It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I for one want to say thank you for standing up and doing the right thing.
Many would have dodged the issue but not you and I respect that immensely. The community on ATS should breath a little easier knowing we have good leadership at the top. Thank you again.

link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
reply to post by nenothtu

Or I could also read the site everyday and understand that the posters in question have written far, far worse and the ADL researcher was too lazy to use the search function.

Shoddy workmanship in pushing an agenda on the part of the ADL. what a novel concept! One would think they would have used the worst they could find to make their point. Tsk, tsk. It appears that they may not be that difficult to defeat after all, eh?

Let's cut the crap. The posters are not babes in the woods, woefully misunderstood by a cruel, hard world. They actually believe these things, they just don't like their beliefs advertised, and now the site has to wade through the mud defending their right to generalize and hyperventilate.

I missed the post where anyone insinuated the aggrieved parties were "babes in the woods". Perhaps you could point it out to me... or perhaps you exaggerate for some as yet unrevealed purpose?

I believe what is being defended is their right to hold an opinion, and expound upon it. Isn't that the basis of free speech? I stand by what I said - no 'threats' were made, despite the contrary claims by the ADL, and now yourself.

Please, if I'm wrong, show me. I'll be more than happy to admit it right here in front of God and everybody if you can show me to be wrong.

Minimizing the free expression of opinion to 'hyperventilation' is a dangerous thing in an allegedly free society. It sets a bad precedent.

link   

reply to post by burntheships

Yes, my record does speak for itself. I've been around long enough to remember when Stormfront used to try and infilitrate the forums and they were run out on a rail.

Now we share members.

Exactly right.

This website has now been infected by bible-thumping, "tea-bagging" trailer trash who use this site as a soapbox to make their racist comments and threats against the people of the United States and its government.

And people are surprised that this brings up red flags amongst certain agencies?

To be honest, I blame the mods and admin for allowing this to go unchecked for so long. Presumably because they are more interested in quantity of users (for financial reasons) than quality of content.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't know what is worse in this thread.

The awful deception and propagada by the ADL which definitely is out of control.

Or...the delusional American propaganda that America won the war in Europe single-handedly after entering late in the European war.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Lurch
This site is being used as a soapbox and meeting place for "Tea Party" members, supporters and sympathisers. This demographic far outnumbers any other on ATS right now, having infiltrated the site at an ever-increasing rate for approximately 2 years now. This trend shows no sign in stopping, in fact it seems to be getting worse.

And again I say, this is MAINSTREAM DISSENT against the central government, which is not only increasing on ATS but on websites and in forums all across the Internet.

I disagree that ATS is turning into "Tea Party Headquarters" any more than the Internet itself is turning into "Tea Party Headquarters"... Mainstream dissent IS what it IS, and it's appearing with increasing frequency in all outlets of Free Speech.

To DENY the discussion of unpopular topics (as perceived by the Liberal minority) is to SURRENDER our right to Free Speech because it makes the Liberal minority a bit queazy and nervous about their tenuous and unpopular agenda.

— Doc Velocity

The "Tea Party" are certainly not a mainstream group. They're a lunatic fringe who have gained a small amount of exposure in recent times in certain right-wing media because the Republicans lost the last election.

Those of a "Tea Party" persuasion are vastly outnumbered by the majority of peaceful American citizens.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Hope this answers your question .

Read it and come to your own conclusions .

" The ADL's ties to the Mossad, Israel's external intelligence agency, had been known even before the scandal broke out in 1993. During the court proceedings concerning a 1970 lawsuit against the ADL, an internal letter was disclosed in which ADL's Epstein bragged about the close intelligence relations between the ADL and Israel. Furthermore, in his 1988 autobiography, ADL general counsel Arnold Forster described the close connections between the ADL and the Mossad. The Mossad connection is especially disturbing because of the Israeli intelligence agency's long record of engaging in political assassinations of opponents of Israel throughout the world. "

