It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be interesting to find out which gutless little troll is working for splc or adl?

ADL gives good jews a bad name. splc does the same.

wonder if that will earn me a spot? no violence, just facts

www.splcenter.org...

Mark Potok. All you have to do is look at this POS and understand the spineless communist slime that this organization spews.

May our Eternal Maker bless each and every one of these folks. They need it.....bad! Wouldnt you hate to wake everyday being one of these guys?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

i am glad the concept of using the threat of violence as a tool of intimidation isn't always successful. god forbid those prone to violence are irritated if they are ignored and minimized. but because they use violence when they don't get their way, everybody else better back the heck off? no. what do non-violent people get when they're irritated? oh, nothing. might makes right, huh? this goes both ways. and that's kinda the point.

I'm afraid you misunderstood my point, and I apologize for not making it clearer. My gist is not that these folks have to get their way all the time. That's just not how this old world works, violence or not. Matter of fact, violence frequently produces results quite the opposite of those intended, but even that is a resolution of sorts. Just not a satisfactory one.

No sir, my point was that BEING IGNORED, having their voices squashed or simply not heard at all, tends to spur these sorts to activity, in an attempt merely to be heard, to be recognized as humans with concerns. It could all be neatly avoided with a mere acknowledgment, in most cases. Then you would have no actions beyond grumbling, as has been shown time and again.

The rest of your post I agree with, 110 percent.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I think I know the answer but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

Has ABOVETOPSECRET or any entity remotely named that, a subsidary of it, or ANY person or business related to this forum been given a request for info or data of any kind from any group of authorities or press group of any nature in any way shape or form concerning ANY of the viewers or members of this forum.

Thats as close to legaliese as I can get. Please give me the right answer?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by sos37

What you need to find out from Skeptic, in my opinion, is if there have been any requests or demands to release your real name and/or information by government agencies or individuals recently.

If there has been, then you need to know if any of that information was released. And then act accordingly.

If it were the subject of a 'National Security Letter', SO and the site would be barred by statue from affirming or denying whether the were served with such letter or not.

However, if they WEREN'T served, then there's nothing to bar a denial, is there?

Yeah but this is a report from the ADL. Defamation hardly constitutes a matter of "national security", does it?. While it may be hurtful to one's chances for re-election or their credibility and while defamation of character could even cause a loss of wages, I can't see how this would be an issue of national security. Maybe it's because it's late and I'm trying to keep one eye open right now, but I can't wrap my mind around defamation being taken to that extreme.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thrice0ne

You can't debate the topic, so instead sideline it into issues with the generic use of the term 'they'?

I'm afraid space would not permit me to name each individual by name, in every post. Most of those names are very well covered across the internet anyhow. Anyone who had done their homework shouldn't have any difficulties understanding the application of the generic term 'they' to a group of individuals.

You aren't encountering that difficulty, are you?

I would thank you not to lecture me on the proper application of Law Enforcement. That was MY job. Matter of fact, that's where I learned the proper legal definition of the term 'murder', which you so loosely banter about now for the second time in a thread where it has no bearing. WHY are you doing that, by the way? Is it through ignorance of the definition, or is there some other reason?

I'm not judging you just because you "have the ability to see the problems that are being pointed out in the ADL report". I'm saying the problems you think you see aren't necessarily there at all, or at the very least are not as severe as represented.

That sir, is the subject of the thread. Whether this report is just more propaganda of the sort seen far too much of late, whether it was intentionally misrepresented as more sever than reality dictates, and whether the purpose was suppression of dissent.

Further, I would urge you NOT to accuse me of having a "CONSPIRACY MINDSET" at the beginning of a post, and then finish that same post with your own accusations of conspiracy.

That just doesn't parse well.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Poor Doc Velocity, he's one of the moderates here! I've never heard Doc call for violence or even to defend it. His responses are always well thought out and intelligent. He doesn't deserve being on any lists, that's for sure!
This is for you ADL

Note that they only picked posts from march 24 on ATS. Lazy bastards

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Asktheanimals]

They weren't lazy (well, they were...but still). They built the case that supported their position. Cherry picking data.

"Figures don't lie, but liars can figure."

Screw them...screw their lists. This is no time to shy away. Cowardice has not served this nation well in the last 30 years while politcal correctness ran rampant. I don't see Doc or Boondock shying away, either.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you read this report you would know that everything you are posting now, in the future, and who knows how long into the past is being logged and put into a catagory. After some thought this might be my last post or reply. THanks for the info, and i really hope this isn't the end-all list creator that I think it is.

