It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

xactly right. This website has now been infected by bible-thumping, "tea-bagging" trailer trash who use this site as a soapbox to make their racist comments and threats against the people of the United States and its government. And people are surprised that this brings up red flags amongst certain agencies? To be honest, I blame the mods and admin for allowing this to go unchecked for so long. Presumably because they are more interested in quantity of users (for financial reasons) than quality of content.

Wow, are you, the holier than thou, going to enforce your agenda now?

Attacking other members.

Attacking the owners and mods.

Please post a comment within context that shows any call for violence.

Wow, racists, tea-baggers, trailer trash, and then state the content has gone down hill.

Please post a thread title you have created. Oh, wait, nothing?

One word descriptor, elitist.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurch

My point is quite simple:

This site is being used as a soapbox and meeting place for "Tea Party" members, supporters and sympathisers. This demographic far outnumbers any other on ATS right now, having infiltrated the site at an ever-increasing rate for approximately 2 years now. This trend shows no sign in stopping, in fact it seems to be getting worse.

Perhaps. I have no objective numbers on this, although I seem to have noticed quite the opposite. However, my observations are highly subjective, as are yours.

For the sake of debate, let's suspend objectivity for the moment, and say you're right, the Tea Party activists have taken over the ship, and their numbers are ever increasing. What would that be indicative of? Increasing dissatisfaction, perhaps? I mean, really, how would such an organization attract membership if everyone were satisfied with the status quo? How would they get the numbers for your alleged takeover if everything were peachy?

It seems to me that if that many folks are becoming dissatisfied, and aching for their voices to be heard, it may not be the most effective thing to simply ignore them, hoping they'll go away.

Could force them to get that much louder, now couldn't it? Is that what you're hoping for?

Clearly this trend has been picked up on by certain agencies and organisations out there, who have highlighted ATS as a site worth keeping a close eye on due to this specific demographic - some of whom have made threats of violence against specific individuals and the country as a whole.

Could you be so kind as to point out these alleged 'specific' threats? If you can, I'll see to it. Specific threats are illegal, and should be dealt with in some manner other than a propagandistic hit piece.

This monitoring is quite understandable, taking into account the large membership of this site, the large amount of "Tea Party" people on here and much of the sentiment and perceived threats expressed daily on this site.

Indeed, we probably should keep an eye on those dangerous Tea Party folk. While we're at it, let's keep an eye on those dangerous truthers, birthers, beaurocracy supporters, status-quo supporters ( I mean, really, they're trying to lead us into an oblivion of Oneness, aren't they?), those dangerous war protestors, dangerous leftists, rightists, democrats, republicans, libertarians... the list goes on,, and leads right up to YOU, who are currently expressing your dissent, right here in public! Where do you propose we stop the surveillance, or should we just watch everyone?

If ATS doesn't like this attention and monitoring - there is really only one solution; Stop people making such threats. Stop allowing ATS to be turned into Tea Party HQ. This would probably be bad for business though. Also, seeing as ATS is a privately owned website, "freedom of speech" arguments do not come into play. The owner can ban any form of discussion he or she pleases.

Again, I stress that no threats have been made. No matter how many times you claim they were, it doesn't change the facts. Saying it louder doesn't make it so.

ATS was built on the free expression of ideas. Censorship of that expression will NOT assist it in being realized. You're quite correct, ATS is privately owned, and as such they are allowed to support that expression as fully as they care to.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I read an article recently by Foxman of the ADL, unsurprisingly reports of the organ harvesting scandal in Israel had got up his nose and the allegations of harvesting on Haiti had been repeated on Infowars and Ats so it is really not surprising if they see these two sites as a threat.Maybe this is a motive for them to target these sites.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by INQUISITION11]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

The "Tea Party" are certainly not a mainstream group. They're a lunatic fringe who have gained a small amount of exposure in recent times in certain right-wing media because the Republicans lost the last election.

Those of a "Tea Party" persuasion are vastly outnumbered by the majority of peaceful American citizens.

Quit the bait and switch! A full One Third of Americans see the Government the greatest threat to thier freedoms.

www.time.com...

And CNN?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

And MSNBC???

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A full One Half are now skeptical of Washington D.C.

You were saying?

The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

www.nytimes.com...

A bunch of middle-aged, far-right, probably racist, hillbillies do not represent a majority of Americans.

In fact they represent only 18%.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just great ... this thread has turned into partizan bickering, personal insults, and members accusing other members of being "agents" just for speaking their minds ...

Just what we didn't need.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I have seen many posts on this site calling for violence and revolution - in fact these type of posts are made daily on this site. People on here want to slaughter their fellow citizens in an act of treason and civil war.

This is not acceptable.