" Like the Mossad, the ADL has not been content with just gathering information on those who have spoken out against Israel or in favor of Palestinian rights. The ADL has also actively engaged in discrediting them through disinformation campaigns which are aimed at both distorting the records and intimidating those opposed to Israel. While in the 1970's and 1980's, the ADL often falsely labeled such individuals as being connected to the PLO or in the pay of Arab Gulf states, since the 1990's, the ADL has begun labeling them as being connected to Islamic terrorist organizations. The ADL's allegations, while couched in a matter-of-fact style, nearly always falls far short of providing any real evidence. However such allegations have had far-reaching effects. After the ADL accused seven Palestinians and a Kenyan woman in California with ties to a PLO terrorist group, for example, the eight individuals were arrested and deportation proceedings were begun. When it was later discovered that no real evidence existed against the eight individuals except for the fact that they had distributed anti-Israeli magazines, the media sharply criticized the government. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, my record does speak for itself. I've been around long enough to remember when Stormfront used to try and infilitrate the forums and they were run out on a rail.

Now we share members.

Exactly right.

This website has now been infected by bible-thumping, "tea-bagging" trailer trash who use this site as a soapbox to make their racist comments and threats against the people of the United States and its government.

And people are surprised that this brings up red flags amongst certain agencies?

To be honest, I blame the mods and admin for allowing this to go unchecked for so long. Presumably because they are more interested in quantity of users (for financial reasons) than quality of content.

Are you serious The debates are not one sided and I have a pretty long FOE list to prove it. Just because you believe in certain things does not a radical make. You are painting yourself into corners and the very thing you hate is what you have become.

I read the posts everyday on ATS and I am also a poster I do not see the Mods letting violent or hateful speech stay posted they pull it when they see it. It is a big place and it can take a while for them to find it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

AHHH HA

JEZ man and Liberals think with their emotions?

Well with such a stable bunch, no wonder IRAQ happened-

EYE SEE EM TERRORISTS, EVERYWHERES!!!

You guys need beer

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

The awful deception and propagada by the ADL which definitely is out of control.

Or...the delusional American propaganda that America won the war in Europe single-handedly after entering late in the European war.

What does this have to do with the topic? Am I in a WW2 thread? If so my last post is not going to make much sense?

This topic is very important and we should stay on it and not be distracted away from it.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

What does this have to do with the topic? Am I in a WW2 thread? If so my last post is not going to make much sense?

Doc and I got into a little discussion on WW2 based on a comment he made, that's all.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Extremist muslims are allowed to post comments making threats against the United States government on their islamo-fascist websites. Yet people on here would scream bloody murder if these people were not monitored and checked out by certain agencies.

You see the hypocrisy?

No, I don't see it.

The Internet is a Global network, and all sorts of speech is likely to appear therein. Extremist Muslim bomb-throwers are not, for the most part, American citizens whose Free Speech is explicitly protected under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

It's not our job, as Americans, to extend Free Speech rights to other nations, particularly those nations that harbor anti-American bomb-throwers. So, hell yes, let's monitor the radical Muslim terrorists to the Nth Degree.

I, however, AM an American citizen, and my right to speak freely WILL NOT BE INFRINGED by any administration or Congress on American soil. Sorry, it's just not going to happen under the Constitution.

How many of the "violence inciting" quotes that were cited in the ADL's "report" came from purely radical Muslim sources? Has anyone checked that out? Were there ANY expressly anti-American websites cited?

Or were they all forums devoted to the discussion of Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness?

My point is, the ADL "report" seems to have targeted Americans who were speaking freely, as protected under the Constitution, rather than bomb-throwing radicals in other countries, whose speech is NOT protected under our Constitution.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

That's cool just wondering because this is probably the most important thread on ATS in some time. I have to wonder if there are other reports out in cyberland floating around. This almost looked like it had a format or something. Maybe I am just paranoid but I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

link   

The "Tea Party" are certainly not a mainstream group. They're a lunatic fringe who have gained a small amount of exposure in recent times in certain right-wing media because the Republicans lost the last election.

