding

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I will never go in search of love.
reply to post by andy1033

Andy, do you even Know what love is dog?
Love is having some one in your life you absolutly care more about than
yourself. Wait for it. It's not complete yet. Then when that person realises
it. That the feeling is true. That causes them to care for you the same way.

I cannot see how it will make you hapy, or glad to be around. Kurt cobain one of my heroes thought he was happy with that sl1t. Kurt would of been better of like me, staying away from that stuff, and we would of had his music still.
Kurt would have been better off staying away from heroin.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
All you need is love, not only a song but a mind-set.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I know that Lennon said that, (and jesus maybe), but I since it's 2010, we can take it a step further.

Namaste. Applaud to you sir and a star.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Thank you. I am so glad you summed it up in your post.
Title? huh? Christian wars? huh? IDK, just do not like to see Love abused.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Kurt would have been better off staying away from heroin.

I am just posting about kurt as it showed the total bull that love is. If you have problems you always will have problems and love will not make them go away.

Conning yourself, does not help, and it did not help kurt.

One thing i will never go into that stuff, and i will always have a negative view of this world. No one knows the really true way to live, i just choose to do it my way, may not be your way, but i will be like me till i die, whenever that is.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

love will not make them go away.

Of course it won't. It can only heal you. Depends how you view "love". I'm not talking about anything between two human beings, that's different. I'm talking about the universal glue, that holds everything together.

It could be when you stay away from drugs (in this case, heroin) you can only receive. Drugs like that are no different from the momentary ecstasy caused by so many other things.

BTW, much strength to all fighting with addictions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join