If I were to link you to an Islamo-fascist messageboard whose members were calling for violence against the US Government, I'm sure your tune would change.

The type of comments made on this site by "Tea Party" people are no different and should be treated as just as much of a threat by the relevant authorities.

And every day, in these threads, where violence is discussed, there are also people preaching AGAINST violence and promoting NON VIOLENT action.

But that would be too inconvenient for you to spin with your half-truths and idiocy.

These people are being outnumbered on ATS now by those calling for violence, many of whom claim to be associated with or sympathise with the "Tea Party" movement.

Presumably the infiltration of this site by such people is what has raised flags within certain agencies recently.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
reply to post by burntheships

That's kind of funny, because I've never had a post removed for terms and conditions.

Thats funny you might want to go back and look at all of your off topic and inflammatory posts that have been removed. I just clicked on two more. Your agenda is very obvious, and you have failed miserably.

This is a forum for free thought and discussion of ideas, not one for bashing its members and the moderators, and the site owners.

Clearly the election of Obama, the current financial crisis, and the discussion of immigration reform, along with dissent about government policies has at least a full One Half of this U.S. in disagrement with the its current administration.

www.prisonplanet.com...

As I stated before, vocalized dissent does not equal hate or in any way, violence.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

This website has now been infected by bible-thumping, "tea-bagging" trailer trash who use this site as a soapbox to make their racist comments and threats against the people of the United States and its government.

Nice. If you can't argue logically against them, it's always a suifficient fallback position to resort to base villification and outright prevarication, right?

To be honest, I blame the mods and admin for allowing this to go unchecked for so long. Presumably because they are more interested in quantity of users (for financial reasons) than quality of content.

I've noted previously in this thread that it's probably not the wisest course of action to win readers to your side to attack the site itself, and it's administration.

Why do folks sit here and spew if they don't like it? Do you also watch tv programming you detest?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Yeah thanks!

This is exactly what I was worried about in my post a couple of pages back! - if it's true that is?

This surely is answering my question to SO about the origin and purpose of the agenda.

So could this actually be an agenda of a foreign nation state and their intelligence service in work here?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

However, you shouldn't then be all outraged and surprised when
certain organisations and agencies pick up on some of the inflammatory,
dangerous and threatening comments certain Tea Party people have
made on this website

this is about the 3rd or 4th time this tea party thingy
has been interjected into this thread.

Let me clarify something. I cannot speak for others
but I am a registered Democrat in my district.
I have never been a member of the tea party
in any form, nor have I ever been to one of
their functions or events, nor have I ever
contributed to their cause, nor have I ever met
one knowingly, nor am I affiliated with them or in
correspondence with them (did I cover them all?).
So if you are suggesting to anyone that I am a tea partier,
then you are sadly mistaken. So dont lump all of
us in your sweeping generalizations. That indeed
would be a mistake AND a lie.

And for the record I DID NOT vote for Obama,
nor John McCain but I did write in a congressman's
name on my ballot for president. That name was
Ron Paul of Texas. And I will do so again in the next
election, IF this country don't fall apart first.
I'M NOT THREATENING THAT IT WILL, I'm
just saying IF we get that far.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
"First they came for the Militia members, but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Militia member.

Then they came for the tea-partiers, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a tea-partier.

Then they came for the tax protestors,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a tax protester.

Then they came for ATS—
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

[edit on 4/23/10 by silent thunder]

Excellent use of history.

Only one problem my friend. If they actually hit a "real" militia, its all gonna go up in flames immediately. Lets see them go after MoM or some real heavy hitters like that.

this little show the feds put on? they showed their cards. Not smart.
star

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I have seen many posts on this site calling for violence and revolution - in fact these type of posts are made daily on this site. People on here want to slaughter their fellow citizens in an act of treason and civil war.

This is not acceptable.

If I were to link you to an Islamo-fascist messageboard whose members were calling for violence against the US Government, I'm sure your tune would change.

The type of comments made on this site by "Tea Party" people are no different and should be treated as just as much of a threat by the relevant authorities.

And every day, in these threads, where violence is discussed, there are also people preaching AGAINST violence and promoting NON VIOLENT action.

But that would be too inconvenient for you to spin with your half-truths and idiocy.

These people are being outnumbered on ATS now by those calling for violence, many of whom claim to be associated with or sympathise with the "Tea Party" movement.

Presumably the infiltration of this site by such people is what has raised flags within certain agencies recently.

So you have painstakingly counted every post made here and came up to the conclusion that more people here are for violence than non-violent means.

Since you say so with such conviction, can you provide evidence (and no, don't tell me to just "look around")? Because I'm certainly interested especially when the first major wave of such talk got HUGE back lash through many threads and it eventually died down after a LARGE MAJORITY of people were attacking the people calling or supporting violence.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Any of this any use to anyone?