Those of a "Tea Party" persuasion are vastly outnumbered by the majority of peaceful American citizens.

Quit the bait and switch! A full One Third of Americans see the Government the greatest threat to thier freedoms.

www.time.com...

And CNN?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

And MSNBC???

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A full One Half are now skeptical of Washington D.C.

You were saying?

link   

Now we share members.

Exactly right.

Are you serious The debates are not one sided and I have a pretty long FOE list to prove it. Just because you believe in certain things does not a radical make. You are painting yourself into corners and the very thing you hate is what you have become.

I read the posts everyday on ATS and I am also a poster I do not see the Mods letting violent or hateful speech stay posted they pull it when they see it. It is a big place and it can take a while for them to find it.

I have seen many posts on this site calling for violence and revolution - in fact these type of posts are made daily on this site. People on here want to slaughter their fellow citizens in an act of treason and civil war.

This is not acceptable.

If I were to link you to an Islamo-fascist messageboard whose members were calling for violence against the US Government, I'm sure your tune would change.

The type of comments made on this site by "Tea Party" people are no different and should be treated as just as much of a threat by the relevant authorities.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Now we share members.

Exactly right.

I wish you were not one sided

You get so stuck on the concept of PROGRESSIVES so often...

We are all Americans dude FYI

I pay the same fricking taxes

I pay for the same wars

I have the same types of bills

I try to see at least two 4th of July shows each year because I like how it makes me feel

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This topic is very important and we should stay on it and not be distracted away from it.

Well! if you look at the pages before this one maybe a bell is ringing somewhere?

But thanks for stating the obvious here! - yes! this thread is about ADL!

link   

I have seen many posts on this site calling for violence and revolution - in fact these type of posts are made daily on this site. People on here want to slaughter their fellow citizens in an act of treason and civil war.

This is not acceptable.

If I were to link you to an Islamo-fascist messageboard whose members were calling for violence against the US Government, I'm sure your tune would change.

The type of comments made on this site by "Tea Party" people are no different and should be treated as just as much of a threat by the relevant authorities.

And every day, in these threads, where violence is discussed, there are also people preaching AGAINST violence and promoting NON VIOLENT action.

But that would be too inconvenient for you to spin with your half-truths and idiocy.

link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Extremist muslims are allowed to post comments making threats against the United States government on their islamo-fascist websites. Yet people on here would scream bloody murder if these people were not monitored and checked out by certain agencies.

You see the hypocrisy?

No, I don't see it.

The Internet is a Global network, and all sorts of speech is likely to appear therein. Extremist Muslim bomb-throwers are not, for the most part, American citizens whose Free Speech is explicitly protected under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

It's not our job, as Americans, to extend Free Speech rights to other nations, particularly those nations that harbor anti-American bomb-throwers. So, hell yes, let's monitor the radical Muslim terrorists to the Nth Degree.

I, however, AM an American citizen, and my right to speak freely WILL NOT BE INFRINGED by any administration or Congress on American soil. Sorry, it's just not going to happen under the Constitution.

How many of the "violence inciting" quotes that were cited in the ADL's "report" came from purely radical Muslim sources? Has anyone checked that out? Were there ANY expressly anti-American websites cited?

Or were they all forums devoted to the discussion of Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness?

My point is, the ADL "report" seems to have targeted Americans who were speaking freely, as protected under the Constitution, rather than bomb-throwing radicals in other countries, whose speech is NOT protected under our Constitution.

— Doc Velocity

You have the right to express such views but the government and certain agencies would not be doing their jobs correctly if they did not investigate such threats as a matter of public/private safety and protection of its citizens.

link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I believe they are doing that for a reason. Fear they know they can not limit free speech so why not make people afraid to use it. It works out great for them very little in and a huge return. Thankfully we have stand up people on ATS who will not let it slide.

Also the Muslim boogie man is running out of steam they need a new face to the boogie man. And I think the Tea party kinda people are it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join