Touche to the person above. I guess I am not afraid of some list and I know I am on some of them already. I will keep posting and no I will not commit suicide. Just in case. i am going to write a book called "suicided" cause I've read about too many coincidents.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by eazyriderl_l]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Yeah but this is a report from the ADL. Defamation hardly constitutes a matter of "national security", does it?. While it may be hurtful to one's chances for re-election or their credibility and while defamation of character could even cause a loss of wages, I can't see how this would be an issue of national security. Maybe it's because it's late and I'm trying to keep one eye open right now, but I can't wrap my mind around defamation being taken to that extreme.

No, a mere defamation of character wouldn't rise to the level of 'national security', but if this 'information' were to be used as the basis of a National Security Letter by a governmental LE agency, then that by itself would propel it into that realm, just by issuing the letter.

Given the subject matter, I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that is the route such agencies would take in pursuit of information.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
so I have a couple questions ::::

How many have seen the movie
"Go tell the Spartans" with Burt Lancaster?? (circa 1978)

and also

How many are going to watch it in the future
just to watch that scene I'm referring to ???

lmao

if I remember correctly, Lancaster plays a US Army
Officer in the Vietnam conflict and he uses that
phrase while talking to another soldier about
the politics of war. It's actually a pretty decent
movie if ya'll wanna check it out

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thrice0ne
reply to post by nenothtu

I do SO hate it when honest debate degenerates into name calling tantrums. You have a nice night, and sleep tight, y'hear?

I note well your over-use of the word "scared". Freudian slip?

Edit to add: I have NO weapons at the moment. Are you telling me that I should or should not be "scared" at that prospect?

[edit on 2010/4/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh, the irony.

The irony of the "Anti-Defamation League" (ADL) publishing a written document that results in the defamation of not only 3 ATS members, but ATS as a whole group?

The fact that the ADL published the defamation makes this libelous.

Not to mention their violation of copyright, using ATS material and posting it on their website to help gather donations.

They should be called the "Pro-Defamation League of Extraordinary Copyright Violators".

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Who remembers the March 31st 2010 DC Shootings?
www.cnn.com...

None of my friends do.

Who remembers the late March Hutaree arrests?

All of my friends do.

The Hutaree are innocent until proven guilty and have killed nobody.

The DC shooters are (I believe) still at large.

Why don't we have a national level "major law enforcement" operation against the gangsters in the population centers?

I'll tell you why, it's because the Hutaree arrests let the administration imply that people on the "right wing" are terrorists. The DC AK47 shooters were most likely NOT right wing activists, so they barely made the news.

By the way, I am a Progressive, a Liberal, and all those things you republicans and conservatives and libertarians hate and I am telling you that what the media is doing to you is unfair and wrong and that we need to stop this unfair characterization of the right wing just because it benefits our agenda.

By pretending the right wing are evil and racist and stupid we are pissing them off with our dishonesty, we are giving the really dangerous extremists (NOT THE RIGHT WING FASCISM KNOWS NO POLITICAL PARTY) a vehicle to trick the right wing into joining them.

We need to stop this, we need to accept the right of the right to assemble and protest just like we did under Bush. We need to encourage discussion rather than try to silence the right with unfair humiliation tactics.

We the people need to stop fighting against we the people before it is too late.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This country is falling apart. Now we have a list, some from ATS being compiled...To what ends? Will we be rounded up?

The DHS thinks the Tea Partiers and their supporters are going to start getting violent, the SPLC is putting people like Ron Paul on lists, and now we have a list of citizens.
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to tyranny. May God help us.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This topic is flipping ridiculous.

I am here supporting the stop of all threats made on the internet, and I get attacked by the members! Here the nice guy gets attacked!

Wow you ATSers sure know what side you are on.... the criminals side.

Good bye ATSers, you deserve to be on ADL's list.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
With all the viruses that have tried to get into my computer alone from visiting ATS I fully expect agent provocateurs to harvest ATS accounts and create incriminating evidence picking off ATS members one by one as they see fit. COINTELPRO has sent many an individual on a trip to never never land. All I can say is Cover Your Posteriors.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
well here's the trailer for Go tell the Spartans.
I was hoping that phrase would be used
in the trailer but it isn't.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thrice0ne
Wow you ATSers sure know what side you are on.... the criminals side.

Discussing the speculative probabilities of violence occurring in a highly-stressed society such as what is now being witnessed, is not a crime... it's free expression.

Calling someone a criminal, however, is an insult not tolerated under our terms and conditions.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
How many have seen the movie
"Go tell the Spartans" with Burt Lancaster?? (circa 1978)

I think that quote is from the movie “Full Metal Jacket”, as I recall that scene, but have never seen the movie you are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join