Domain ID: D5416962-LROR
Domain Name: ADL.ORG
Created On: 21-Jul-1995 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On: 16-Feb-2008 17:40:50 UTC
Expiration Date: 20-Jul-2011 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID: 23237050-NSIV
Registrant Name:Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Registrant Organization:Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Registrant Street1: ATTN insert domain name here
Registrant Street2: care of Network Solutions
Registrant City: Drums
Registrant State/Province
A
Registrant Postal Code:18222
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5707088780
Admin ID:35152999-NSIV
Admin Name: Anti-Defamation League
Admin Organization: Anti-Defamation League
Admin Street1: ATTN insert domain name here
Admin Street2: care of Network Solutions
Admin City: Drums
Admin State/Province: PA
Admin Postal Code:18222
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone:+1.5707088780
Tech ID:23237050-NSIV
Tech Name: Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Tech Organization: Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Tech Street1: ATTN insert domain name here
Tech Street2: care of Network Solutions
Tech City: Drums
Tech State/Province: PA
Tech Postal Code:18222
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone:+1.5707088780
Name Server: SVL-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
Name Server: DCA-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
Name Server: DNS.ADL.ORG

Site Profile and Search Rank
IP History: 9 changes on 7 unique name servers over 5 years.
Whois History: 221 records have been archived since 2001-07-24 .
Dedicated Hosting: adl.org is hosted on a dedicated server.

Domain ID: D5416962-LROR
Domain Name: ADL.ORG
Created On: 21-Jul-1995 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On: 16-Feb-2008 17:40:50 UTC
Expiration Date: 20-Jul-2011 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID: 23237050-NSIV
Registrant Name: Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Registrant Organization: Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Registrant Street1: ATTN insert domain name here
Registrant Street2: care of Network Solutions
Registrant City: Drums
Registrant State/Province: PA
Registrant Postal Code:18222
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone:+1.5707088780
Admin ID:35152999-NSIV
Admin Name: Anti-Defamation League
Admin Organization: Anti-Defamation League
Admin Street1: ATTN insert domain name here
Admin Street2: care of Network Solutions
Admin City: Drums
Admin State/Province: PA
Admin Postal Code: 18222
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone:+1.5707088780
Tech ID: 23237050-NSIV
Tech Name: Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Tech Organization: Anti Defamation League Of B'nai B'rith
Tech Street1: ATTN insert domain name here
Tech Street2: care of Network Solutions
Tech City: Drums
Tech State/Province: PA
Tech Postal Code: 18222
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone:+1.5707088780
Name Server: SVL-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
Name Server: DCA-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
Name Server: DNS.ADL.ORG
Website Title:
ADL: Fighting Anti-Semitism, Bigotry and Extremism
Title Relevancy
50%
Meta Description:
The mission of the Anti-Defamation League is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people, to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike.
Relevancy:
42% relevant.
Meta Keywords:
anti-defamation league, adl, anti-defamation league of b'nai b'rith, anti-semitism, racism, bigotry, hatred, prejudice, bias, holocaust, israel, democracy, terrorism, militia, jews, jewish, diversity, anti-semitic incident, racist, discrimination, holocaust denial, neo-nazi, nazi, nazis, tolerance, civil rights, black, extremism, extremist, hate crimes, skinheads, middle east, islamic extremist, education, white supremacy, minority, bias, religious freedom, constitution, religious right, christian, free speech, war criminals, school prayer, religion, justice, hidden children, internet, world wide web
Relevancy: 12% relevant
SEO Score: 84%
Terms: 164 (Unique: 127, Linked: 75)
Links: 83 (Internal: 80, Outbound: 3)
AboutUs: Wiki article on Adl.org
Related Sites: ajc.org, [hate-site-nolink], splcenter.org, rense.com, naacp.org, jpost.com, hatewatch.org, earthlink.net, amnesty.org, ajcongress.org
DMOZ: 28 listings
DMOZ Title: Anti-Defamation League
DMOZ Description: The mission of the ADL is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all citizens alike.
DMOZ Category: / Society / Issues / Human Rights and Liberties / Advocacy Organizations /
Y! Directory:
25 listings
Yahoo Title: Anti-Defamation League
Yahoo Description: Fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.
Yahoo Category: / Society and Culture / Religion and Spirituality / Faiths and Practices / Judaism / Organizations / Anti Defamation League ADL /
Wikipedia: 1,146 pages
Visitors by Country: United States United States 66.9%
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK) 3.6%
India India 3.1%
Australia Australia 2.2%
Canada Canada 2.1%
Denmark Denmark 1.9%
Visitors by City:
US New York 8.7%
US Los Angeles 5.2%
PK Islamabad 4.9%
US Philadelphia 4.6%
US Chicago 3.9%
US Atlanta 2.9%
Alexa Trend/Rank:
#83,610: for the last three months.
Compete Rank:
#15,589 with 134,290 U.S. visitors per month
Quantcast Rank: #13,190
Search Engine Preview (View details)

To stop the defamation of the Jewish people... to secure justice and fair treatment to all
ADL on Global Anti-Semitism

Server Data
IP History:
9 changes on 7 unique name servers over 5 years.
Whois History:
221 records have been archived since 2001-07-24 .
Dedicated Hosting:
adl.org is hosted on a dedicated server.

In testimony before a Congressional panel, ADL outlined the major threats facing Jews around the globe and described how the singling out of Israel in public discourse was "providing cover for the re-emergence of age-old anti-Semitic themes and conspiracy theories."

Read more
Nikki Allinson: Empowering Peers to Squelch Hate

Student harassment escalated to the point where “It was impossible to walk into a classroom without at least 10 kids giving the ‘Heil Hitler’ salute.”
Learn how ADL helped reshape Nikki’s school life.

* Remembering Dr. Benjamin Hooks
* Anti-Semites Exploit Anti-Government Theories
* White House Shift in Israel Policy Is Faulty

MORE NEWS AND ISSUES

* Op-Ed: The Resurgence of the Militia Movement
* NYTimes Letter: Who Froze the Mideast Peace Process?
* Fact Sheet on the Hutaree Militia

See What’s on ADL TV

© 2010 Anti-Defamation League. All rights reserved. The Anti-Defamation League is a not-for-profit organization recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).

Created:
1995-07-21
Expires:
2011-07-20
Updated:
2008-02-16
Whois Server:
whois.pir.org
General TLDs:
Adl.com (registered and active website)
Adl.net (registered and active website)
Adl.org (registered and active website)
Adl.biz (registered and active website)
Adl.info (registered and no website)
Adl.us (registered and active website)
Server Type:
Microsoft-IIS/5.0
IP Address: 63.146.172.78 Whois | Reverse-IP | Ping | DNS Lookup | Traceroute
IP Location:
United States - New York - New York - Anti-defamation League
Response Code: 200
Domain Status: Registered And Active Website

[edit on 23/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Quoting nenothtu:
Indeed, we probably should keep an eye on those dangerous Tea Party folk. While we're at it, let's keep an eye on those dangerous truthers, birthers, beaurocracy supporters, status-quo supporters ( I mean, really, they're trying to lead us into an oblivion of Oneness, aren't they?), those dangerous war protestors, dangerous leftists, rightists, democrats, republicans, libertarians... the list goes on,, and leads right up to YOU, who are currently expressing your dissent, right here in public! Where do you propose we stop the surveillance, or should we just watch everyone?

The list does indeed go on. This is just the beginning. The folks you mentioned, and more, are in the next part of the Agenda, The Domestic Extremism Lexicon, sequel to the MIAC they are using right now. Interpreted properly, just about anyone can be listed from the Lexicon.
And they are being listed now. Hi there, readers ! blessed day to you, and all !

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Well , you know what they say ...

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Those of a "Tea Party" persuasion are vastly outnumbered by the majority of peaceful American citizens.

And yet, in all the Tea Party rhetoric that I've heard and read, there is no strong leaning toward violence nor "hate speech" of any sort. Could you please link me to some of this hateful, violence-laced rhetoric attributed to the Tea Party?

I know this, that there are Liberal entities out there attempting to infiltrate the Tea Party in order to introduce violence and hate speech into the discussion, attributing it to the Tea Party itself. This infiltration was openly reported by the Associated Press not even 2 weeks ago, and the story appeared right here on ATS the same day.

What does the Tea Party, as an organization, say about violent resolution?

Well, I just visited the TeaParty.org website, and here are the organization's "Core Beliefs," posted right on its home page:

Non-Negotiable Core Beliefs of the Tea Party
-
Illegal Aliens Are Here illegally.
Pro-Domestic Employment Is Indispensable.
Stronger Military Is Essential.
Special Interests Eliminated.
Gun Ownership Is Sacred.
Government Must Be Downsized.
National Budget Must Be Balanced.
Deficit Spending Will End.
Bail-out And Stimulus Plans Are Illegal.
Reduce Personal Income Taxes A Must.
Reduce Business Income Taxes Is Mandatory.
Political Offices Available To Average Citizens.
Intrusive Government Stopped.
English As Core Language Is Required.
Traditional Family Values Are Encouraged.

Hm. Doesn't say anything about violent resolution. Again, can you provide a link to expressly violent Tea Party rhetoric? Because I don't believe the Tea Party endorses violence of any kind.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join